2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

325xi 3.0L 6-cyl. AWD 6-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
My favorite car
By 1986pacecar on 02/18/10 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm a certified car nut having owned probably 25 cars over the past 30 years and this is my favorite car hands down. I've owned faster cars and more luxurious cars but none as enjoyable to drive as my 325xi. My other car is a 99 Corvette and I can tell you I would feel much more confidant driving my BMW at 150 any day of the week. The Vette feels like a rattle trap compared to the BMW and the silky smoothness of the engine and drivetrain is amazing. My car's got 47,000 miles on it but is tighter and smoother than the brand new 2008 Chevy Malibu it replaced.

Spectacular BMW 3 Series
By NL on 08/27/08 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a car for people that enjoy driving. I have had the car for over 2 years - it still exceeds my expectations. By far the best car I have owned. Great handling, brakes and power. The engine revs like a turbine, it is silky smooth all the way to the limit, torque is constant. Keeping the rpm above 3500 will delight the most performance minded driver (manual transmission recommended). And since this was designed for sportiness, it will do this all day long. The car seems to glide over the road, over rough surfaces and in turns. Inside the car is amazingly quiet and extremely comfortable (possibly a little low for some to climb out of). It is the right size for just about everything

Outstanding: BMW 325xi Wagon
By jdelbosco on 12/03/06 21:42 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We highly recommend the European delivery program. Nothing like breaking a quality car in on quality roads!

Still great - except run flats?
By Robola2 on 10/05/06 10:25 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After nearly 10K miles I stll have a very positive assessment of this car with the exception of the run flat tires. I had to wait nine days for a replacement of a 17" Bridgestone that was ruined by running over a bolt. I have learned that frquently monitoring correct air pressure is critical and any operation of the vehicle at incorrect pressures will distort the tires and make them permanently very noisy. This seriously detracts from the overall driving experience.

325xi a must in the snow belt!
By Deano on 03/24/06 05:48 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my new 325xi. It is amazing in the snow and a true sports car to drive on dry pavement. Interior room is superb for a car of this size and the features are like that of a James Bond car! I truly believe it handles better than my old Corvette! If you are looking for a luxury sports sedan and you are in the snow belt, you will love this automobile!

Superb Sport Wagon
By Derek Simpkins on 03/15/06 16:04 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The new 325 XiT is a superbly designed wagon that is a joy to drive. Coming from a 330i sedan, I was somewhat skeptical that the 325 engine would have enough power, but it is more than adequate unless you are seeking a dragster. The versatility of the wagon, the X-drive, the exterior design and amazing features like the panorama sunroof all combine to make this machine the ultimate wagon. With perfect 50:50 F/R weight distribution and X-drive, this car has amazing cornering capabilities and the same wonderful steering found all of the 3 series.

325xi wagon
By robola on 02/25/06 12:23 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car comes as close as I could imagine to an ideal all around car. It is entertaining to drive, exceedingly competent in all weather conditions and has attention to detail and build quality that are both beyond reproach and a source of joy everytime I drive the car. The wagon version gives a lot of flexibility to configure the space behind the driver and front passenger to accomodate a variety of gear and from my perspective the rear hatch is actually more attractive than the trunk on the sedans.

Great Automobile
By Chris Marti on 02/12/06 20:58 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This was my first choice purchase and after looking at many, many competitors I know I was right to buy this great, great automobile. It's the perfect combination of luxury, style and performance. The iDrive is a good option, despite what many reviewers say about it, and make sure to get the Sirius satellite radio option. The traction and handling available from the all wheel x- drive option is perfect for Illinois winters.

enjoying it
By Wadd on 12/28/05 14:58 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So far so good - nice ride quality, great fit and finish, good power in midrange, and responsiveness of controls (steering, brakes, shift lever)is spot on. Mileage so far is quite good (about 30 on HWY), and car still only has 2300 miles on it, so it will only improve. Interior is a truly pleasant place to be. Dealership experience has been very good so far - they have been courteous, informative etc. No complaints there. I'm surprised the guy below has had such problems with his wagon over the last 5 months. Especially considering that to my knowledge, the '06 wagon only hit the showroom floor in November...

A driver's wagon
By M.Cooper on 12/05/05 17:51 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Wagon 325xi 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This has to be the best 3 series by far, and the best looking wagon out there. Handling, performance and fit and finish are first rate. The options are pricey but fun, especially the panorama sunroof (not available on the sedan due to its size). Sport package is worth it for the wheels and seats. Logic 7 sound system is remarkable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.