2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love the car, but a little bit paranoid
By arpy1 on 11/05/12 10:23 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always been a huge fan of BMW, and I was so excited to be able to buy my first one. I bought my 06' 325XI in Sept of 11 with just under the 100K mark (98K). It is now Nov of 12, so, I have owned it for a little over a year. I now have 120K on the car and it is still going strong. In the year I have owned it I have had to change the oil, spark plugs, a headlight, and one pack of ignition coils. It truely is like a dream come true, but I always have a sense of doom in the back of my mind after reading a lot of these reviews.

great handling, suspention, poor qulity and reliability
By pux on 07/27/12 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

got used '06 325xi 6sp in '10 with 62k. Its fast, handles great, holds road great, design is superb. May be a short on space for families, and bigger people. Very pricy to maintain especially if you don't know much about cars or prefer dealership service but the car is intended for richer audience hence the costs. But its very poorly built(German assembly), front handles began sticking and you can't close the door after you already got in, so you have to reach out to push the handle!! every time!on a Bimmer, come on!sticky buttons inside!i mean you have to push with all your power! within 1st year 3 check engines.2 times parts sending electric impulse to sparkplgs, anothr VANOS problem.

After I get rid of my 2nd BMW I will be FREE
By andew_steel on 05/28/12 10:30 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 325 for my daughter and unfortunately I made the same mistake by buying a second one for my other daughter. They are fun to drive and stay on the road very well. But German engineering is just a myth. EVERYTHING breaks after the original factory warranty runs out. The money I spent in repairs I could have bought a new Honda. And that is what I have done. Traded the first one in for a New Acura. My daughter loves her new Acura and very soon I will get rid of the 2nd one. And I will be DONE!

Stays in the shop
By gksouth on 10/23/11 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have always heard about how great a BMW car is. I bought mine about 3 years ago, and have had nothing but repair issues since. First it was a steerind lock sensor prioblem. Next was a brake sensor problem on the front and back. Dealer says brakes are fine. within the last 2 months, I have had both rear window regulators go out. Now I HAVE PAINT PEELING. I would caution anyone about buying a BMW. You had better set aside plenty for repairs

Love to drive, pain to own
By vadim_ on 03/09/11 21:48 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best handling and most fun to drive car Iíve owned. It's glued to the road. Great cornering, steering, the best brakes, feels very safe. Good acceleration. On other hand: run-flat tires became very noisy at 15K mi, and had to be replaced at 22K mi. No room for spare if you want to buy one. Iíve been to dealership at least 12 times in 5 years. Solenoid valves needed to be replaced 4 times in 2 years. Passenger seat airbag sensor replaced, ignition lock replaced & more. Cosmetic issues too such as paint peeling on the roof after 1 year, inside door handles needed to be replaced, improperly installed panels after service appointments that need to be reinstalled & more.

The best car I've ever owned!
By #1 Fan on 08/04/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car really lives up to the BMW reputation! It is the ultimate driving machine. I bought it at 50,000 miles and now it's up to 77,000 miles. I love the GPS, bluetooth and all the amazing features of this car! It drives so smooth and the brakes are amazing, you tap on it and it stops. Many who have driven this car has commented on how great the brakes work. The only draw backs are cost to maintain this car. Oil changes will run you about $100, but you only change the oil every 10,000 miles. You have to use premium gas or it will affect the performance of the car. Do NOT go cheap on maintenance of this vehicle because it will come back to bite you! New set of tires will be expensive.

A joy to drive
By april journey on 04/13/10 08:57 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is by far the best car I have ever owned! Pure fun to drive, power when I need it and safety all around. Would I buy another? You bet I would!

A fan of German Autos no more
By mrs.nateystates on 02/02/10 11:03 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned German cars my whole life but this will be my last. The AWD is similar to that of Audis, but too many electrical issues. The runflat tires are awful, the cupholders are inconvenient, the leatherette interior leaves much to be desired, and dealerships are few and far from my home in NH. Thanks to the runflat tires wearing unevenly and the pressure being off all the time I've had to take it in at least once a month. The steering wheel lock sensor also went off causing the car to shut off completely and leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere at temperatures below zero and had to be towed. I was without a car for 2 weeks while it was being repaired

The Best Car I ever Owned
By Mark on 07/08/08 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

As of 20000 miles there are virtually no negatives other than a minor computer glitch when I first purchased the car. Well worth the price. Excellent in all categories

Excellent Entry in BMW
By Kevin on 02/20/08 06:09 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is an extremely excellent vehicle. The maintenance program is by far the most superior program ever. I have only paid for tires since owning this car. I am tall, 6'4". I am ready to upgrade to a larger model. That is my only complaint, is that it is a little tight for taller people. I knew that when I bought the car, so I can't complain. This is an excellent start for someone that wants to get into a high performance luxury vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.