Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love My Beamer
By mrlpn84

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my black 2006 325i sport package blonde leather seats and lovvvve it. I came from a 06 Sonata and theres no looking back. I test drove the 07 clk 550 and almost got it until i spotted the Beamer and took a test drive, what a difference this thing handles like a dream and german built like a bank vault. It turns sooo many heads and the sound system is crazy. I only wished i had the 330 for the 255hp engine but whatever. Im hooked on BMW and will always own one.

Favorite Features

Ext style passing power exhaust sound ride handling sound system sport pkge seating position Its A BMW german built mpg

Suggested Improvements

More base power In dash changer std more backseat room narrow door opening

Buy beware (BMW's are lemons)
By garyatvartac

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW is a maintenance night mare. I absolutely hate my car b/c it is as reliable as the wind. The craftsman ship of the 3 series is poor at best. My car started to pour not leak oil at around 59,000 miles. The entire cooling system failed at 90,000 miles. The car is a big money pit. The electric water pump on the car costs around 600 dollars and the thermostat is 150 at a discounted auto parts store. I paid 1200 at a indy shop to get the starter replaced. BMW is nothing but an over priced piece of junk.

Favorite Features

The car looks nice but that is where the buck stops.

Suggested Improvements

The car suffers from major reliability issues. The car is very cheaply made for the huge price tag. BMW's are not every day driver vehicles.

First BMW
By Hugh

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car after trading in runflats for AAA and can of flat fixer. Mixed driving get 25 mpg, at 72k miles still feels new, minimal problems after tires (ac needed work and peeling door handles replaced at 25 k) best mileage when averaging 80 mph. Need radar detector as I can't tell how fast I'm going due to smooth ride. Will definitely buy another BMW in 2016.

Favorite Features

acceleration after 25 mph, cruise control, bluetooth, smooth shifting, infrequent servicing

Suggested Improvements

Replace runflats with regular tires early,

Great driving car
By dic_camarillo

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We thoroughly enjoy our 2006 BMW 325i sedan. Ours has a sport package, which includes larger wheels (looks nice), sport steering wheel, but most important is the sport seats. Dual power seats with power side bolsters and manual seat bottom extenders. Compared to our 2009 328i (Premium - no sport), the seats on the '06 are so much better. The ride comfort isn't as good as the '09, but it's still good for a performance sedan. The fit and finish is still good, materials are very well made and have held up well. Paint still looks good, except for the repainted bumpers from a parking lot ding (factory paint is so much better than a body shop repair). Overall, we're very happy!

Favorite Features

Handling, smooth idle, precise steering, fade resistant brakes, good looks, quality materials, low maintenance and repairs - you must keep up with maintenance or you'll pay later. Great visibility, feels like an extension of me, comfortable seats, good long distance driving car, smooth on road, lots of front leg room, good stereo, trip computer and all the nice creature comforts.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more back seat leg room. Center hump is a bit tall, so car is really a 4 passenger car. A little more power would be nice - our '09 328i is a perfect mix between power and gas mileage.

Fun To Drive But Very Poor Reliability - Automotive Engineer
By tomkat2kid2

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am an Automotive / Commercial Vehicle Engineer. I am also the original owner of a 2006 BMW 325i with 75K miles, and while I like the cars handling and styling, the quality and reliability of this vehicle has been extremely poor. I have owned many different brands of vehicles, and this vehicle by far has had the most problems under warranty. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty (which I had never done before) but it is due to expire in 5K miles. See below for a list of issues with this vehicle over a 4 year period. While the vehicle is fun to drive and has good styling, I would caution anyone considering this vehicle due to the risk of significant out of pocket repair costs.

Favorite Features

Handling, followed by styling.

Suggested Improvements

Here are a list of vehicle problems over the past 48 months: 1) Key Fob Electronic Module Failure (steering wheel with a line through it.. could not start vehicle). Replaced Module. 2) Transmission pan leaking transmission fluid. Replaced transmission pan. 3) Engine Valve cover gasket leaking. Replaced valve cover gasket. 4) SOS System Failure (SOS symbol with a line through it). Replaced module 5) Service Engine Light. Cooling thermostat failure. Replaced thermostat 6) Service Engine Light. Camshaft sensor failure. Replaced sensor 7) Service Engine Light. Emission solenoid failure. Replaced solenoid 8) Armrest peeling (replaced), shifter peeling (replaced)