Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Driving Car ; In the shop too much
By bluebeemer21

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my new BMW purchased just a 8 months ago. I can not believe all the problems I have had. Just recently sold it for Acura TL. Yes it was still under warranty but do you like spending your weekends in the repair shop or taking days off from work? I really liked the car but I just dont have time for all the problems: dead battery, battery replaced, air bag repaired three times, three different trips to the dealer, power steering fluid container broken, replaced unit, paint came off bmw emblem (perfect - shows the quality of the car!!), sun roof sun shield came off tracks had to be fixed at dealer, right side passenger window came off tracks dealer fixed.

Rear wheel drive.

This car is only good for a lease and still you spend a lot of time at the dealer. If you don't fix something exactly when it breaks, you end up with a huge bill in the end.

Back To A BMW!!
By MRG

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It has been almost 11 years since my last BMW and this one does not disappoint. It took only a short time on the test drive to know that my wait for a new 325 was at long last over. I now have a new 2006 325i in Monaco Blue with Beige Leather. The new 3.0l 6 is a vast improvement over the previous 185hp engine. More fun to drive than ever. I find myself looking for reasons to go to the store. The new body is awesome. The sport package is worth every penny. The sport seats take comfort over the stock seats to a new level. Fit and finish are good. Drive one then drive anythig else in it's class and see why they call them The Ultimate Driving Machine!!

Sport package. Cruise control (it's like your own little paddle shifter). Adaptive Xenons. Handling is rock solid. Build is rock solid. Quiet ride with great engine response. Just plain sharp!!

Cup holders, Do they even sell 6 ounce bottled Coke anymore? You would think that the engineers who make a car of this quality would make the owners manual fit in the glove box. Proof that book smarts don't get ya common sense!! Stock radio had better sound in my 1986 325i.

Good performer
By Marty

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had this car for a little over one year now with 12k miles. My car is a 330i with the sport package and heated seats - only the essentials as the other options are too expensive for what they really are. The most noticable features are of course the handling and overall performance - hard to beat by the competition. The interior is very sparse and doesn't have the feel of luxury. Standard seats are vinyl: easy to maintain and durable but hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I'd rather have fabric standard seats like in Europe. Run flat tires are very harsh and expensive to replace with only one choice. The rear tires have been on backorder for weeks now - totally unacceptable.

Handling and fun to drive. Adaptive HID lights. Ergonomics are first class.

Run flat tires are mediocre at best and no replacement available - it just blows my mind. Fabric or real leather seats should be standard instead of plastic. Options are overpriced. The sound system is very average even with the Logic 7 upgrade. Rear defroster not strong enough when snowing.

My First BMW
By FirstBMWEver

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got this car true European delivery program - had chance to drive this car from Munich thru Madrid. Never had such a blast. Excelent car in and out

Comfort, access.

Add POI (point of interest) to Navigation.

Not surprised!
By Alaloom

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd one, I own a 1987 325is which I love. I test drove Infinity, Acura and Lexus before I bought, definately the 215 horses in the 325i must be thoroughbreds. It just feels much more responsive than 215 HP would suggest. Driving experience is unbeatable. It feels like some invisible magnetic force actually keeps it glued to the road. And up to now I got 28.5 MPG combined city/hwy. I got the brushed aluminum trim and I love the way it looks. Gives a sporty yet distinguished look. Many seemed to dislike the cup holders, I actually love them, this is the first car that I experienced that placing a drink in the cupholder has 0 inteference with driving and/or ac/audio controls

European delivery, trip computer, I6 engine much better most V6. 50/50 split helps stability, brakes, rain sensors, pretty much the whole car. MPG meter much more useful than temp sensor (of course it alerts you if temp rises). I just have the base (10 speaker) audio system but it sounds great.

I love the way the car looks in all directions but the rear, which is a bit plain. The turn signal control was a bit hard to get used to, but I now wish my other cars had similar. I would not change that on the BMW, I would just try to persuade everyone else to copy it.