Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love the car, but a little bit paranoid
By arpy1

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a huge fan of BMW, and I was so excited to be able to buy my first one. I bought my 06' 325XI in Sept of 11 with just under the 100K mark (98K). It is now Nov of 12, so, I have owned it for a little over a year. I now have 120K on the car and it is still going strong. In the year I have owned it I have had to change the oil, spark plugs, a headlight, and one pack of ignition coils. It truely is like a dream come true, but I always have a sense of doom in the back of my mind after reading a lot of these reviews.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love the bluetooth and the extras. Living in Colorado, AWD/4WD is almost a must, especially if you are a skiier/snowboarder. The AWD system is amazing. Stomps my old 02 Jeep Grand Cheerokee's full time 4WD all over the place.

Suggested Improvements

Probably the cup holders. I dont understand them.

great handling, suspention, poor qulity and reliability
By pux

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

got used '06 325xi 6sp in '10 with 62k. Its fast, handles great, holds road great, design is superb. May be a short on space for families, and bigger people. Very pricy to maintain especially if you don't know much about cars or prefer dealership service but the car is intended for richer audience hence the costs. But its very poorly built(German assembly), front handles began sticking and you can't close the door after you already got in, so you have to reach out to push the handle!! every time!on a Bimmer, come on!sticky buttons inside!i mean you have to push with all your power! within 1st year 3 check engines.2 times parts sending electric impulse to sparkplgs, anothr VANOS problem.

Favorite Features

design, good fuel economy for a 6 cyl car. Cons.: , assembly quality, reliability of some parts, pricey service.

Suggested Improvements

automanual tranny could think quicker. though its a luxury car all service is the same as for not premium segment cars, so don't overpay just because it's a bimmer. it takes more oil, but replaceing it is not more labor or time consuming than doing it in civic or corolla, the same about brake pads or battery. diy will save lots of money for you. But better yet buy a japan alternative, same room, about the same performance less headache. no need to overpay like 8-10k for leather and look. or buy new:)

After I get rid of my 2nd BMW I will be FREE
By andew_steel

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 325 for my daughter and unfortunately I made the same mistake by buying a second one for my other daughter. They are fun to drive and stay on the road very well. But German engineering is just a myth. EVERYTHING breaks after the original factory warranty runs out. The money I spent in repairs I could have bought a new Honda. And that is what I have done. Traded the first one in for a New Acura. My daughter loves her new Acura and very soon I will get rid of the 2nd one. And I will be DONE!

Favorite Features

Ride very good on the highway. But the price for this is asinine.

Suggested Improvements

Win back he American Consumer through quality.

Stays in the shop
By gksouth

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always heard about how great a BMW car is. I bought mine about 3 years ago, and have had nothing but repair issues since. First it was a steerind lock sensor prioblem. Next was a brake sensor problem on the front and back. Dealer says brakes are fine. within the last 2 months, I have had both rear window regulators go out. Now I HAVE PAINT PEELING. I would caution anyone about buying a BMW. You had better set aside plenty for repairs

Favorite Features

Handles well

Suggested Improvements

Pay more attention to making the car more reliable, and not just look good.

Love to drive, pain to own
By vadim_

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best handling and most fun to drive car Iíve owned. It's glued to the road. Great cornering, steering, the best brakes, feels very safe. Good acceleration. On other hand: run-flat tires became very noisy at 15K mi, and had to be replaced at 22K mi. No room for spare if you want to buy one. Iíve been to dealership at least 12 times in 5 years. Solenoid valves needed to be replaced 4 times in 2 years. Passenger seat airbag sensor replaced, ignition lock replaced & more. Cosmetic issues too such as paint peeling on the roof after 1 year, inside door handles needed to be replaced, improperly installed panels after service appointments that need to be reinstalled & more.

Favorite Features

handling, acceleration, brakes, looks.

Suggested Improvements

fix the electric bugs, get solenoid valves that don't go bad below 15F. Ged rid of runflats and put back spare tire. BMW service at two different dealerships in Lake County IL is not so great. Takes 2 days to change oil sometimes, and if you want a loaner Ė itís a 2 weeks wait list. As much as I love driving the car I will stay away from the BMW in the near future.