Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to drive - horrible electric problem
By Carrie

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had to have the entire electrical system replaced twice now in 9 months. Because of the electrical system meltdown I lost the ability to use lights, windshield wipers and turn signals among other things. Average time to replace is 1 week. As a result, I have major concerns about the reliability of this car. Drives great, but I'm not sure it is worth the constant headache.

Love the drive - accelerates well and roomy enough for four passengers.

Fix the electrical system! Dealerships do not know how to fix these cars yet. Flat run tires are noisy. Cup holders are a joke.

One month review
By beebopjazz

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love the car. Was reluctant to get rid of 98 A4 (6 Cyl) but after a few weeks, no second thoughts. 325 is so easy to drive, handles great, shifts great, and I find myself driving on highway at much higher speeds than ever before. I regret no European delivery or going for upgraded stereo. Would love car just as much without seat power options.

Handling, power, manual shift, rain sensing wipers, moving headlights, rear seat room, door lights! moving sideview mirrors in reverse, one touch windows -- all four, cupholders -no spills yet): RFT-OK so far - handle nicely and quiet.

DISLIKES: No temp/oil displays. Stock stereo - cymbals sounds horrible, and missing warmth, some controls too complicated, big red thing under rear view mirror! Needs alarm. I miss the upgraded stereo in my old A4. Just because BMW provides 8 speakers, and 2 subwoofers, does not mean good sound.

I love this car
By RT

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about a month. It drives wonderfully. It is a very quiet ride. The handling is awesome.

Sun roof, mp3 player plug in

Only complaint is driver's cupholder position

Love my 2nd bimmer!
By joe fw

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I don't have enough time to drive this car! Once you own one of these babies you'd not want anything else (but a Masserrati.) Love the bluetooth, mp3 hook-up, integrated remote system a plus and the xenon lights a blast! The car feels more substantial and luxurious than previous model. Run-flat tires great update! Auto folding side mirrors works great too. I really like this updated model!!

Xenon headlights, rain-sensor wipers, integrated remotes, bluetooth, mp3, run-flat tires, bmw-assist, great a/c system, overall nicer interior.

Bigger glove compartment.

Amazing
By John

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my first BMW and will not be the last. I love cars and I can honestly say I have never driven a car like this one before. I feel like I am always in control, even in the rain. I test drove all the cars in it's class and nothing comes close to it. Yes, it is a little more of an expense, but it really is worth every cent. I get so much satisfaction from this automobile that I never want to leave it. It really does live up to it's rep. Job well done!

The rims and steering wheel. The sport package makes the car, it is the best option to get.

HID's should be standard on all models and the information bells can get annoying if you don't like to wear your safety belt.