Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW = Been My Worst!
By amystical1

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish I had nothing but rave reviews on this car and that I have had an enjoyable experience owning the 325i, but unfortunately I don't. I purchased the 325i as a CPO with the extended warranty/maintenance and road hazard for the tires. I am so glad I did because it was heavily used. The service people know me by first name here in Houston and that is not good. I go there on schedule with some sort of issue every other month. I have lost time from work and weekend days having to take it to the dealership for service and I have spent my patience with the BMW brand above and beyond what I should have. I regret purchasing this car & now I have anxiety attacks driving it. I'm done w/it!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Love to drive, pain to own
By vadim_

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best handling and most fun to drive car Iíve owned. It's glued to the road. Great cornering, steering, the best brakes, feels very safe. Good acceleration. On other hand: run-flat tires became very noisy at 15K mi, and had to be replaced at 22K mi. No room for spare if you want to buy one. Iíve been to dealership at least 12 times in 5 years. Solenoid valves needed to be replaced 4 times in 2 years. Passenger seat airbag sensor replaced, ignition lock replaced & more. Cosmetic issues too such as paint peeling on the roof after 1 year, inside door handles needed to be replaced, improperly installed panels after service appointments that need to be reinstalled & more.

Favorite Features

handling, acceleration, brakes, looks.

Suggested Improvements

fix the electric bugs, get solenoid valves that don't go bad below 15F. Ged rid of runflats and put back spare tire. BMW service at two different dealerships in Lake County IL is not so great. Takes 2 days to change oil sometimes, and if you want a loaner Ė itís a 2 weeks wait list. As much as I love driving the car I will stay away from the BMW in the near future.

Too Sporty For Me
By snowtrax00

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a nice car and very fun to drive. It's very fast with great mileage. I get about 26mpg around town and 33 or 34 on the highway. The engine is quiet along with the cabin but the exhaust is too numb for me compared to the Infiniti. The sport ride is way too stiff even without runflats. The only reasons I wanted the sport package was for the better seats, steering wheel and rims but the ride is just awful, especially in the winter when the roads get bad. It's too small on the inside for three people and a little too small for two people. It's difficult to get into because it's so low but the driving position is fantastic but the previous generation G35 was much better.

Favorite Features

Performance, Power folding mirrors, Many-way adjustable seats, Automatic wipers, Adaptive xenon headlights, Powerful brakes, Climate controlled cup holder, Heated seats, Exhaust adjustment, Sunroof, One touch windows, Lights under door handles, Automatic day/night mirror, Carpet and interior quality, Nice paint, Rims

Suggested Improvements

Better ride even with sport suspension, more interior room, better cup holder design, tinted rear windows, fold down seat on all models, better looking dashboard without Nav, No push button start in cars without comfort access, Better exhaust, Smoother leather although it's very rugged, Bluetooth that's actually worth using since no one can hear you, Back-up camera when equipped with Nav

Fun To Drive But Very Poor Reliability - Automotive Engineer
By tomkat2kid2

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am an Automotive / Commercial Vehicle Engineer. I am also the original owner of a 2006 BMW 325i with 75K miles, and while I like the cars handling and styling, the quality and reliability of this vehicle has been extremely poor. I have owned many different brands of vehicles, and this vehicle by far has had the most problems under warranty. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty (which I had never done before) but it is due to expire in 5K miles. See below for a list of issues with this vehicle over a 4 year period. While the vehicle is fun to drive and has good styling, I would caution anyone considering this vehicle due to the risk of significant out of pocket repair costs.

Favorite Features

Handling, followed by styling.

Suggested Improvements

Here are a list of vehicle problems over the past 48 months: 1) Key Fob Electronic Module Failure (steering wheel with a line through it.. could not start vehicle). Replaced Module. 2) Transmission pan leaking transmission fluid. Replaced transmission pan. 3) Engine Valve cover gasket leaking. Replaced valve cover gasket. 4) SOS System Failure (SOS symbol with a line through it). Replaced module 5) Service Engine Light. Cooling thermostat failure. Replaced thermostat 6) Service Engine Light. Camshaft sensor failure. Replaced sensor 7) Service Engine Light. Emission solenoid failure. Replaced solenoid 8) Armrest peeling (replaced), shifter peeling (replaced)

Best car ive ever owned!!!
By 72coupe1

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

only had this car for a few days, but so far it is the best car i have ever owned. awesome combination of luxury, performance, and economy. everything about it has great build quality except for some of the interior-the paint on the plastic components wants to flake off very easily...i would expect more out of a German luxury sedan. other than that i would recommend this car above all else.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, handling, steptronic transmission, power, comfort

Suggested Improvements

better quality on interior plastic