Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Use but still great
By burley

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW used with 79,000 miles. I have a new Mercedes c class, a Lexus is 250. The Mercedes was a very good car. The Lexus had nice features but when you add in the frequent maintenance unrotatable tires and lack drive quality when if comes to the feel of the car. At 80,000 miles the BMW has a better quality feel than the Lexus. I can't knock the Mercedes, when you compare Mercedes and BMW its more a matter of taste, they are just different. In comfort and road handling Mercedes has a softer feel which some people like more. To me BMW is just more suited to a person who love to drive and the feel of the car and the road as one.

Favorite Features

over all driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

more horse power, eye glass storage

Nice car
By Kurt

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

No major issues with the car in 4 years. Bridgestone run flat tires started "cupping" at 16,000 miles creating more noise. BMW gave 50% discount on new Continental tires which are holding up well. The run flat tires have a harsher ride than I would like. Fun to drive and gets around 22 MPG in the city and around 30 MPG on the highway. Great brakes. BMW free maintenance program works well and oil changes and wipers are replaced without complaint. Only other warranty claim was to replace front door armrest where the plastic was looking tacky.

Favorite Features

Great engine and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Go to regular tires with a spare.

Not as expected
By Charles

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Owned a '93 325i. this is my 2nd 325i. I am so disappointed. stereo sound quality is substandard, acceleration is poor, transmission screams noisy "whirr" sound (done intentionally by BMW), shifting D to SD is awkard, front cupholder spoils liquid onto stereo and shift gears, not iPod-ready, combo computer-stereo display is hard to reach and adjust, center dashboard casts a large distracting shadow while driving under blazing sun, various warning signals come on and off by itself, car jerks during quick stops (BMW says it's normal), little storage space, window switches are too far front. Sadly, after 5mo, there is nothing I can brag about as a owner. I regret it.

Favorite Features

overall looks, nothing else.

Suggested Improvements

stop making quality cars equipped with substandard accessories. stop sacrificing function for looks.

Save your money!
By Carol

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car new 3 weeks ago. I am not satisfied at all. First, let me say that I also own a 2003 BMW 330i so I do have some BMW ownership experience. The 2006 330i is unsatisfactory, in my opinion. I've already had it back to the dealer because it is hesitating noticeable when starting from a stopped position. Of course, they said they couldn't find anything wrong. If you floor it, and then let up on the gas, the RPM's stay up for a coule of seconds even after you take your foot off the gas like the car can't figure out what to do next. It also needs a front end alignment which I noticed immediately when test driving it, but they dont' have the specs to repair that yet.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Don't sell a car that you don't have specs on to make repairs!!

Love this car
By JimB

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car fits like a glove - the minute I sit in it, my whole body relaxes. Quick, handles very well, the only problem is that it is so much fun to drive, I tend to drive it really fast. The styling is classic, timeless. I have the iPod interface and the Harmon Kardon stereo, and the sound is really good. The only complaint, and I knew this going in, was that the back seat is tight.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, comfort, and style.

Suggested Improvements

Leave a few more inches of legroom in the back seat.