2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews 5

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Glad I bought it
By James on 06/06/10 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 325i as credit union repo. We got it well under what dealers where asking for the same car. It's a blast to drive and fuel economy is good. The drawbacks are the run flat tires they are very noisy and ride rough. I put new tires on it (non run flat) and made a world of difference in handling and ride noise. yes the cup holders are a bit quirky. Overall a great purchase.

Still the best but has lost something.
By allan adderley on 05/28/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd 330i after a 2001 and 2002. Like the others this car had the Sports & Premium packages. Extra CPO warranty and bought tire & wheel insurance. Got an automatic after having 5 speeds because of my wife and regretted it immediately. New automatics are better but still don't have that "connected" feel of a manual. The handling is even better than previous models but didn't feel as fun to drive somehow. The car has definitely gotten bigger and heavier and you feel it. Some systems have almost gotten too complicated. Would have probably kept the car if it had a manual transmission but sold it at 38,000 miles. Now thinking about getting a 135i but the styling puts me off.

Ultimate Drive
By ULTDRIV on 05/11/10 12:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a fully loaded 330xi with the sport package in 2006. It is a blast to drive! I've topped out at 130mph and it felt like normal highway speed...quiet and smooth. High speed turns and winding roads are a blast. This car loves to race and is extremely comfortable at all speeds. Yes, you will feel the road, that's why it's a sports car...that's why it is fun! If you want a softer ride, do not get the sport package. It is made to be driven and I hit 100mph+ whenever I can on an open stretch of highway. Four years of trouble free ownership thus far. Only problem was the electronic steering wheel lock which was fixed quickly under warranty. BMW is the best car I've ever owned.

So far, so good
By FirstTimeBMWOwner on 04/15/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a CPO 325i (my first "luxury car") with sport and premium packages and about 36K miles in December 2009, as it was coming off of lease and still under factory warranty/maintenance. So far, so good, although I have had several incidents with the rear passenger window staying down until the engine is turned off and re-started - I took it into the dealership and it worked perfectly so there was no way they could diagnose the problem. Anyway, the 325i sport handles very well, and has a very solid "feel." However, when I replace these tires, I will use standard rather than run flat tires as I am convinced the ride will be much smoother, even with the sport suspension.

A joy to drive
By april journey on 04/13/10 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned! Pure fun to drive, power when I need it and safety all around. Would I buy another? You bet I would!

2006 330 Coupe w/Sports Pkg & 18" wheels
By T. Testa on 04/05/10 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought my 2006 330ci certified from a NJ dealership. My first attempt on a certified vehicle. So far car has been great and literally did look almost new upon my purchase. Great blend of sportiness, luxury and fuel efficiency. Can't ask for much more for a sporty vehicle.

My favorite car
By 1986pacecar on 02/18/10 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a certified car nut having owned probably 25 cars over the past 30 years and this is my favorite car hands down. I've owned faster cars and more luxurious cars but none as enjoyable to drive as my 325xi. My other car is a 99 Corvette and I can tell you I would feel much more confidant driving my BMW at 150 any day of the week. The Vette feels like a rattle trap compared to the BMW and the silky smoothness of the engine and drivetrain is amazing. My car's got 47,000 miles on it but is tighter and smoother than the brand new 2008 Chevy Malibu it replaced.

Fun Car!
By TRUTH on 02/17/10 08:17 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ok I get to drive and own a lot of cars but must say the 325i is fun! Cant believe it but I avg 24 mpg, yes, this is in Fl, it has a gauge and pretty much donít go under 22 nor over 24 around town and hwy, I know if this was the sport ed or a 330i it would have been a 10 down the line but it's not and will give an overall rating of 9

Fun to drive, but...
By AC BMW on 02/15/10 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car that could have been great, but was let down by lots of details. My car was equipped with the sport package, which is uncomfortable for around town driving and causes the wheels to pick up excessive road damage. The run flat tires tramlined dangerously at the slightest rut in the road. This car had serious reliability and quality issues. My car was delivered with a coolant leak. Also, the steering wheel lock failed leaving me unable to start the car. The passenger airbag failed in the 3rd year. There was a rattle in the dash that wasn't fixed despite several trips to the dealer. The driver's side door pull is made of painted plastic and was peeling when I returned the car.

A fan of German Autos no more
By mrs.nateystates on 02/02/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned German cars my whole life but this will be my last. The AWD is similar to that of Audis, but too many electrical issues. The runflat tires are awful, the cupholders are inconvenient, the leatherette interior leaves much to be desired, and dealerships are few and far from my home in NH. Thanks to the runflat tires wearing unevenly and the pressure being off all the time I've had to take it in at least once a month. The steering wheel lock sensor also went off causing the car to shut off completely and leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere at temperatures below zero and had to be towed. I was without a car for 2 weeks while it was being repaired