Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Use but still great
By burley on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW used with 79,000 miles. I have a new Mercedes c class, a Lexus is 250. The Mercedes was a very good car. The Lexus had nice features but when you add in the frequent maintenance unrotatable tires and lack drive quality when if comes to the feel of the car. At 80,000 miles the BMW has a better quality feel than the Lexus. I can't knock the Mercedes, when you compare Mercedes and BMW its more a matter of taste, they are just different. In comfort and road handling Mercedes has a softer feel which some people like more. To me BMW is just more suited to a person who love to drive and the feel of the car and the road as one.

Love the car
By mrsnitrobob on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Have almost 125k miles and no problems, just the usual oil change, tires, brakes changing. Fun, reliable car. Navigation, while as not touch screen, it does allow my passenger use it, while I'm driving.

330i sport avg 22 mpg wow what a car!
By FLYfor God on 08/24/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had a 325i Sport, 325i base and now a 330i Sport, I want to say that there is a wow factor between base and sport, I wish it wasn’t true but they are “two different cars”, my 325i avg 23-24 mpg unbelievable in my book, but with a slight lag on takeoff oh well the trade off is MPG, the 330i avg 22 mpg solid, hwy 75-80 28 mpg 65 mph-34 mpg and 60-35, I think for a 255 hp this is incredible, it has the bang when you hit it but from 1-10 mph yes it’s not a rocket ship but feel BMW did it right, it handles GREAT, maybe not like a G35 but that is a hard harsh ride , the 330i isn’t yet the 325 sport was harsh? I feel the 330i is worth the extra $, outside of a small lag you will love this car

Lemon
By Rhonda on 08/14/10 02:51 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thought BMW was a reliable, long lasting car manufacturer, but this adorable car has turned out to be a lemon. The car is very stylish, good body lines and just down right pretty. The auto convertible top is simple and quick to use and still leaves a roomy trunk. Bucket seats are about the most comfortable seats I've owned. Gas mileage is good 25+ mpg on highway and I'm a fast driver. Handling and braking performance are superior. But, it's been one thing after another, mirrors broke, wood look trim cracked, seat belt holders broke, interior door knob broke, window button broke, air vents in dash broke, in-dash cubbyhole storage compartment door broke, delay wipers erratic. Feel deceived

Great Car
By 330i FL to MI on 08/12/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was reading some of the reviews and thought I would give my opinion. This car is like no other. I see complaints of tires, etc. Purchase the tire/wheel warranty. It will pay for itself after one nail in a tire. Also, buy CPO. The only thing not covered is a battery ($250), but the money you save otherwise can't be beat. I bought while living in Miami and was listed for 34,000 and walked out for under 25,000 with warranty that blows other makers away on a car with 24,000 miles. Yeah, its had some minor issues, but for me its the best car available for the money. This car will not disappoint other than snow. I will get snow tires this year.

The best car I've ever owned!
By #1 Fan on 08/04/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car really lives up to the BMW reputation! It is the ultimate driving machine. I bought it at 50,000 miles and now it's up to 77,000 miles. I love the GPS, bluetooth and all the amazing features of this car! It drives so smooth and the brakes are amazing, you tap on it and it stops. Many who have driven this car has commented on how great the brakes work. The only draw backs are cost to maintain this car. Oil changes will run you about $100, but you only change the oil every 10,000 miles. You have to use premium gas or it will affect the performance of the car. Do NOT go cheap on maintenance of this vehicle because it will come back to bite you! New set of tires will be expensive.

First BMW
By Hugh on 07/10/10 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car after trading in runflats for AAA and can of flat fixer. Mixed driving get 25 mpg, at 72k miles still feels new, minimal problems after tires (ac needed work and peeling door handles replaced at 25 k) best mileage when averaging 80 mph. Need radar detector as I can't tell how fast I'm going due to smooth ride. Will definitely buy another BMW in 2016.

Worst car ever
By scott on 06/24/10 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased car new. I had nothing but problems. Engine needed all new lifters. Dealership fixed it, but then the engine started making other noises. Care was in shop for 24+ days. Dealer bought back car and had given a deal on a new 2007. That one lasted about 10,000 miles before I traded it in. It has front end issues and kept destroying the tires.

Excellent driver though issues
By Romas on 06/23/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased first ever BMW, was a CPO with only 29k on odo and had sport, premium, & 6 sp manual. I love the handling, excellent brakes, seats fit perfect & logic7 is 100% better than stock system. Complaints-Reliability 1 mo had an exhaust camshaft sensor, 2 mo later rr rt wheel bearing day then 3 mo later lt rear wheel bearing. Spoke to1st owner & he had nothing to hide (accidents, hard driving etc). Run flats worst tires ever owned. Tram lining & wear are horrible. Suggest top rated A/S perf tires when replacing!! Reliability will determine if it's a keeper or seller at CPO end 2-12. Best ever daily driver if you can only own one car!

Horrible Tires
By Silvers Mom on 06/20/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my new car and the drive was great for the first two years or so. Since then, I've fallen out of love with my car for a number of reasons, all given by other drivers. My car seems to have to same issues that I've read under the 5 series' reviews on Edmunds and I recently had to have fuel injector work that would have cost about $1,300 but they covered it under warranty even though I was out of warranty. Car still idles roughly. My tires are toast and have been for a while. I only have 25,000 miles on my car! Saw someone else mention run-flats are $1200! So - I am already facing $$$$$ on a car that has low mileage and isn't that old.