Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2006 330CI used purchase
By graeme silvera

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a 2000 Z3 to this as i still wanted a convertible with the excellent handling and fun to drive capabilities of the Z3 but something more "practical". This car is amazing to drive and can fit 3 kids with luggage for the weekend with dad to boot! Highly recommend that you "shark" the car as the performance and throttle response is like night and day - dont know why they dont do this at the factory. Also recommend that you install a short shift kit, both upgrades will make a great car even better. So far no major problems in over 30,000kms of spirited driving.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, amazing expanding trunk that can hold an elephant.

Suggested Improvements

cheap plastic interior parts

Love the car
By mrsnitrobob

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Have almost 125k miles and no problems, just the usual oil change, tires, brakes changing. Fun, reliable car. Navigation, while as not touch screen, it does allow my passenger use it, while I'm driving.

Favorite Features

Feeling the responsiveness of the car (not loose like my husbands Lexus LS) and hearing the engine "purring" when I start it every morning. Looks great, sounds great, and drives fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Another outlet jack, and drink holder for back seats

Lemon
By Rhonda

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thought BMW was a reliable, long lasting car manufacturer, but this adorable car has turned out to be a lemon. The car is very stylish, good body lines and just down right pretty. The auto convertible top is simple and quick to use and still leaves a roomy trunk. Bucket seats are about the most comfortable seats I've owned. Gas mileage is good 25+ mpg on highway and I'm a fast driver. Handling and braking performance are superior. But, it's been one thing after another, mirrors broke, wood look trim cracked, seat belt holders broke, interior door knob broke, window button broke, air vents in dash broke, in-dash cubbyhole storage compartment door broke, delay wipers erratic. Feel deceived

Favorite Features

Performance, smooth ride, handles great

Suggested Improvements

Better quality and cheaper maintenance

Last "classic" (e46) 3 series converts.
By pete

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car! It's a "keeper" for sure. "ZHP" Performance Pkg (+$3900) makes the difference. Handles better than it's Miata predecessor, and is waaay more comfortable. Sure it's not a 300 hp twin turbo powerhouse. But it's such a balanced drive, perfectly mating the 3 liter 6 (235 hp) to the chassis and "M" suspension components. With the 6 spd. manual, we've seen 32 mpg when were forced to cruise down an Interstate. The final iteration of the E46 body, nicely rounded off (vs the angularity of E90s) just seems more appealing to the eye and the overall timelessness of the shape. Get one, if you're at all considering it!

Favorite Features

"ZHP" Performance Pkg. Engine. Shape. Suspension/chassis. 6 speed. Wheels. Seats. No Cost maintenance/service (4 yrs./50,000 mi.). The fact that leather was a n/c option over the Alcantra synthetic fabric (gets tacky looking, to me).

Suggested Improvements

Extend my warranty for a long as I have the car. :) Support highway/road funding, so that jurisdictions can make roads smooth like they should be (eliminate the ruts that make wide tires go crazy). Folding hard tops aren't, to my mind, true convertibles. Perhaps that will make this 330 worth more?

325 ci Convertible - Awesome Car
By Paul G

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. The quality of the build and handling are superior. The driver and passenger seats are a little cramped for long road trips, but acceptable for day drives and cruising. I've owned the car for two years and about 18,000 miles - NO issues to date (except for my aftermarket iPod cable which I needed to replace because it shorted out, but BMW took are of that for me). While I like my ragtop, I am looking to move to the new 330 hardtop convertible probably in a year or two. I highly recommend this car - it's a pleasure to own and to drive!

Favorite Features

Performance, styling, and high end sound system (Harmon Kardon).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the driver right side room especially near the console - too tight. Improve the placement of the cup holders - without the center console up, only one of the two cup holders is accessible. I think SAAB has the right idea here with the cool dashboard cupholder I had on my 2003 9-3.