Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

325xi 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

My favorite car
By 1986pacecar

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a certified car nut having owned probably 25 cars over the past 30 years and this is my favorite car hands down. I've owned faster cars and more luxurious cars but none as enjoyable to drive as my 325xi. My other car is a 99 Corvette and I can tell you I would feel much more confidant driving my BMW at 150 any day of the week. The Vette feels like a rattle trap compared to the BMW and the silky smoothness of the engine and drivetrain is amazing. My car's got 47,000 miles on it but is tighter and smoother than the brand new 2008 Chevy Malibu it replaced.

Favorite Features

Amazing build quality. Nearly 47,000 miles and no rattles or squeaks.

Suggested Improvements

Free maintenance program on the face of it sounds good, but once per year oil change isn't sufficient. If they offered 6 month or 6,000 mile oil change intervals I'd have no complaints.

Spectacular BMW 3 Series
By NL

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car for people that enjoy driving. I have had the car for over 2 years - it still exceeds my expectations. By far the best car I have owned. Great handling, brakes and power. The engine revs like a turbine, it is silky smooth all the way to the limit, torque is constant. Keeping the rpm above 3500 will delight the most performance minded driver (manual transmission recommended). And since this was designed for sportiness, it will do this all day long. The car seems to glide over the road, over rough surfaces and in turns. Inside the car is amazingly quiet and extremely comfortable (possibly a little low for some to climb out of). It is the right size for just about everything

Favorite Features

Stability in all conditions - perfect combination of suspension, all wheel drive, unobtrusive electronic intervention (aka DSC traction control) and braking. Xenon headlights swivel with the steering. Reliability. Quality. European delivery.

Suggested Improvements

Bridgestone tires became very noisy after 15000 miles. I have been satisfied with Continental replacements. Displays are not compatible with polarized sunglasses. Sun roof no longer closes perfectly - too much wind noise with shade open.

Outstanding: BMW 325xi Wagon
By jdelbosco

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We highly recommend the European delivery program. Nothing like breaking a quality car in on quality roads!

Favorite Features

What can we say? It's a BMW hiding in a wagon (albeit a sleek beauty of a wagon).

Suggested Improvements

BMW only offers Sirius satellite radio. We would have preferred XM.

Still great - except run flats?
By Robola2

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After nearly 10K miles I stll have a very positive assessment of this car with the exception of the run flat tires. I had to wait nine days for a replacement of a 17" Bridgestone that was ruined by running over a bolt. I have learned that frquently monitoring correct air pressure is critical and any operation of the vehicle at incorrect pressures will distort the tires and make them permanently very noisy. This seriously detracts from the overall driving experience.

Favorite Features

Sports package, xenon adaptive headlights, configurable cargo area. Handling, build quality, overall driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

I have doubts about the practicality of run flat tires. Good in theory, but in practice the technology is problematic.

325xi a must in the snow belt!
By Deano

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my new 325xi. It is amazing in the snow and a true sports car to drive on dry pavement. Interior room is superb for a car of this size and the features are like that of a James Bond car! I truly believe it handles better than my old Corvette! If you are looking for a luxury sports sedan and you are in the snow belt, you will love this automobile!

Favorite Features

Blue Tooth Phone Capability. IPod Port. Adaptive Xenon Headlites that turn the corners before you do! All wheel drive in the snow is better than our 4x4 SUV!!

Suggested Improvements

Better iPod port - One that charges the iPod also.