2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
A joy to drive
By april journey on 04/13/10 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned! Pure fun to drive, power when I need it and safety all around. Would I buy another? You bet I would!

Fun Car!
By TRUTH on 02/17/10 08:17 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ok I get to drive and own a lot of cars but must say the 325i is fun! Cant believe it but I avg 24 mpg, yes, this is in Fl, it has a gauge and pretty much don’t go under 22 nor over 24 around town and hwy, I know if this was the sport ed or a 330i it would have been a 10 down the line but it's not and will give an overall rating of 9

Fun to drive, but...
By AC BMW on 02/15/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that could have been great, but was let down by lots of details. My car was equipped with the sport package, which is uncomfortable for around town driving and causes the wheels to pick up excessive road damage. The run flat tires tramlined dangerously at the slightest rut in the road. This car had serious reliability and quality issues. My car was delivered with a coolant leak. Also, the steering wheel lock failed leaving me unable to start the car. The passenger airbag failed in the 3rd year. There was a rattle in the dash that wasn't fixed despite several trips to the dealer. The driver's side door pull is made of painted plastic and was peeling when I returned the car.

A fan of German Autos no more
By mrs.nateystates on 02/02/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned German cars my whole life but this will be my last. The AWD is similar to that of Audis, but too many electrical issues. The runflat tires are awful, the cupholders are inconvenient, the leatherette interior leaves much to be desired, and dealerships are few and far from my home in NH. Thanks to the runflat tires wearing unevenly and the pressure being off all the time I've had to take it in at least once a month. The steering wheel lock sensor also went off causing the car to shut off completely and leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere at temperatures below zero and had to be towed. I was without a car for 2 weeks while it was being repaired

Excellent, highly refined sports sedan.
By PK on 01/22/10 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This BMW is faster than most cars (got the 6 speed), excellent acceleration. I drove a 7 series before this, so the Sport Package and short wheelbase on the 3 ride pretty rough for my taste. The car feels like its glued to the road though. Stunning looks, very fun, Bluetooth is awesome,Sport seats too, Stock base stereo jams.

Good but with questions
By edmowl on 12/29/09 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Door handles had to be replaced. My 6- speed manual has a 4th gear that disengages between 60 and 75km/hr. No good for Prairie winters, even with new snow tires - xdrive might be better. Vehicle is generally too light for snowy climes and icy roads. Fun in the sun, though. Great handling. Good warranty and servicing support and dealerships offer very good customer service.

Poor reliability
By Freshies on 12/11/09 12:15 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my BMW since 10/2005. Though I LOVE the way the car drives, that love does not offset the dissatisfaction I get from living with this car. It cannot last more than a few months without some problem that needs to be resolved at the dealership. I've had a bad fuel line, grinding noise in the front suspension, failed power locking mechanism x2, failed power window regulator, broken front headlight washers x2, peeling paint from the interior handles x2, random steering wheel locking, active cruise control faults, and more. I've never had a car with so many problems, and I'm terribly disappointed in it. My dealer is not the most helpful either, which compounds my dissatisfaction.

Adios, Bimmer
By mariobgoode on 11/22/09 07:38 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 1st Bimmer & due to RFT's, my last. I enjoy driving long distances on week-ends & wanted to experience the ultimate driving experience after 20 yrs w/ Audis. I liked the power and pep, but it's not my preferred ride in wet or snowy roads. The RFT's are nice but the ride is so rough on less than perfect roads, it outweighs everything else. Dissatisfaction shows: 24K miles after 4 years. I use non-RFT's now w/ a jack & spare, w/c BMW does not offer, until trade-in time. Bottom line: too much money for mediocre design/planning, arrogant & unfriendly customer service.

Nice car
By Kurt on 11/14/09 16:29 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

No major issues with the car in 4 years. Bridgestone run flat tires started "cupping" at 16,000 miles creating more noise. BMW gave 50% discount on new Continental tires which are holding up well. The run flat tires have a harsher ride than I would like. Fun to drive and gets around 22 MPG in the city and around 30 MPG on the highway. Great brakes. BMW free maintenance program works well and oil changes and wipers are replaced without complaint. Only other warranty claim was to replace front door armrest where the plastic was looking tacky.

BMW 330xi
By Jeff on 11/09/09 07:14 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently had my second child so I needed to upgrade to a bigger car, I'm coming from a 2004 325ci. I was really excited to move to a bigger car with more power and a manual transmission. However, the first corner I took almost made me regret my decision. I did not realize how much of a difference the sport suspension made. Therefore, I wanted to warn any potential buyer to make sure you do not want the sports suspension. The car is fine and still fun to drive, however, I do miss the sport suspensions. FYI... the xi does not come with sport suspension.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.