Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 412 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love the car, but a little bit paranoid
By arpy1

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a huge fan of BMW, and I was so excited to be able to buy my first one. I bought my 06' 325XI in Sept of 11 with just under the 100K mark (98K). It is now Nov of 12, so, I have owned it for a little over a year. I now have 120K on the car and it is still going strong. In the year I have owned it I have had to change the oil, spark plugs, a headlight, and one pack of ignition coils. It truely is like a dream come true, but I always have a sense of doom in the back of my mind after reading a lot of these reviews.

I absolutely love the bluetooth and the extras. Living in Colorado, AWD/4WD is almost a must, especially if you are a skiier/snowboarder. The AWD system is amazing. Stomps my old 02 Jeep Grand Cheerokee's full time 4WD all over the place.

Probably the cup holders. I dont understand them.

Worst car on earth! Disapointed by BMW
By flavio1

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 325i 2006, second hand in 2011 it had about 62000 kilometers (not miles). Since then I was disappointed: the grey interior is now on a bad shape, on of the cup holders doesnt work at all, the button for the headlights felt apart and this is just the beginning. I had to change the water pomp ( 1100$) the service department told that it happens sometimes. 85 000 kms cover bolts that i have to change + camshaft and valanos solonoids total 1865 $. Plus many maintenance that I had to do. I will never buy a BMW again. The person who works at the sales department told me that once the warranty expires the real problems begin. Even people who are working at BMW dont trust the company

None

Eveything

great handling, suspention, poor qulity and reliability
By pux

got used
'06 325xi 6sp in '10 with 62k. Its fast, handles great, holds road great, design is superb. May be a short on space for families, and bigger people. Very pricy to maintain especially if you don't know much about cars or prefer dealership service but the car is intended for richer audience hence the costs. But its very poorly built(German assembly), front handles began sticking and you can't close the door after you already got in, so you have to reach out to push the handle!! every time!on a Bimmer, come on!sticky buttons inside!i mean you have to push with all your power! within 1st year 3 check engines.2 times parts sending electric impulse to sparkplgs, anothr VANOS problem.

design, good fuel economy for a 6 cyl car. Cons.: , assembly quality, reliability of some parts, pricey service.

automanual tranny could think quicker. though its a luxury car all service is the same as for not premium segment cars, so don't overpay just because it's a bimmer. it takes more oil, but replaceing it is not more labor or time consuming than doing it in civic or corolla, the same about brake pads or battery. diy will save lots of money for you. But better yet buy a japan alternative, same room, about the same performance less headache. no need to overpay like 8-10k for leather and look. or buy new:)

After I get rid of my 2nd BMW I will be FREE
By andew_steel

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 325 for my daughter and unfortunately I made the same mistake by buying a second one for my other daughter. They are fun to drive and stay on the road very well. But German engineering is just a myth. EVERYTHING breaks after the original factory warranty runs out. The money I spent in repairs I could have bought a new Honda.
And that is what I have done. Traded the first one in for a New Acura. My daughter loves her new Acura and very soon I will get rid of the 2nd one. And I will be DONE!

Ride very good on the highway. But the price for this is asinine.

Win back he American Consumer through quality.

It's great, when it works
By csarson

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My husband had this car built in Germany to U.S. specs. It is his pride and joy, & has lived up to his expectations as far as the driving experience. We live in PA and the car performs great on narrow, winding roads in all conditions - though the suspension is WAY too tight for Pittsburgh potholes.

Unfortunately it is constantly in the shop, & repairs are not cheap. My husband travels a lot & has been stranded multiple times, and been towed multiple times. He was stranded for two weeks when the steering lock went, but usually it is the tires - one FELL OFF about a month ago on the freeway.

My advice - don't try this without a 100K warranty. And don't expect it to reliably get you anywhere

Its performance will save you if you drive like a maniac on icy roads. Heated seats, infinitely adjustable seats - enough said. Headrests need to be able to move further back though.

There has to be something wrong with the car that it eats tires this fast - they wear unevenly, get bulges, and separate from the wheel. The local tire shop has started giving us frequent customer discounts. The worst part of BMW is the dealership. They treat you really nicely when you come in, but as far as actually fixing problems (even one they caused - halogen headlight casing found to be cracked after servicing, causing a rusted and broken motor), it's often a fight. With a car that breaks this much, and costs this much, you'd think they'd be more accommodating.