Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great driving car
By dic_camarillo

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We thoroughly enjoy our 2006 BMW 325i sedan. Ours has a sport package, which includes larger wheels (looks nice), sport steering wheel, but most important is the sport seats. Dual power seats with power side bolsters and manual seat bottom extenders. Compared to our 2009 328i (Premium - no sport), the seats on the '06 are so much better. The ride comfort isn't as good as the '09, but it's still good for a performance sedan. The fit and finish is still good, materials are very well made and have held up well. Paint still looks good, except for the repainted bumpers from a parking lot ding (factory paint is so much better than a body shop repair). Overall, we're very happy!

Handling, smooth idle, precise steering, fade resistant brakes, good looks, quality materials, low maintenance and repairs - you must keep up with maintenance or you'll pay later. Great visibility, feels like an extension of me, comfortable seats, good long distance driving car, smooth on road, lots of front leg room, good stereo, trip computer and all the nice creature comforts.

Needs a little more back seat leg room. Center hump is a bit tall, so car is really a 4 passenger car. A little more power would be nice - our '09 328i is a perfect mix between power and gas mileage.

Would not purchase another BMW
By h13cyl

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. Have own many different type of cars and none have disappointed like this 2006 325I. Here is the history of the money pit; In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. The bad; head replaced, valve cover-broken bolts, door handle sticking, water pump, rear window replaced because of faulty defogger grid , rear windows sometime work, starter motor, ignition coils, less than 90k on my car. No more than a money pit. The Good; fun to drive.

Buy beware (BMW's are lemons)
By garyatvartac

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW is a maintenance night mare. I absolutely hate my car b/c it is as reliable as the wind. The craftsman ship of the 3 series is poor at best. My car started to pour not leak oil at around 59,000 miles. The entire cooling system failed at 90,000 miles. The car is a big money pit. The electric water pump on the car costs around 600 dollars and the thermostat is 150 at a discounted auto parts store. I paid 1200 at a indy shop to get the starter replaced. BMW is nothing but an over priced piece of junk.

The car looks nice but that is where the buck stops.

The car suffers from major reliability issues. The car is very cheaply made for the huge price tag. BMW's are not every day driver vehicles.

Fun to drive but frequent fixes
By alphonsea

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this 325i new in Oct. 2005 as a 2006 model. High on fun to drive meter but too many serious repairs. The car was great until about 75K miles. From 75k to 129k ignition coil failures, head bolt replacements, chipping paint, window motor failure, radio LED failure and sticky door handles. However I still love the car but not inclined to purchase another. I also had a 94 325 and a 97 525 which had less electronics but were more reliable.

Handling, smooth reving engine, excellent braking

Get rid of half the electronics and focus on durable drivetrain and suspension.

Amazing performance, the true driving machine!
By at_car_guy

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned the car for two years. The warranty and maintenance plan will help you not worry about its bills. It is an engineering marvel, it shows unmatched performance. It is in a level no other car in it's class could match. On the negative side, the interior is poor and has no sense of luxury. especially the door panels. Anywyas, keep in mind when buying from BMW dealers, that BMW Financial services is such as disgusting company to buy from! If not really into the car, I'd suggest opting for Mercedes C class, on performance it falls much shorter than the Bimmer, but it has a nice interior, it's more comfortable and Mercedes dealers and MB Financial service know how to treat people well!

Brakes, Steering, Cornering capability, abundant grip, beautiful engine sound, more efficient than it's competitors and a true definition of a production driving machine and driving pleasure.

The interior needs a touch of luxury, especially the door panels. You can see the body color through the gap between the door when the doors are closed. The interior of this car is not in line with the excellence in rest of it.