2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun To Drive But Very Poor Reliability - Automotive Engineer
By tomkat2kid2 on 01/19/11 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I am an Automotive / Commercial Vehicle Engineer. I am also the original owner of a 2006 BMW 325i with 75K miles, and while I like the cars handling and styling, the quality and reliability of this vehicle has been extremely poor. I have owned many different brands of vehicles, and this vehicle by far has had the most problems under warranty. Luckily I purchased an extended warranty (which I had never done before) but it is due to expire in 5K miles. See below for a list of issues with this vehicle over a 4 year period. While the vehicle is fun to drive and has good styling, I would caution anyone considering this vehicle due to the risk of significant out of pocket repair costs.

Best car ive ever owned!!!
By 72coupe1 on 12/21/10 19:55 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

only had this car for a few days, but so far it is the best car i have ever owned. awesome combination of luxury, performance, and economy. everything about it has great build quality except for some of the interior-the paint on the plastic components wants to flake off very easily...i would expect more out of a German luxury sedan. other than that i would recommend this car above all else.

Use but still great
By burley on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase my BMW used with 79,000 miles. I have a new Mercedes c class, a Lexus is 250. The Mercedes was a very good car. The Lexus had nice features but when you add in the frequent maintenance unrotatable tires and lack drive quality when if comes to the feel of the car. At 80,000 miles the BMW has a better quality feel than the Lexus. I can't knock the Mercedes, when you compare Mercedes and BMW its more a matter of taste, they are just different. In comfort and road handling Mercedes has a softer feel which some people like more. To me BMW is just more suited to a person who love to drive and the feel of the car and the road as one.

First BMW
By Hugh on 07/10/10 06:21 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love this car after trading in runflats for AAA and can of flat fixer. Mixed driving get 25 mpg, at 72k miles still feels new, minimal problems after tires (ac needed work and peeling door handles replaced at 25 k) best mileage when averaging 80 mph. Need radar detector as I can't tell how fast I'm going due to smooth ride. Will definitely buy another BMW in 2016.

Worst car ever
By scott on 06/24/10 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased car new. I had nothing but problems. Engine needed all new lifters. Dealership fixed it, but then the engine started making other noises. Care was in shop for 24+ days. Dealer bought back car and had given a deal on a new 2007. That one lasted about 10,000 miles before I traded it in. It has front end issues and kept destroying the tires.

Horrible Tires
By Silvers Mom on 06/20/10 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I fell in love with my new car and the drive was great for the first two years or so. Since then, I've fallen out of love with my car for a number of reasons, all given by other drivers. My car seems to have to same issues that I've read under the 5 series' reviews on Edmunds and I recently had to have fuel injector work that would have cost about $1,300 but they covered it under warranty even though I was out of warranty. Car still idles roughly. My tires are toast and have been for a while. I only have 25,000 miles on my car! Saw someone else mention run-flats are $1200! So - I am already facing $$$$$ on a car that has low mileage and isn't that old.

Glad I bought it
By James on 06/06/10 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 325i as credit union repo. We got it well under what dealers where asking for the same car. It's a blast to drive and fuel economy is good. The drawbacks are the run flat tires they are very noisy and ride rough. I put new tires on it (non run flat) and made a world of difference in handling and ride noise. yes the cup holders are a bit quirky. Overall a great purchase.

So far, so good
By FirstTimeBMWOwner on 04/15/10 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a CPO 325i (my first "luxury car") with sport and premium packages and about 36K miles in December 2009, as it was coming off of lease and still under factory warranty/maintenance. So far, so good, although I have had several incidents with the rear passenger window staying down until the engine is turned off and re-started - I took it into the dealership and it worked perfectly so there was no way they could diagnose the problem. Anyway, the 325i sport handles very well, and has a very solid "feel." However, when I replace these tires, I will use standard rather than run flat tires as I am convinced the ride will be much smoother, even with the sport suspension.

Fun Car!
By TRUTH on 02/17/10 08:17 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Ok I get to drive and own a lot of cars but must say the 325i is fun! Cant believe it but I avg 24 mpg, yes, this is in Fl, it has a gauge and pretty much don’t go under 22 nor over 24 around town and hwy, I know if this was the sport ed or a 330i it would have been a 10 down the line but it's not and will give an overall rating of 9

Excellent, highly refined sports sedan.
By PK on 01/22/10 18:20 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This BMW is faster than most cars (got the 6 speed), excellent acceleration. I drove a 7 series before this, so the Sport Package and short wheelbase on the 3 ride pretty rough for my taste. The car feels like its glued to the road though. Stunning looks, very fun, Bluetooth is awesome,Sport seats too, Stock base stereo jams.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.