Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Too Much Fun
By Nancy Lawson

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330ci in November 2006. It drives like a dream and because I am a rather short individual, the seats fit better and are more comfortable than any other vehicle I have ever owned. BMW must have listened because my car does not have run flat tires and I have a very quiet ride. I didn't think I would enjoy the convertible as much as I have. It is so easy to use that I take the top down every opportunity I get. I also have the interface for wireless blue tooth that provides total hands free driving. I am so spoiled, I will never have another car without it. Likewise, the heated seats are such a pleasure! Yes, I love my car.

Favorite Features

Convertible. Wireless Blue Tooth. Heated seat. Smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk.

Ditch run flats, then a great car
By BMW love, hate

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I dreamed of owning a BMW for years. I finally bought a used one with 11,000 miles on it last year. What a disappointment. The road noise was horrible and the ride rough. I actually tried to take it back but couldn't. About 3 months ago, my wife got a flat tire and I decided to replace all four tire with regular tires. What a difference. We both love the car now. Ride is quiet and smooth. Totally different car. I bought a new rim and had one of the old run flats put on it and keep it in the trunk as a spare. I also bought a compact jack. Sure it takes up a lot of room and adds weight, but that's a small price to pay for totally changing this car from one I hate to one I love!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Spotlights are so precise, the kids can have them on and not bother the driver at all.

Suggested Improvements

No more run flats.

Love this car
By JimB

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car fits like a glove - the minute I sit in it, my whole body relaxes. Quick, handles very well, the only problem is that it is so much fun to drive, I tend to drive it really fast. The styling is classic, timeless. I have the iPod interface and the Harmon Kardon stereo, and the sound is really good. The only complaint, and I knew this going in, was that the back seat is tight.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, comfort, and style.

Suggested Improvements

Leave a few more inches of legroom in the back seat.

Very Pleased
By Jim

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So far so good. Just bought car in August. Very happy so far. Many features I never had before, all work great. Always bought GM cars. This car is much better. Fun car to drive. Rides great, solid. Much better paint finish. Nice looking. Feel special in it. Inside, rich expensive look. Enjoy just taking it for a ride with the top down, and radio playing. Looks speak for itself. Eye catching. Pleasant and quiet ride. Plenty of power, and holds the road very well. Brakes work great, you don't lean foward when stopping. Car stays level.

Favorite Features

Pulse wipers work on rain hiting windshield, if you want. 9 speaker system. Radio volume works on noise level, and speed if you want by itself. Temperture heat control, just set temp. and that's it, At night, lights fill the road with plenty of light. All windows go down or up at one time.

Suggested Improvements

All doors should lock when you put car in drive, and stay locked till you shut car off, and put in park. Have to push button on and off it you want to be safe inside of car. High test gas only. Should take regular. I tried it, car pings.

Performance machine, not speed machine
By Mikeebear

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car performs wonderfully. Tight precise steering and cutting corners at least is to be expected. The automatic transmission makes it pretty slow. It is probably quick enough for most average drivers and daily commutes, but if you're looking for a thrill, this car is not thrilling. Inside, it is spacious and pretty. The sound system could use a big upgrade, but it's OK. If you put the top up/down while people are in the back, it hits them in the head. Gas mileage is very poor for this type of car. The sport mode is good. There's a big aftermarket for performance parts. I would recommend this car if you're an average driver looking for a little fun when you want, but not for thril-seekers.

Favorite Features

The tight, precise handling and steering, excellent performance. Great sunday cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Make it faster. Give it more curves. Remove the ugly bar that bumps out of the back of the top. Better sound system. Make the doors easier to open w/out smacking car next to you. BETTER GAS MILEAGE, PLEASE. Auxiliary jack anyone?