Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 330i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2006 Break My Wallet 330i Sedan
By tggary

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 BMW 330i Sedan auto is a lot of fun to drive when it is operating without problems, Repeated ignition coil breakdowns, bad bushings, oil gasket leaks, run flat issues - all in 47K mileage range - I long for the '04 Jaguar X Type 3.0 which was totaled by another driver - it never broke down and was great on ice and snow too with the stock All Season tires. I do love the 330i, Black / Black Leather Premium Package and very quick, but it is just sad how the so called superior Bavarian Engineering is a joke. Then again, our 2002 Benz has been perfect to 87K, just tires, oil and brakes. Next time, I go Acura, Lexus, if Germanic - Audi or another Benz. BMW stands for Break My Wallet.

Favorite Features

Engine response, 255 HP, Sport Mode 0 to 60 breaks 6 seconds, Steptronic, Ergonomics, Leather.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, Reliability, Durability, Battery Replacement Requirements, Needs Dipstick, No pushbutton w/Key Fob - just Push. Direction signal stalk needs to be normal, run flats need to go away, paint should not be so prone to chipping, and the list goes on...

Too Sporty For Me
By snowtrax00

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a nice car and very fun to drive. It's very fast with great mileage. I get about 26mpg around town and 33 or 34 on the highway. The engine is quiet along with the cabin but the exhaust is too numb for me compared to the Infiniti. The sport ride is way too stiff even without runflats. The only reasons I wanted the sport package was for the better seats, steering wheel and rims but the ride is just awful, especially in the winter when the roads get bad. It's too small on the inside for three people and a little too small for two people. It's difficult to get into because it's so low but the driving position is fantastic but the previous generation G35 was much better.

Favorite Features

Performance, Power folding mirrors, Many-way adjustable seats, Automatic wipers, Adaptive xenon headlights, Powerful brakes, Climate controlled cup holder, Heated seats, Exhaust adjustment, Sunroof, One touch windows, Lights under door handles, Automatic day/night mirror, Carpet and interior quality, Nice paint, Rims

Suggested Improvements

Better ride even with sport suspension, more interior room, better cup holder design, tinted rear windows, fold down seat on all models, better looking dashboard without Nav, No push button start in cars without comfort access, Better exhaust, Smoother leather although it's very rugged, Bluetooth that's actually worth using since no one can hear you, Back-up camera when equipped with Nav

You will not regret buying this car
By Chas

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome car, I got the premium with the sport package or what not. I spent $45,000 cash - no finance. The car is great in all respects. Handling is unmatched in any car I've driven for the mid- century price point. I wish it was 300 HP but then I might have killed myself. The music system is the bomb. Car came with bluetooth and Ipod jack. Two power points. I got the all leather in gray. Still smells new after 42,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Automatic or standard shift, visibility, So. Cal. freeway driving is fun

Suggested Improvements

This car was so well researched they have hit everything you will need. 2006 was the last year they made a 330i. My girlfriend loved it and she looked good tucked in the racing seat.

BMW Owner Since 1995
By Michele

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 2 and leased 6 BMWs since 1995. I love them so much I purchased the 2006 so I didn't have to turn it in after the lease expired. While the car is almost the same quality as all previous ones the run flat tires have been replaced with go flats along with a membership in AAA. Bumps make the car feel as though something will fall off or the tire will explode with the run flats. The rubber paint on the driver side door handle is peeled off and embarrassing but the car rides like a dream and I feel safe driving it. My only regret is that I chose to buy this one and not my previous 3 series. Local driving results in only 17 mpg but highway an outstanding 33 mpg.

Favorite Features

Handling, Ride Comfort, Reliability, Solid construction.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to Go Flat Tires. Fix paint problem on driver side door.

330i - The best car I've ever owned
By Justin Long

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 330i 6 spd manual with Sports package and navigation in January. This is my first BMW and I'm hooked. It's by far the best car I've ever owned in all aspects. Nothing was sacrificed to give perfect balance of performance and luxury. Plenty of HP and torque without the 335's twin turbos. 35 mpg on interstate and 22- 26 mpg city (depending on how you drive) I've put 20k miles in 8 months without any problems. There weren't run-flat tires on it when I bought it and I kept it that way. More comfortable ride without them. This is a must buy. Navigation is a little dated but was very detailed and only had issues not finding one location. Find a manual and DRIVE.

Favorite Features

Sleek sporty exterior, 6spd manual trans, Bluetooth, Navigation, 18" wheels, handling, overall performance, um so just about everything

Suggested Improvements

this is the first review i have ever written on anything. I honestly wouldn't change a thing. It's a wonderful vehicle