Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 330i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Looks great, performes well, but ???
By Rich C

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When it come to repairs, tires, and maintenance, it will cost you a bundle. However, if you want a ride that looks great at 10 years old, gets unexpectedly good mileage on the highway, drive well in the curves, and is nicely appointed, you'll like it. You need to have confidence in your dealer and repair shop because you will see them way too often. Also, the run-flat tires are noisy, wear out quickly, and are rough riding. It's too much of a price to pay for not having a spare tire. If you fancy yourself a BMW driver, you'll love this car. If it's for tooling around town, get something else. It is a highway (autobahn) car!

Very Solid Great Driving Car!
By Joel Thomas

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Had it 3 1/2 years. 72k when i bought it, 107k now. One owner trade in at the same dealer it was bought new from. I had an issue with the steering column security lock(common) if your handy you can get in there and do some lubing n probably solve the problem. It happened within the first 30 days of ownership, so the dealer replaced it free of charge. gave me a 2013 328i loaner. I was a little disappointed in the new 328i at first, with the new body style, but it eventually grew on me. but my sports seats vs the standard seats, was a huge difference. Mine is also a 6sp manual, that with the sport seats really make a difference. The N52 engine also has a lifter issue(ticking in the top of the engine) doesn't really hurt anything n the only reason I had them replaced was b/c my extended warranty paid for it, otherwise I probably would have left it alone. the lifters will tick on the rare occasion , but a quick trip with the revs up a bit to pump up the lifters n its quiet as can be. Some people are just not really car people and sometimes are the blame for all the repair bills. I pretty much keep up the maintenance, mostly just keeping the fluids nice an clean. Mine still has the original spark plugs. I will change them soon n probably replace all the coil packs while I'm there. People complaining about coil packs, you can buy a whole set for like 175$ n they are easy to install. Water pumps can be a little pricey, but if you buy the parts online(same as dealer) you can save hundreds of dollars. I still have the original water pump n I've seen them go to well over 150k for some people. It's only a one time repair so it's not that big of a deal. If you take care of the car n don't beat it up, it will give you many years of great service n be a pleasure to drive. Many of these on the road now with well over 200k. Just don't go to the dealer every time you hear a little squeak b/c they will find something wrong guaranteed! If you suspect something, google it or ask some honest mechanics, most of the time it will be something minor or nothing at all. Also has some great bun warmers!! n yes the window switch is a little too far forward for some, but not a real issue for me. It's nice just touching the door handle and it unlocks n no need to insert the key, as long as its in the car somewhere, it will start. (convenience access option). N most of the cooling system parts other than the water pump are actually very reasonably priced. Check around b4 you buy anything from the dealer. I got my battery from walmart (made by the same people n looked identical except for the color. $119 at walmart n $300+ at the dealer. but always check b/c the dealer will surprise u sometimes. Great drivers car( not a drag car), but has a nice smooth engine that seems to pull forever and it's at home doing 100mph on the freeway on cruising a nice curvy back road. I luv it as much now as when i bought it. I can drive my dads honda accord(very good car), and when I get back in the 06 bmw 330i, I really appreciate the bmw. drive it responsibly and keep your fluids up and it will give you many years of service. Don't forget that automatic trans, find you someone that is competent and let them do a fluid n filter change, then maybe a drain n refill sometime soon after that and it will serve u well. Great Car!

2006 Break My Wallet 330i Sedan
By tggary

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 BMW 330i Sedan auto is a lot of fun to drive when it is operating without problems, Repeated ignition coil breakdowns, bad bushings, oil gasket leaks, run flat issues - all in 47K mileage range - I long for the '04 Jaguar X Type 3.0 which was totaled by another driver - it never broke down and was great on ice and snow too with the stock All Season tires.
I do love the 330i, Black / Black Leather Premium Package and very quick, but it is just sad how the so called superior Bavarian
Engineering is a joke. Then again, our 2002 Benz has been perfect to 87K, just tires, oil and brakes. Next time, I go Acura, Lexus, if Germanic - Audi or another Benz. BMW stands for Break My Wallet.

Engine response, 255 HP, Sport Mode 0 to 60 breaks 6 seconds, Steptronic, Ergonomics, Leather.

Quality, Reliability, Durability, Battery Replacement Requirements, Needs Dipstick, No pushbutton w/Key Fob - just Push. Direction signal stalk needs to be normal, run flats need to go away, paint should not be so prone to chipping, and the list goes on...

Too Sporty For Me
By snowtrax00

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a nice car and very fun to drive. It's very fast with great mileage. I get about 26mpg around town and 33 or 34 on the highway. The engine is quiet along with the cabin but the exhaust is too numb for me compared to the Infiniti. The sport ride is way too stiff even without runflats. The only reasons I wanted the sport package was for the
better seats, steering wheel and rims but the ride is just awful, especially in the winter when the roads get bad. It's too small on the inside for three people and a little too small for two people. It's difficult to get into because it's so low but the driving position is fantastic but the previous generation G35 was much better.

Performance, Power folding mirrors, Many-way adjustable seats, Automatic wipers, Adaptive xenon headlights, Powerful brakes, Climate controlled cup holder, Heated seats, Exhaust adjustment, Sunroof, One touch windows, Lights under door handles, Automatic day/night mirror, Carpet and interior quality, Nice paint, Rims

Better ride even with sport suspension, more interior room, better cup holder design, tinted rear windows, fold down seat on all models, better looking dashboard without Nav, No push button start in cars without comfort access, Better exhaust, Smoother leather although it's very rugged, Bluetooth that's actually worth using since no one can hear you, Back-up camera when equipped with Nav

You will not regret buying this car
By Chas

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome car, I got the premium with the sport package or what not. I spent $45,000 cash - no finance. The car is great in all respects. Handling is unmatched in any car I've driven for the mid- century price point. I wish it was 300 HP but then I might have killed myself. The music system is the bomb. Car came with bluetooth and Ipod jack. Two power points. I got the all leather in gray. Still smells new after 42,000 miles.

Automatic or standard shift, visibility, So. Cal. freeway driving is fun

This car was so well researched they have hit everything you will need. 2006 was the last year they made a 330i. My girlfriend loved it and she looked good tucked in the racing seat.