Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW = Been My Worst!
By amystical1

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish I had nothing but rave reviews on this car and that I have had an enjoyable experience owning the 325i, but unfortunately I don't. I purchased the 325i as a CPO with the extended warranty/maintenance and road hazard for the tires. I am so glad I did because it was heavily used. The service people know me by first name here in Houston and that is not good. I go there on schedule with some sort of issue every other month. I have lost time from work and weekend days having to take it to the dealership for service and I have spent my patience with the BMW brand above and beyond what I should have. I regret purchasing this car & now I have anxiety attacks driving it. I'm done w/it!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Fun To Drive But Very Poor Reliability - Automotive Engineer
By tomkat2kid2

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am an Automotive / Commercial Vehicle Engineer. I am also the original owner of a 2006 BMW 325i with 75K miles, and while I like the cars handling and styling, the quality and reliability of this vehicle has been extremely poor. I have owned many different brands of vehicles, and this vehicle by far has had the most problems under warranty. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty (which I had never done before) but it is due to expire in 5K miles. See below for a list of issues with this vehicle over a 4 year period. While the vehicle is fun to drive and has good styling, I would caution anyone considering this vehicle due to the risk of significant out of pocket repair costs.

Favorite Features

Handling, followed by styling.

Suggested Improvements

Here are a list of vehicle problems over the past 48 months: 1) Key Fob Electronic Module Failure (steering wheel with a line through it.. could not start vehicle). Replaced Module. 2) Transmission pan leaking transmission fluid. Replaced transmission pan. 3) Engine Valve cover gasket leaking. Replaced valve cover gasket. 4) SOS System Failure (SOS symbol with a line through it). Replaced module 5) Service Engine Light. Cooling thermostat failure. Replaced thermostat 6) Service Engine Light. Camshaft sensor failure. Replaced sensor 7) Service Engine Light. Emission solenoid failure. Replaced solenoid 8) Armrest peeling (replaced), shifter peeling (replaced)

Best car ive ever owned!!!
By 72coupe1

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

only had this car for a few days, but so far it is the best car i have ever owned. awesome combination of luxury, performance, and economy. everything about it has great build quality except for some of the interior-the paint on the plastic components wants to flake off very easily...i would expect more out of a German luxury sedan. other than that i would recommend this car above all else.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, handling, steptronic transmission, power, comfort

Suggested Improvements

better quality on interior plastic

Use but still great
By burley

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW used with 79,000 miles. I have a new Mercedes c class, a Lexus is 250. The Mercedes was a very good car. The Lexus had nice features but when you add in the frequent maintenance unrotatable tires and lack drive quality when if comes to the feel of the car. At 80,000 miles the BMW has a better quality feel than the Lexus. I can't knock the Mercedes, when you compare Mercedes and BMW its more a matter of taste, they are just different. In comfort and road handling Mercedes has a softer feel which some people like more. To me BMW is just more suited to a person who love to drive and the feel of the car and the road as one.

Favorite Features

over all driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

more horse power, eye glass storage

First BMW
By Hugh

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car after trading in runflats for AAA and can of flat fixer. Mixed driving get 25 mpg, at 72k miles still feels new, minimal problems after tires (ac needed work and peeling door handles replaced at 25 k) best mileage when averaging 80 mph. Need radar detector as I can't tell how fast I'm going due to smooth ride. Will definitely buy another BMW in 2016.

Favorite Features

acceleration after 25 mph, cruise control, bluetooth, smooth shifting, infrequent servicing

Suggested Improvements

Replace runflats with regular tires early,