Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325xi Sedan Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Money Pit But Worth It
By Tony

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I Love my Bmw 325xi. It holds the road beautifully! This car looks amazing to be a 2006, I've had friends ride with me and think its brand new! Perfect car for a 16 years old first car! There is nothing wrong with the car except for the cost of ownership. My car has 150'000 thousand miles on it and I've put about 30'000 thousand on it already. I've but about $10'000 into it in repairs but i knew what I was getting into to. When my Parents bought it for a good price, the transfer case that drives the front wheels had gone out and it cost about $2800. Also I had to replace the oil pan and things which cost me $1'500. Both of the rear windows motor went out but that was not the cars fault, every time my friends get in and out of my car, they all feel the need to slam my door shut! I am getting an appraisal to see how much it will cost, but its not looking good. Now for the big problem, a few months ago an error code came up with the transmission! The automatic had locked itself in 3rd gear (says the dealer) there was nothing they could do they said but replace it with a brand new one, which would cost a JAW DROPPING $11'000. Needless to say I took it to my personal mechanic and he got it done with $5'400 cash. That is all the problems I've had with my car. While yes it is a money pit, it was worth every penny.

Love the car, but a little bit paranoid
By arpy1

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a huge fan of BMW, and I was so excited to be able to buy my first one. I bought my 06' 325XI in Sept of 11 with just under the 100K mark (98K). It is now Nov of 12, so, I have owned it for a little over a year. I now have 120K on the car and it is still going strong. In the year I have owned it I have had to change the oil, spark plugs, a headlight, and one pack of ignition coils. It truely is like a dream come true, but I always have a sense of doom in the back of my mind after reading a lot of these reviews.

I absolutely love the bluetooth and the extras. Living in Colorado, AWD/4WD is almost a must, especially if you are a skiier/snowboarder. The AWD system is amazing. Stomps my old 02 Jeep Grand Cheerokee's full time 4WD all over the place.

Probably the cup holders. I dont understand them.

great handling, suspention, poor qulity and reliability
By pux

got used
'06 325xi 6sp in '10 with 62k. Its fast, handles great, holds road great, design is superb. May be a short on space for families, and bigger people. Very pricy to maintain especially if you don't know much about cars or prefer dealership service but the car is intended for richer audience hence the costs. But its very poorly built(German assembly), front handles began sticking and you can't close the door after you already got in, so you have to reach out to push the handle!! every time!on a Bimmer, come on!sticky buttons inside!i mean you have to push with all your power! within 1st year 3 check engines.2 times parts sending electric impulse to sparkplgs, anothr VANOS problem.

design, good fuel economy for a 6 cyl car. Cons.: , assembly quality, reliability of some parts, pricey service.

automanual tranny could think quicker. though its a luxury car all service is the same as for not premium segment cars, so don't overpay just because it's a bimmer. it takes more oil, but replaceing it is not more labor or time consuming than doing it in civic or corolla, the same about brake pads or battery. diy will save lots of money for you. But better yet buy a japan alternative, same room, about the same performance less headache. no need to overpay like 8-10k for leather and look. or buy new:)

After I get rid of my 2nd BMW I will be FREE
By andew_steel

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 325 for my daughter and unfortunately I made the same mistake by buying a second one for my other daughter. They are fun to drive and stay on the road very well. But German engineering is just a myth. EVERYTHING breaks after the original factory warranty runs out. The money I spent in repairs I could have bought a new Honda.
And that is what I have done. Traded the first one in for a New Acura. My daughter loves her new Acura and very soon I will get rid of the 2nd one. And I will be DONE!

Ride very good on the highway. But the price for this is asinine.

Win back he American Consumer through quality.

Stays in the shop
By gksouth

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always heard about how great a BMW car is. I bought mine about 3 years ago, and have had nothing but repair issues since. First it was a steerind lock sensor prioblem. Next was a brake sensor problem on the front and back. Dealer says brakes are fine. within the last 2 months, I have had both rear window regulators go out. Now I HAVE PAINT PEELING. I would caution anyone about buying a BMW. You had better set aside plenty for repairs

Handles well

Pay more attention to making the car more reliable, and not just look good.