Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Worst car ever
By scott

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased car new. I had nothing but problems. Engine needed all new lifters. Dealership fixed it, but then the engine started making other noises. Care was in shop for 24+ days. Dealer bought back car and had given a deal on a new 2007. That one lasted about 10,000 miles before I traded it in. It has front end issues and kept destroying the tires.

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the run flat tires

Horrible Tires
By Silvers Mom

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my new car and the drive was great for the first two years or so. Since then, I've fallen out of love with my car for a number of reasons, all given by other drivers. My car seems to have to same issues that I've read under the 5 series' reviews on Edmunds and I recently had to have fuel injector work that would have cost about $1,300 but they covered it under warranty even though I was out of warranty. Car still idles roughly. My tires are toast and have been for a while. I only have 25,000 miles on my car! Saw someone else mention run-flats are $1200! So - I am already facing $$$$$ on a car that has low mileage and isn't that old.

Favorite Features

When the tires are good, the handling is wonderful as is acceleration for a 4 door sedan. I love the HVAC and heated seats. I also think the trunk is huge for a car this size.

Suggested Improvements

Tires. PLEASE ditch the run-flats and make a well for a small temporary tire. Also, if BMW knew it had a design issue with the engine, WHY wouldn't they fix it and ensure that no one is paying out of pocket? This is why I didn't buy another Nissan Maxima. It leaves a bitter taste in one's mouth.

Glad I bought it
By James

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 325i as credit union repo. We got it well under what dealers where asking for the same car. It's a blast to drive and fuel economy is good. The drawbacks are the run flat tires they are very noisy and ride rough. I put new tires on it (non run flat) and made a world of difference in handling and ride noise. yes the cup holders are a bit quirky. Overall a great purchase.

Favorite Features

Style and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the run flat tires they are no good. Better cup holders

So far, so good
By FirstTimeBMWOwner

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a CPO 325i (my first "luxury car") with sport and premium packages and about 36K miles in December 2009, as it was coming off of lease and still under factory warranty/maintenance. So far, so good, although I have had several incidents with the rear passenger window staying down until the engine is turned off and re-started - I took it into the dealership and it worked perfectly so there was no way they could diagnose the problem. Anyway, the 325i sport handles very well, and has a very solid "feel." However, when I replace these tires, I will use standard rather than run flat tires as I am convinced the ride will be much smoother, even with the sport suspension.

Favorite Features

Handling (i.e., fun to drive), solid quality interior accessories and multiple seat adjustments are just a few of my favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are a joke for a $40K+ luxury car, run flat tires leave much to be desired, and the 3-series could get better gas mileage.

Fun Car!
By TRUTH

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ok I get to drive and own a lot of cars but must say the 325i is fun! Cant believe it but I avg 24 mpg, yes, this is in Fl, it has a gauge and pretty much donít go under 22 nor over 24 around town and hwy, I know if this was the sport ed or a 330i it would have been a 10 down the line but it's not and will give an overall rating of 9

Favorite Features

Nav- fun! MPG, Handles great, paint job is great and its solid warranty!

Suggested Improvements

More high tech