Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best car I ever owned
By Heather

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for almost a year. I traded in my 2001 325i model for this when the re-design first came out (I owned a 318is prior to the 325i). This is the best 3-series model I have owned and I have yet to get bored with it. I still feel the same thrill as I had the day I drove it home. The aux input for my iPod was a very nice feature and the engine purrs quietly. I love the acceleration on this car. Car does run only on premium gas so beware of that. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the audio system. Premium sound system was a better option, but I choose instead to buy a better system aftermarket.

Acceleration, looks, iPod and navigation system, moonroof. BMW's excellent warranty and 4-year free maintenance for new cars is unparalleled. Reliability of this brand is remarkable. I have yet to pay for anything other than service or oil changes in the 17 years I have owned a BMW.

Improve the audio sound system. Placement of cupholders is awkward and I have spilled coffee on my husband once at a speed bump. Not very fun for your passengers!

Great Drive!
By JACpa

2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and have owned for only 3 months, but what a great experience! What a change from Lexus. Performance is smooth and acceleration exhilarating. Shifting's a pleasure and smoother after the first 1K mi. Sport seats fit perfectly and adjust in all direction; sport suspension is taught but supple; this car sticks to the road with no lean in the turns and is very quiet. Have RFTs but no problems with noise or jarring rides. Sirius radio is too complex and sounds better at higher volume. A/C works quickly. Inside is suprisingly roomy even in back. Aluminum trim is great. Comfort access is handy - just leave the keys in your pack and save the pain.

Sport seats, comfort access, quiet ride and performance. Excellent on long drives; you really do not feel the speed and it's easy to hit 90+ mph, so be careful. Auto adjusts temp/radio settings based on keyfob is handy. One touch start button on/off.

Radio needs to be less complex and more powerful. Sirius reception is easily blocked by trees. Coin holders. Homelink should be standard. A bigger storage console - the cooling feature space is so small it may only hold a soda can. Bigger glove box to hold all of the BMW manuals.

Great Driving Car ; In the shop too much
By bluebeemer21

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my new BMW purchased just a 8 months ago. I can not believe all the problems I have had. Just recently sold it for Acura TL. Yes it was still under warranty but do you like spending your weekends in the repair shop or taking days off from work? I really liked the car but I just dont have time for all the problems: dead battery, battery replaced, air bag repaired three times, three different trips to the dealer, power steering fluid container broken, replaced unit, paint came off bmw emblem (perfect - shows the quality of the car!!), sun roof sun shield came off tracks had to be fixed at dealer, right side passenger window came off tracks dealer fixed.

Rear wheel drive.

This car is only good for a lease and still you spend a lot of time at the dealer. If you don't fix something exactly when it breaks, you end up with a huge bill in the end.

Back To A BMW!!
By MRG

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It has been almost 11 years since my last BMW and this one does not disappoint. It took only a short time on the test drive to know that my wait for a new 325 was at long last over. I now have a new 2006 325i in Monaco Blue with Beige Leather. The new 3.0l 6 is a vast improvement over the previous 185hp engine. More fun to drive than ever. I find myself looking for reasons to go to the store. The new body is awesome. The sport package is worth every penny. The sport seats take comfort over the stock seats to a new level. Fit and finish are good. Drive one then drive anythig else in it's class and see why they call them The Ultimate Driving Machine!!

Sport package. Cruise control (it's like your own little paddle shifter). Adaptive Xenons. Handling is rock solid. Build is rock solid. Quiet ride with great engine response. Just plain sharp!!

Cup holders, Do they even sell 6 ounce bottled Coke anymore? You would think that the engineers who make a car of this quality would make the owners manual fit in the glove box. Proof that book smarts don't get ya common sense!! Stock radio had better sound in my 1986 325i.

Good performer
By Marty

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for a little over one year now with 12k miles. My car is a 330i with the sport package and heated seats - only the essentials as the other options are too expensive for what they really are. The most noticable features are of course the handling and overall performance - hard to beat by the competition. The interior is very sparse and doesn't have the feel of luxury. Standard seats are vinyl: easy to maintain and durable but hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I'd rather have fabric standard seats like in Europe. Run flat tires are very harsh and expensive to replace with only one choice. The rear tires have been on backorder for weeks now - totally unacceptable.

Handling and fun to drive. Adaptive HID lights. Ergonomics are first class.

Run flat tires are mediocre at best and no replacement available - it just blows my mind. Fabric or real leather seats should be standard instead of plastic. Options are overpriced. The sound system is very average even with the Logic 7 upgrade. Rear defroster not strong enough when snowing.