2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Wait a week for tires!?!
By Lithops on 09/13/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Coming from the older 530i to the new 325i is part of the problem, I'm sure, but the ride on this new 3-series is horrible! Between the sports suspension and the run flat tires, I feel every tiny bump! Also, even though I live in Houston, it's taking a week to get replacement tires!! BMW just tells me "Well, the tires will become more available." Also I can drive to the gas station and back (4 miles), and even after 2 hours, you cannot hold your hand where the hood meets the fender, the temp is so hot! I have a 3-car garage and this BMW is heating the whole thing 10-15 degress higher than the outside temp! Service tech tells me everything is "normal". Very unhappy overall.

Finally got my BMW
By Finally a BMW on 08/23/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I waited a long time to get a BMW. It's fun to drive and is the best engineered car I have ever had. Nothing at all on the car is loose, or makes any type of rattle or squeak. The Bluetooth works exceptionally well. The car rides very hard though and has a tremendous amount of road noise due to the Run Flat tires - there is so much road noise and the seats are very uncomfortable so I will not be keeping this car when the lease is up. I love the power folding side mirrors - they really help to make more space in the garage when walking between the two cars.

Quality problems
By singh on 08/08/07 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own the BMW for last 11 months and drove 12000 miles. It is creating troubles for me steadily. During the first month I had to replace the ball bearing of the front right wheel, the left window pane started making noise and was replaced. Navigation went down and was replaced this month. I have to change wipers every 2nd month. CD player and even parking sensors also got replaced with navigation. Now steering wheel has started making a ticking noise. Air noise also started inc. day by day. Dealer says axle problem so need to be replaced. My car is under warranty so I am getting these treatments free of cost. I just cant imagine what would happen after the warranty ends.

Love it!
By Beemer on 07/05/07 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a used 325i, 6 speed manual and it is great. Very quick in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, exterior styling is great and feels very tight. This hugs the road and is a great performer. The 6 speed helps with gas mileage and average around 30-32 on the highway and 25-27 in town. Surprisingly roomy on the inside for a tall guy.

Great car minus run-flat tires
By Steve on 06/12/07 14:07 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a pre-owned 06 325i with Sport, Premium, etc. Car had 9500 miles at purchase. Had a 4 tire replacement worked into my deal as the tires were extremely loud. So, the noise is gone for now. Other than the tires, the car is outstanding. Build quality really jumps out at me. Handles very well and is extremely efficient, 31.7 mpg on the highway.

2006 BMW 325i
By campbeju on 05/17/07 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and I am extremely happy with my purchase. I haven't had to replace my tires yet at 19,000 and am glad the car comes with a warranty. It will be very difficult to buy a different car after this experience.

My First BMW
By Joe on 05/16/07 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased almost 1 year ago and have no complaints. Car is very solidly built with more than enough standard features. Looked at the G35, A4 and Acura TL and none had the total package of handling, performance and comfort as the BMW.

Ultimate Driving Machine? You betcha!
By Andy on 03/30/07 23:44 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Well, being the frugal type, I searched for my 1st bimmer, a pre-owned 325i and have to say it's all that and a bag of chips too. (Won't buy new, depreciates soon as you drive off the lot.) This baby's pretty much got everything: active steering, adaptive light control, xenons, moonroof, dynamic cruise, dakota leather, sport and premium pkg, voice activated nav, iDrive, sunshades, multi function steering wheel, htd seats, pwr folding rear-view mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, and of course steptronic. Sheesh, only missing adaptive cruise and comfort access! I've never driven a car that felt so one with me. I'm amazed @ the way it does everything so well. I'm speechless What took me so long??

It's OK
By angie on 03/29/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Rides rough, but is fun to drive after 75 or 80 mph. The seats are not really comfortable especially on a long trip. It does get good gas mileage and it will get you out in traffic without a problem. I really don't know if I will get another BMW. We always wanted one and now that we can afford one, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be.

Too Expensive
By Dave on 03/19/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After shopping BMW, Acura, Lexus and Honda, decided on the BMW. It was my wife's choice of cars. Bad choice. My neighbor bought the Acura TL and it runs circles around the BMW in performance, luxury and price. The BMW is slow, very loud and rides horribly. I know it is a road car but the ride on the run flat tires is absolutely terrible. Speaking of the run flats, these tires were a huge mistake on the part of BMW. Mine have 11500 and will need replacement in another few hundred miles. The car also won't hold an alignment. The paint quality is also very poor. Next time I will buy the Acura with better engineering, performance, price and quality.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.