Used 2006 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 203 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Bought Car used in 2013
By BMWguy

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car has been amazing i wont lie.. For being my first car to buy on my own i am happy with my purchase.. Bought the car with 67k miles on it and now driving it around with over 140k miles. This car drives and handles just like you see in the commercials.. You can drive fast around sharp curves and have your headlights lead the way.. For someone who is 6'4 size isn't the best but not terrible either i have with it. I drove from Washington state to New York in my car and was comfortable the whole way.. I will say after 145k miles you will start to see issues.. I have had to have all my Spark plugs and coil packs replaced probably totaling $500 all together. Then recently with in two weeks i have had my serpentine belt replaced, and its pulley replaced totaling over $300, plus i have had electrical issues with my car completely going dead loss of all power 2x now luckily at home though.. Thanks to AAA saves my life. I have had my air conditioner not working, and other minor errors. This car burns through oil like nothing, and tends to have oil leaks.. Love the car but i think its time to get something newer.. I would suggest buying this car and year if you are getting it with low miles.. Its a fantastic car.. .

OK Car but you can get a better car for that money
By Juan Benitez MB

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We bought the vehicle on june of 2015, we owned 3 previous MB GLK's (totaled 2) and a C240. We had great expectations about this car since supposedly is the Ultimate Driving machine. Steering wheel is extremely stiff, I know that's how german cars are but this was beyond any other VW or MB I have driving before. Brakes are great, and acceleration, oh man, pfffew, IT GOES!!!!!!! It is super fast. Fuel economy is OK for a 3.0 engine. X Drive works good in the snow but it's height does not compensate the 4x4.

The bad, YOU WILL HAVE A MISFIRE! For sure, ignition coil will go bad any time after 50.000 miles, for some reason most of them burn oil even with low mileage. That is what I have been told. BMW dealer maintenance is really expensive. HID bulbs cost about $300 in the dealership plus $100 labor. I know crazy! Oil change about $300. The interioR quality is HORRIBLE, It just feels cheap. The plastics, even the wood trim.

As of 2/16 we ended up getting another MB GLK 350. And now we have the car for sale.

Overall, OK car. Better than any Jap car, not as good as other european.

Worse BMW I've ever owned
By Randy

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned 4 BMW and was pretty pleased by all. 3 including this one was bought new. This model is horrible. Have to remove bumper to replace a headlight. Awkward to reach power window controls unless you have 5' arms. Electronics is a nightmare! Leaks water rear foot, and has never been in accident. Paint flaked off roof rails. Worse of all is the quality of the interior trim. It is made of WHITE cheap plastic that is painted interior color. Every time you scratch anything that is painted, Door panels, steering wheel etc., the cheap white plastic shows through. Should have been molded in SOLID color plastic. Also ALL 4 door handles have been sticking since 50,000 miles. Horrible craftsmanship and design. CHEAP, CHEAP, CHAEAP. Will never own another.

Luxurious, Sporty, Fun, Eye-catcher, Maintenance.
By Fahiem Ahmadi

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I own a silver 2006 BMW 325i Sedan 3.0L I6. I honestly can say that i absolutely love this car very deeply. It's way ahead of it's time, people always assume it's a newer model just by looking at it. I surprise everyone when i tell them it is a 2006. This car has a lot to offer, it has the luxury look both outside and inside. A lot of people try to dumb down the 325i model compared to other cars in it's class performance wise, but i honestly don't believe those people have owned or even been inside this car. For those of us who drive this car on a daily basis you can agree with me when I say this car holds it's own on the road with both top end and acceleration speeds. In the 2 years i've owned this car you can bet i've done some racing on the highways and I have beat some pretty fast cars from G35's, Acura TL's, Lexus IS, Mercedes C/E Class, Other BMW models. This car has some heat in it. Automatic 6 speed tiptronic.

Now by no means is this car an M3 or a GTR but when it comes to car's in it's class this is the best, if not one of the best. Handles the road extremely well, it has saved me from some sticky situations with it's handling ability and power steering. The overall design of the car is smooth, elegant and crisp with a driving on glass feel, you can literally be doing 100 mph and feel like the car is going 50. The stock audio system is very high quality both in sound and bass. Depending on what package you get, it comes with climate control, power seats, blue tooth, BMW assist, aux plug. MP3 CD, sun shade and added horsepower. The car is bilingual in it's text.

With that being said this car is just about 10 years old now and if your thinking of buying one just know that the initial purchase price is not the problem it is the cost of ownership. Meaning, you will put up some big money to keep this car maintained. I've had this car for 2 years and the initial cost of the car was 16k. Plus

-$550 on starter replacement and leak.
-$2700 - Water Pump, thermostat, radiator, radiator hose
-$543 - Head Gaskett
-$434 - Oil Filter housing gasket (2x)
-$540 - Belt Tensioner
-$1000 - Brake pad, sensors, rotors.
-$599 - Spark plugs 1-6 and Ignition coil 3

That is a total of $6366 and not to mention the $200+ a month for insurance .. Gas is decent on this considering the performance factor that comes with this car.
The car is fun and exciting to ride in but can be costly. To be honest with you, even though i have broke the bank a few times with this car I truly enjoy driving it and absolutely love this car. If you are single with no kids I would recommend buying this car.

06 325i - Current college student
By Cesar

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought an 06 325i with 67,000 last august. Saved up all my money to get a nice car to commute to and from school. Drives amazing, feels amazing, and quite frankly you feel amazing! It honestly feels like driving in a spaceship. You hear nothing except the sound of silence and the road. I am in love with my car. To do my oil changes it usually costs me about 90$ every 5-6,000 miles just because I try to be proactive with oil. Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst.. my water pump went this past june which cost me about 1,300 with the change of a battery too. The guy i bought it from didn't change his battery so that battery in there was from 2005 when it was first built. This shows how much of a monster this car! The only problem with the car is it can be expensive. Any repair will cost you a decent chunk. Luckily my father knows about cars and we can do the simple tasks such as oil changes and brake pad changes. Also the car is super low so be careful with potholes as well as speed bumps and going in your drive way since it can scrape the bottom of it. Love my BMW! Any repairs for this vehicle, I'd suggest KAM specialties in Reading, PA. These guys are great and competitively priced.