Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

best bmw yet
By alan cole

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my fifth BMW since 1994. I have had 2 540s and three 3 series. I have also owned Lexus, Acura, Volvo... multiples of each, and still own a Porsche This new 330 is the best yet. It literally does it all... performs great, drives smoothly, quietly and gets GREAT gas mileage - 27mpg all around and over 32 on the highway. Would recommend the larger engine 330, but both are fine.

Engine

Interior could use a little more pizzaz

Yes, it is the Ultimate Driving Machine!
By Leno

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The ride is very smooth and the car handles very well. I love the way the car just takes off! The lumbar seats are a must, which I should have gotten. Awkwardly situated cup holders, but overall - I love this car!!

My favorite feature is the way the car handles. I also like the keyless entry and the quiet ride.

Cup holders for driver and passenger need to be relocated.

Disappointed
By Connie

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the 3rd 3 series that I have owned and I must say that I am very disappointed. This car has no pick-up and you have to hit the gas to the floor, literally before it jumps forward but not without a 1 or 2 second delay. I do not drive it like my previous 330i, where I could change lanes while I was almost at a complete stop onto oncoming traffic. The first few times I did that with the 325i, it was scary because there was no pick up and I thought I was going to be rear-ended. As for reliabilty, one day, it just died on me... something to do with a cable. Now the bluetooth and SOS features have malfunctioned, the driver's seatbelt sticks all the time and once for almost 5 mins.

Looks great on the outside, smooth tight drive... once it gets going. I love the dual air controls and bluetooth feature (when it works).

The window controls are too far down the arm rest and the trunk switch is in a ridiculous location.

Best car I ever owned
By Heather

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for almost a year. I traded in my 2001 325i model for this when the re-design first came out (I owned a 318is prior to the 325i). This is the best 3-series model I have owned and I have yet to get bored with it. I still feel the same thrill as I had the day I drove it home. The aux input for my iPod was a very nice feature and the engine purrs quietly. I love the acceleration on this car. Car does run only on premium gas so beware of that. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the audio system. Premium sound system was a better option, but I choose instead to buy a better system aftermarket.

Acceleration, looks, iPod and navigation system, moonroof. BMW's excellent warranty and 4-year free maintenance for new cars is unparalleled. Reliability of this brand is remarkable. I have yet to pay for anything other than service or oil changes in the 17 years I have owned a BMW.

Improve the audio sound system. Placement of cupholders is awkward and I have spilled coffee on my husband once at a speed bump. Not very fun for your passengers!

Great Drive!
By JACpa

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My first BMW and have owned for only 3 months, but what a great experience! What a change from Lexus. Performance is smooth and acceleration exhilarating. Shifting's a pleasure and smoother after the first 1K mi. Sport seats fit perfectly and adjust in all direction; sport suspension is taught but supple; this car sticks to the road with no lean in the turns and is very quiet. Have RFTs but no problems with noise or jarring rides. Sirius radio is too complex and sounds better at higher volume. A/C works quickly. Inside is suprisingly roomy even in back. Aluminum trim is great. Comfort access is handy - just leave the keys in your pack and save the pain.

Sport seats, comfort access, quiet ride and performance. Excellent on long drives; you really do not feel the speed and it's easy to hit 90+ mph, so be careful. Auto adjusts temp/radio settings based on keyfob is handy. One touch start button on/off.

Radio needs to be less complex and more powerful. Sirius reception is easily blocked by trees. Coin holders. Homelink should be standard. A bigger storage console - the cooling feature space is so small it may only hold a soda can. Bigger glove box to hold all of the BMW manuals.

• SUV