Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

As good as it gets
By Lee

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a 2nd BMW we have. We have a X3. I have this new 2006 325xi for about 1 month now. It has exceed my expectation in many ways. The combination of power and handling is just about perfect. I thought X3 was great until I brought the 325xi. The handling is so precise and fun to drive. I am very glad that I chose the 325xi instead of the Lexus 250 or Acura TL. I read many negative comments about run flat tire. So far, I did not have any problem or complain about them. They are doing just fine.

Favorite Features

support for MP3 player. The audio volume does auto adjustment to the road noise.

Suggested Improvements

The placement of cup holder for the driver side needs improvement.

One month review
By beebopjazz

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car. Was reluctant to get rid of 98 A4 (6 Cyl) but after a few weeks, no second thoughts. 325 is so easy to drive, handles great, shifts great, and I find myself driving on highway at much higher speeds than ever before. I regret no European delivery or going for upgraded stereo. Would love car just as much without seat power options.

Favorite Features

Handling, power, manual shift, rain sensing wipers, moving headlights, rear seat room, door lights! moving sideview mirrors in reverse, one touch windows -- all four, cupholders -no spills yet): RFT-OK so far - handle nicely and quiet.

Suggested Improvements

DISLIKES: No temp/oil displays. Stock stereo - cymbals sounds horrible, and missing warmth, some controls too complicated, big red thing under rear view mirror! Needs alarm. I miss the upgraded stereo in my old A4. Just because BMW provides 8 speakers, and 2 subwoofers, does not mean good sound.

I love this car
By RT

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about a month. It drives wonderfully. It is a very quiet ride. The handling is awesome.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, mp3 player plug in

Suggested Improvements

Only complaint is driver's cupholder position

Love my 2nd bimmer!
By joe fw

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I don't have enough time to drive this car! Once you own one of these babies you'd not want anything else (but a Masserrati.) Love the bluetooth, mp3 hook-up, integrated remote system a plus and the xenon lights a blast! The car feels more substantial and luxurious than previous model. Run-flat tires great update! Auto folding side mirrors works great too. I really like this updated model!!

Favorite Features

Xenon headlights, rain-sensor wipers, integrated remotes, bluetooth, mp3, run-flat tires, bmw-assist, great a/c system, overall nicer interior.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger glove compartment.

Amazing
By John

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and will not be the last. I love cars and I can honestly say I have never driven a car like this one before. I feel like I am always in control, even in the rain. I test drove all the cars in it's class and nothing comes close to it. Yes, it is a little more of an expense, but it really is worth every cent. I get so much satisfaction from this automobile that I never want to leave it. It really does live up to it's rep. Job well done!

Favorite Features

The rims and steering wheel. The sport package makes the car, it is the best option to get.

Suggested Improvements

HID's should be standard on all models and the information bells can get annoying if you don't like to wear your safety belt.