2006 BMW 3 Series 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - 3 years Later

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

330xi Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual)

3 years Later
By jray on

2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the second BMW I have owned, the first one is a 1986 325es 'still driven' with 295,000 miles on it. Unlike my 1986 this car does all of the driving for me and initially it was a shift to go from a pure rear wheel drive to an AWD car. I take the corners sooner rather than later in the new car. The only problem I had with the car was the bluetooth pairing and it was fixed by the dealer. I have been the owner of this car for two years. Even though there are a few things I would change about the car, this car is amazing and I would buy another in a heartbeat...only after 300,000 miles of course.

Favorite Features

Here are the things that I love about this car: style, handling, the sport seats are amazing, the gas mileage, the reliability, the dimming mirrors, the stereo sounds fantastic, hill descent, the AWD. Did I say the sport seats?! Not sure about the xenons in low beam mode - the line drives me crazy.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure why BMW moved the window controls to the door, but I hate it. The peddles are a little too far from the floor for a chica, the reach for the windows is too far, the side mirrors are too small. Big blind spots in this car. Runflats gotta go. More pep in 1st. Needs a lower trunk profile.