2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Would not purchase another BMW
By h13cyl on 03/05/14 13:09 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. Have own many different type of cars and none have disappointed like this 2006 325I. Here is the history of the money pit; In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. The bad; head replaced, valve cover-broken bolts, door handle sticking, water pump, rear window replaced because of faulty defogger grid , rear windows sometime work, starter motor, ignition coils, less than 90k on my car. No more than a money pit. The Good; fun to drive.

Buy beware (BMW's are lemons)
By garyatvartac on 11/04/13 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW is a maintenance night mare. I absolutely hate my car b/c it is as reliable as the wind. The craftsman ship of the 3 series is poor at best. My car started to pour not leak oil at around 59,000 miles. The entire cooling system failed at 90,000 miles. The car is a big money pit. The electric water pump on the car costs around 600 dollars and the thermostat is 150 at a discounted auto parts store. I paid 1200 at a indy shop to get the starter replaced. BMW is nothing but an over priced piece of junk.

Fun to drive but frequent fixes
By alphonsea on 05/28/13 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this 325i new in Oct. 2005 as a 2006 model. High on fun to drive meter but too many serious repairs. The car was great until about 75K miles. From 75k to 129k ignition coil failures, head bolt replacements, chipping paint, window motor failure, radio LED failure and sticky door handles. However I still love the car but not inclined to purchase another. I also had a 94 325 and a 97 525 which had less electronics but were more reliable.

Amazing performance, the true driving machine!
By at_car_guy on 05/13/13 02:37 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned the car for two years. The warranty and maintenance plan will help you not worry about its bills. It is an engineering marvel, it shows unmatched performance. It is in a level no other car in it's class could match. On the negative side, the interior is poor and has no sense of luxury. especially the door panels. Anywyas, keep in mind when buying from BMW dealers, that BMW Financial services is such as disgusting company to buy from! If not really into the car, I'd suggest opting for Mercedes C class, on performance it falls much shorter than the Bimmer, but it has a nice interior, it's more comfortable and Mercedes dealers and MB Financial service know how to treat people well!

Great Car but its all in the details
By rm332 on 05/03/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the entry point BMW, the 2006 325i. You can get them cheap. But this was the 1st year of the E90. This model was ambitious, alot of new technologies were introduced. The exterior redefined what cars look like. This car has a huge battery for the mind numbing amount of electronics. So the thing to keep in mind was it was the 1st year. Also know that BMW mechanic rates start at $90/hr. But the great thing is that all the diagnostic and repair software the dealers originally used is freely available to everyone on the web. I've diag problems, the VANOS and coil issues we've seen on here are extremely easy to fix. I have a fully loaded 2006 325i with no faults, 78K!

Love My Beamer
By mrlpn84 on 03/13/13 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my black 2006 325i sport package blonde leather seats and lovvvve it. I came from a 06 Sonata and theres no looking back. I test drove the 07 clk 550 and almost got it until i spotted the Beamer and took a test drive, what a difference this thing handles like a dream and german built like a bank vault. It turns sooo many heads and the sound system is crazy. I only wished i had the 330 for the 255hp engine but whatever. Im hooked on BMW and will always own one.

Worst car on earth! Disapointed by BMW
By flavio1 on 10/03/12 13:55 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought a 325i 2006, second hand in 2011 it had about 62000 kilometers (not miles). Since then I was disappointed: the grey interior is now on a bad shape, on of the cup holders doesnt work at all, the button for the headlights felt apart and this is just the beginning. I had to change the water pomp ( 1100$) the service department told that it happens sometimes. 85 000 kms cover bolts that i have to change + camshaft and valanos solonoids total 1865 $. Plus many maintenance that I had to do. I will never buy a BMW again. The person who works at the sales department told me that once the warranty expires the real problems begin. Even people who are working at BMW dont trust the company

BMW, our Ultimate break-down machine
By valka on 12/31/11 05:02 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

So, we bought this (2006 325i/E90) car last year for 16K. In the following year its needed (all prices include installation) 1. $600 Oil Pan Gasket 2. $1500 Passenger seat weight sensor 3. $1200 Radio Dash LCD display 4. $1300 Electric Water Pump 5. $150 Electric thermostat 6. $500 shaped coolant hoses 7. $350 Oil Filter Adapter Gasket 8. $500 replacement alloy rim 9. $200 spark plugs 10$700 VANOS solenoids Once you get past the questionable maintenance costs and the uncomfortable side bolsters the car has a lot of good points. It's good fun to drive with excellent handling and decent throttle...it just shouldn't cost this much to maintain a 5 year old car.

75k miles later - I still love my car!
By ggallison61 on 09/17/11 08:40 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third BMW 3 Series, and after five years of ownership and 75,000 miles I still love to drive my car. It still handles beautifully, jumps up to 85 mph in a flash, and takes the curves as if itÂ’s hugging the rail. Gorgeous car in and out. Love it, love it, love it! Every time I think about getting that new convertible, I remember I still love my car and I'm not quite ready to part with it. Maybe next year...

BMW = Been My Worst!
By amystical1 on 08/02/11 08:07 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish I had nothing but rave reviews on this car and that I have had an enjoyable experience owning the 325i, but unfortunately I don't. I purchased the 325i as a CPO with the extended warranty/maintenance and road hazard for the tires. I am so glad I did because it was heavily used. The service people know me by first name here in Houston and that is not good. I go there on schedule with some sort of issue every other month. I have lost time from work and weekend days having to take it to the dealership for service and I have spent my patience with the BMW brand above and beyond what I should have. I regret purchasing this car & now I have anxiety attacks driving it. I'm done w/it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.