Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Solid
By jcmg

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I have been very happy with my 06 325i. I get great gas mileage, it handles beautifully, although a little sportier than I am used to. The engineering I believe is unmatched by any vehicle. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a deer and was shocked at the cars response, it stopped on a dime and didnt fishtail at all. I was amazed. I think they could spruce up the interior just a bit more, but I guess if you want total luxury (for the interior) you would need to move to the Lexus.

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth, iDrive, Nav system, lights under door handles. Outstanding performance.

Suggested Improvements

Move the door luck/unlock button, do something about the driver's seat. It is the most uncomfortable seat I have ever sat in, have tried to get it taken care of but still causing great leg pain.

Good deal
By Michael

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car in 2006 was overall the best value I could get. I test drove Lexus IS 250 and Acura TL which both have nicer interior layout. However, to get comparably equipped vehicle (leather, power seats, automatic, xenon lights) I would end up paying $2K - $3K more for them. Besides, BMW has smarter transmission and higher torque at lower RPMs that well compensates for lower horsepower, and a better feeling drive line. So, in all, it is a fun to drive car, performing somewhat better than competition and at a better price, plus the maintenance is included. I have never regretted getting it! P.S. Its OEM tires were awful, and I needed to replace them at 18K miles.

Favorite Features

Higher torque at low RPM, BMW assist button, directional xenon lights, stability.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better interior design. Not enough storage compartments inside. Steering is just a bit too tough for my taste.

First BMW
By Hugh

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car after trading in runflats for AAA and can of flat fixer. Mixed driving get 25 mpg, at 72k miles still feels new, minimal problems after tires (ac needed work and peeling door handles replaced at 25 k) best mileage when averaging 80 mph. Need radar detector as I can't tell how fast I'm going due to smooth ride. Will definitely buy another BMW in 2016.

Favorite Features

acceleration after 25 mph, cruise control, bluetooth, smooth shifting, infrequent servicing

Suggested Improvements

Replace runflats with regular tires early,

Love My Beamer
By mrlpn84

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my black 2006 325i sport package blonde leather seats and lovvvve it. I came from a 06 Sonata and theres no looking back. I test drove the 07 clk 550 and almost got it until i spotted the Beamer and took a test drive, what a difference this thing handles like a dream and german built like a bank vault. It turns sooo many heads and the sound system is crazy. I only wished i had the 330 for the 255hp engine but whatever. Im hooked on BMW and will always own one.

Favorite Features

Ext style passing power exhaust sound ride handling sound system sport pkge seating position Its A BMW german built mpg

Suggested Improvements

More base power In dash changer std more backseat room narrow door opening

Buy beware (BMW's are lemons)
By garyatvartac

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW is a maintenance night mare. I absolutely hate my car b/c it is as reliable as the wind. The craftsman ship of the 3 series is poor at best. My car started to pour not leak oil at around 59,000 miles. The entire cooling system failed at 90,000 miles. The car is a big money pit. The electric water pump on the car costs around 600 dollars and the thermostat is 150 at a discounted auto parts store. I paid 1200 at a indy shop to get the starter replaced. BMW is nothing but an over priced piece of junk.

Favorite Features

The car looks nice but that is where the buck stops.

Suggested Improvements

The car suffers from major reliability issues. The car is very cheaply made for the huge price tag. BMW's are not every day driver vehicles.