Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

First One On the Block
By Dogmom

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW, have always owned practical japanese cars. Mine is basically stripped, only added the bun warmers. Checked out all of the competition first, this car wins (even though I'm not crazy about the new styling), hands down. The ride in the BMW is firm, sporty as it should be, but unlike the Acura, you do not feel every pimple in the road. I've driven a manual transmission for 20 years, and I'm still getting used to this one. The more I drive it, the more I like it. The sound on the base stereo is wonderful. I paid $1,000 to "upgrade" the stereo on my previous car, and it doesn't even come close to the sound quality of this one. The start button is a hoot!

Ride quality, sound and feel. Even a "stripped" model is farily loaded. All of the window buttons are "one touch."

Driver's seat needs to be able to be raised higher. I almost feel like a little kid I sit so low!

BMW 325 2006
By jf

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a nice car and fun to drive. Got everything that I look for, and doesn't have anything I don't care to have. Great handling, reasonably quite. It ride solid but smoothly, just one of the best car one could have hoped for out of a small car. Excellent road feel, easy to go around. To me, the new 3 is a better looking car than the 5 and the 7 series. A head turner no doubt.

The style is my favorite of all, other than that it got just right ground clearance high, short throw shift, run flat tire. MP3, speed sensitive steering, and 6 speed auto are all my favorites.

H pattern (6)shift sequencial transmission. Front cup holder's CG to high might cause spill in the car. Cup holder not deep enough. Front chain handle should attach to the chair rather than the floor mount. Softer stereo sound.

What a car...
By DR

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just got my new 325i with Sport Package. Wow, for years, I have driven VW's, Hondas...but this is totally different thing. I am glad I got it and it is definitely worth every dime. Outside is beautiful, compact, but just the way it's supposed to be. Inside is perfect, from the layouts to the available room, which is great for the class of this automobile. The car is super quiet, but roars nicely when stepped on it. Sport package is definitely worth the money. Leatherette looks and feels great. I could go on, and on...

Ride, sound, interior, exterior, equipment, space, comfor, brakes, safety features, price is fair, factory tint, little neat touches like door knob lights, vented storage, trip computer with a complete info, 4yr full maintenance...

For the type of vehicle, I believe automatic seats should be included, Xenon lights should be dealer option, not a factory option as it is hard to get them with the Sport package and 6- sp manual. Inside trim (wood, aluminum) should be dealer option, not a factory option.

2006 BMW 325i
By Wade

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In having new performance cars for years, this the best car I've had thus far. Absolutely no regrets in buying it! The 5 series is more car than I even wanted, a little big for me and pricier for things I wouldn't use anyway now, but I noticed that in 06 the new 325 has features built in that the 5 and 7 series have (some optional though) so when it comes to luxury and performance and good residual value, I think they're an excellent choice, plus they handle like nothing I've ever had before. I just picked one with the options I wanted vs paying extra for options I'd never use anyway in a car so for me it's perfect.

A few things are the performance and handling, along with the new refined body style for 2006. It's much more economical than my old SUV also and more fun to drive, yet quiet and reliable like a luxury car should be.

Nothing.

Happy 2006 325i owner
By newbmw

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car. The new exterior design is sharp and in my opinion looks better than the older model... and I liked the look of the older models. The new design is hot and sporty. The added power is a nice bonus. It's loaded with standard features. Things I didn't have the last time I bought a car... mp3 player and power moonroof/sunroof just to name 2. It's only been a week and I can't stop driving... nearing 800 miles. =( But I love it.