2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Excellent, highly refined sports sedan.
By PK on 01/22/10 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This BMW is faster than most cars (got the 6 speed), excellent acceleration. I drove a 7 series before this, so the Sport Package and short wheelbase on the 3 ride pretty rough for my taste. The car feels like its glued to the road though. Stunning looks, very fun, Bluetooth is awesome,Sport seats too, Stock base stereo jams.

Good but with questions
By edmowl on 12/29/09 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Door handles had to be replaced. My 6- speed manual has a 4th gear that disengages between 60 and 75km/hr. No good for Prairie winters, even with new snow tires - xdrive might be better. Vehicle is generally too light for snowy climes and icy roads. Fun in the sun, though. Great handling. Good warranty and servicing support and dealerships offer very good customer service.

Fun Fun FUN!!!
By m3_guy on 08/07/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the fourth BMW I've had and I'm not disappointed at all. The performance is awesome, the MPG is amazing and its very comfortable. What sold me on the car was the bluetooth. Its so easy to use and so handy that its become my favorite feature of the car. I HIGHLY recommend this option. The only negative I can say about the car is the take off. For a smoother take off, it feels like it starts in 2nd gear making it feel a little "sluggish" when I'm at a full stop. None of my other BMWs had it and I'm not I sure I like it. Other than that BUY IT!! You will love it.

Even "base" sedan is awesome!
By Luis on 07/20/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Used 2006 325i 4-dr, only options are A/T and power seats. Even in "base" configuration, this is truly the nicest sport sedan around. I've had Saab, Audi, VW, Mazda - all good. But no one seems to have nailed that elusive ride- vs-handling balance like BMW. Not to mention "fun-to-drive", along with timeless styling inside and out. Sewing-machine-like drivetrain, thanks to silky I-6 engine. I was not considering an automatic until I drove it and felt how smoothly it shifted without sacrificing power. Even standard "leatherette" (German for vinyl) interior looks great. I've heard it's quite durable and outlasts leather. A solid near-luxury sedan value if you can find a clean, lo-mileage sample.

Great car!
By Cursed E90 on 05/17/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I ordered this car back in November of 2005 after seeing one cruise by me on the highway. Received delivery on Dec 14th, 2005 with less than 8 miles on the car. Driving this car is such a pleasure in every way. 42 months, and 52,000 miles later and the car still feels almost as tight as the day I picked it up from the dealer. No squeaks, no rattles, nothing loose, nothing has stopped working. Nothing has discolored. Just an extremely well built car. Even the headlights are still crystal clear, unlike Mercedes headlights after a year or two. My only regret was ordering the beige interior instead of something darker since even the floor carpets are beige.

Best in this class
By illa on 04/29/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Last December it was a time to return my 2006 Impreza from a lease, so I spent good month in advance to shop around for new car. Right now any new one good loaded mid size sedan will go easy up to 30k, and if it's German then you are looking around 40k. So I decided to buy 2006 certified car, had to drive 2006 C-class, A4, Jetta, etc. They all good but not impressed until I stop by at local Bimmer dealer and took 325i with premium pack for test drive. Guys I couldn't believe that car could be made so well balanced suspension/power/comfort. I just felt in love with it plus 0.9% financing for 5 years, two first payments made by BMW, and great price to clean the inventory by the end of the year.

Excellent overall
By Henry T on 04/13/09 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Good power from the V6, smooth flexible engine, fun shifting 6-sp manual, firm and controlled ride, great steering feel and handling, beautiful inside and out, efficient interior space for its exterior dimensions, quality interior materials, comfortable (especially the sports package seats), vastly improved handling with aftermarket lightweight 18" wheels with real non-runflat tires. Decent MPG for car's size and engine (23mpg overall in 50/50 city/highway spirited driving in Chicago).

Fun to drive... to the service center
By CL on 11/25/08 00:04 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed driving this car, but I have had many issues with reliability on what would be considered to be "small" items. All 4 window motors have been replaced. The electronics on the front right side all stopped working. Squeaky dashboard. The front grille flew off when I was doing 65 MPH. I have had the car for 2.5 years and it's been in the shop 11 times... which is about 10 times more than the 1994 model that I drove for years. I also got caught in the run flat tire fiasco. Trust me, if you push the dealer hard enough then BMW USA will replace them @ no charge. In my case, they had records where I had been complaining about the quality of the ride since the 2nd day I owned the car.

2nd BMW misses a little
By Airborne87 on 10/28/08 14:02 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Very beautiful looking both inside and out. Excellent body lines and performance under the hood. This car has the horses when needed and handles extremely well. This is a feel good car.

2006 325i
By dmitry on 09/01/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 2006, new body, 325i about 3 month ago, love the way it looks, although rims could have been bigger than 16 inches. Interior is not so impressive, handles awesome and highway passing power is great, but, lacks off line power. Fuel economy so far averages at 24 mpg while using 89 octane every other 2 full tanks using 87 octane. Furthermore, as of 3 months, a tire pressure sensor, air bag sensor, driver seat belt, radio and shift knob has been replaced, boy am I glad for warranty and maintenance plan. Although I would not want another vehicle, I think BMW could have done better.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.