Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Highly Recommended
By Ssd99

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's only been a week since I picked up my car and everytime i drive the more i like it. It's still not completely broken in so I'm not really pushing it to the limits yet. Waited three months to decide which car to get. Looking back now I can't believe I wasted so much time. This car is the one and only. If any of you are worried about getting problems with runflats, I suggest buying one from tirerack and when you get a flat just take to a regular tire place and change it there. Because most places don't stock runflats for this car.

Push button start. Handling. Car feels rock SOLID.

Runflats.

It's the little things
By Nice car, but.......

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second BMW. This car handles and looks great. Great A/C and radio. I am a little disappointed in some interior quality issues.

Illuminated door handles look great at night. The 6 speed auto is as smooth as silk.

Replace driver's interior door grip. It is made of plastic and has a rubberized paint which flakes off and scratches easily. Looks terrible on a new car with 500 miles on it. BMW should address this problem.The dealer just wants to repaint the grip because it is part the the larger door panel.

Overrated 325I
By Richard Lipp

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

By far the most overrated car I have ever owned. Interior is slightly above average. Craftmanship is fair to poor. Paint is poor. Tires (Bridgestone RFT's) are the worst ever. BMW NA is the least consumer oriented company I have ever dealt with. I would never buy another BMW again. There are many alternatives in the $35-50,000 range that are considerably better in many ways. Don't be sold on the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype. Good marketing program but no substance.

Exterior appearance. That's about it!

More detail should be put into interior craftsmanship. Interior material quality is poor. Exterior paint quality is poor. Radio is substandard for a car of this price. Performance is VERY overrated. My car is well maintained and garaged and it feels and looks older than a year.

Quality for Performance
By PK Gupta

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is in true sense a driver's car. It shows its perfection during turning, braking and aggressive maneuvering. I like auto-learning transmission, rain-sensing wipers and Harmon Kardon speaker system, among many of its features.

Auto-learning transmission

Run flat tires. Cup holders.

Perfect 10.. well almost
By MyCarRox

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Man my dad was mad when I bought this one but I was ecstatic as was everybody else who got the first ride in this beauty. I got nlack with black leather, navigation system, premium package, Satellite radio so this has a lot of bells and whistles. Well I am shallow. I have had this car for 13 months now and boy have I been happy. Just sitting in it makes me smile. Driving it gives me a rush like I am on top of the world.

1. Fun factor unlimited 2. Silent interiors 3. Great looks, a sure head turner 4. Adaptive Xenon headlights 5. I have had 5 average build ppl sit in without much discomfort. 6. Long drives do not feel long anymore. :)

1. Cup Holder. Now engineers what the hell were you thinking? The passenger's knees knock the drinks off all the time. I have to tell my passengers to watch their knees or hold their drinks. 2. Small glove box does not even fit the leather manuals pack that came with the car.