2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great to Drive...but ugly!!!
By BMW driver on 05/25/05 08:39 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great driving car, power, handling is second to none in this class. But the car is bloated looking and the rear is hideous. Interior is not up to par with a 40K plus car.

BMW truly is Ultimate Driving Machine
By ChrisM on 05/24/05 06:53 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

You can't beat the handling, smooth engine, technology advances, pristine styling, brute strength and refined luxury. Some cars do one or several of these things well. The BMW 3-Series has mastered them all. Where previous generations had a more pedestrian exterior - especially the coupe, which appeared to be missing the 3rd and 4th doors - the new 3 delivers aggressive styling with balance and panache. This is the best car on the road, period. You may find more technology gadgets in an Acura, less road noise in a Lexus and more power in an Aud (?) ... but no competitor comes close to delivering the complete package - from tip to tail - with so many features at or near the top of the rankings.

Perfection Perfected
By BMW on 05/17/05 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What's not to like? The new BMW 3 Series is faster, smarter, sleeker, more solid, and more efficient.

new 3 series a big step up
By gerard.marciano on 05/17/05 10:27 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was at the "coming out" party for the new 3 at Chelsea Piers in New York and fell in love immediately. I traded in my 2002 325 and just picked up my new 3 on May 10th. I got the sport package, and the only down side is the ride is a bit choppy on bad roads. Could be the run-flats. iDrive is greatly simplified; most controls are off the steering wheel. Great seats, much more refined than the previous 3. Much quieter with extraordinary feel and a real luxurious cabin that oozes sophistication. Stereo upgrade is just so so, but the iDrive gives the dash a second hump which looks much better than the regular interior. iDrive is a cinch...no big deal. What an engine; silky smooth, no growl.

Greater Than The Sum of It's Parts
By MyBMW on 05/16/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've been waiting for BMW to build this car! The design is masculine and evolutionary, exactly what it should be. The interior- beautifully tailored and comfortable, materials are excellent not cheap like you find in the competition. Still very much the drivers car it's renowned to be...but better. Stereo - awesome and standard equipment in this car. Xenon lights also standard with the look of it's older siblings - very cool. Excellent six speed transmission. 32.1 mpg with just 100 miles on the odometer!! Take a lesson Infiniti, Lexus and Audi - you can add all the horsepower you want, but you'll never be this good. Excellent execution!

The new E90
By THX1138 on 05/16/05 13:10 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned 3 E46's since they were released, and just purchasing the 3rd one (330cic w/ performance package) a month ago, I was a bit worried about the new model. So far, I LOVE this car. Internet pictures and reviews do not do this car justice. I purchased a 330i Silver on Black w/ Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, and iDrive/Nav. The car is fast, comfortable (larger interior), fun to drive. It's everything you'd expect from a 3 series plus more. The sound system is excellent, and I love the ability to use voice commands to control the iDrive. Add in a bluetooth phone, the ability to make calls with one push of a button without ever touching your phone is a really winner in my book.

The best 3-series yet!
By Gabe P. on 05/14/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a beauty to drive, be in, and look at. It hugs the road, has virtually no lean in tight curves, accelerates well and is ohhh so smooth and quiet. The inline 6 is peppy, and the handling is what you would expect from BMW. The interior well appointed (with the premium and winter packages) and the finish is flawless. Try the automatic transmission if you are uncomfortable with manual: the difference in 0 - 60 is there but is not that significant. All in all this is a fun car to drive to work, on weekends, or whenever you just feel like tainkg a spin.

Awesome and fun
By Dawn on 05/14/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second of many BMWs to come, I love the way the 2006 handles, this car is very tight. Many more extras than my 2002 and roomier. Definitely would recommend this car!

My first 200 miles
By jdsses on 05/11/05 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I just got my new 2006 330i and love it so far. I love the active steering and the aluminum trim (it goes perfectly with the grey interior). BUT one thing I realize I don't like is the ride - I did NOT get the sport pkg. but it rides like a buckboard in regular driving situations. I now wish I had bought something else such as the new Infiniti M. It's too bad that BMW took the perfect car (on so many things I like) and have made it way too bouncy for comfort - I am not expecting a Cadillac but this rides worse than my BMW 540 with the sport package.

Still smiling....
By josh on 05/03/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I still have not got the smile off of my face from my first drive. The salesman told me if I drive it I'll buy it. I drove it and I bought it. This is the funnest car on the face of the earth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.