2006 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

2006 330CI used purchase
By graeme silvera

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Went from a 2000 Z3 to this as i still wanted a convertible with the excellent handling and fun to drive capabilities of the Z3 but something more "practical". This car is amazing to drive and can fit 3 kids with luggage for the weekend with dad to boot! Highly recommend that you "shark" the car as the performance and throttle response is like night and day - dont know why they dont do this at the factory. Also recommend that you install a short shift kit, both upgrades will make a great car even better. So far no major problems in over 30,000kms of spirited driving.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, amazing expanding trunk that can hold an elephant.

Suggested Improvements

cheap plastic interior parts

Love the car
By mrsnitrobob

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Have almost 125k miles and no problems, just the usual oil change, tires, brakes changing. Fun, reliable car. Navigation, while as not touch screen, it does allow my passenger use it, while I'm driving.

Favorite Features

Feeling the responsiveness of the car (not loose like my husbands Lexus LS) and hearing the engine "purring" when I start it every morning. Looks great, sounds great, and drives fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

Another outlet jack, and drink holder for back seats

Lemon
By Rhonda

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thought BMW was a reliable, long lasting car manufacturer, but this adorable car has turned out to be a lemon. The car is very stylish, good body lines and just down right pretty. The auto convertible top is simple and quick to use and still leaves a roomy trunk. Bucket seats are about the most comfortable seats I've owned. Gas mileage is good 25+ mpg on highway and I'm a fast driver. Handling and braking performance are superior. But, it's been one thing after another, mirrors broke, wood look trim cracked, seat belt holders broke, interior door knob broke, window button broke, air vents in dash broke, in-dash cubbyhole storage compartment door broke, delay wipers erratic. Feel deceived

Favorite Features

Performance, smooth ride, handles great

Suggested Improvements

Better quality and cheaper maintenance

Last "classic" (e46) 3 series converts.
By pete

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car! It's a "keeper" for sure. "ZHP" Performance Pkg (+$3900) makes the difference. Handles better than it's Miata predecessor, and is waaay more comfortable. Sure it's not a 300 hp twin turbo powerhouse. But it's such a balanced drive, perfectly mating the 3 liter 6 (235 hp) to the chassis and "M" suspension components. With the 6 spd. manual, we've seen 32 mpg when were forced to cruise down an Interstate. The final iteration of the E46 body, nicely rounded off (vs the angularity of E90s) just seems more appealing to the eye and the overall timelessness of the shape. Get one, if you're at all considering it!

Favorite Features

"ZHP" Performance Pkg. Engine. Shape. Suspension/chassis. 6 speed. Wheels. Seats. No Cost maintenance/service (4 yrs./50,000 mi.). The fact that leather was a n/c option over the Alcantra synthetic fabric (gets tacky looking, to me).

Suggested Improvements

Extend my warranty for a long as I have the car. :) Support highway/road funding, so that jurisdictions can make roads smooth like they should be (eliminate the ruts that make wide tires go crazy). Folding hard tops aren't, to my mind, true convertibles. Perhaps that will make this 330 worth more?

325 ci Convertible - Awesome Car
By Paul G

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. The quality of the build and handling are superior. The driver and passenger seats are a little cramped for long road trips, but acceptable for day drives and cruising. I've owned the car for two years and about 18,000 miles - NO issues to date (except for my aftermarket iPod cable which I needed to replace because it shorted out, but BMW took are of that for me). While I like my ragtop, I am looking to move to the new 330 hardtop convertible probably in a year or two. I highly recommend this car - it's a pleasure to own and to drive!

Favorite Features

Performance, styling, and high end sound system (Harmon Kardon).

Suggested Improvements

Improve the driver right side room especially near the console - too tight. Improve the placement of the cup holders - without the center console up, only one of the two cup holders is accessible. I think SAAB has the right idea here with the cool dashboard cupholder I had on my 2003 9-3.

Too Much Fun
By Nancy Lawson

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330ci in November 2006. It drives like a dream and because I am a rather short individual, the seats fit better and are more comfortable than any other vehicle I have ever owned. BMW must have listened because my car does not have run flat tires and I have a very quiet ride. I didn't think I would enjoy the convertible as much as I have. It is so easy to use that I take the top down every opportunity I get. I also have the interface for wireless blue tooth that provides total hands free driving. I am so spoiled, I will never have another car without it. Likewise, the heated seats are such a pleasure! Yes, I love my car.

Favorite Features

Convertible. Wireless Blue Tooth. Heated seat. Smooth drive.

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk.

Ditch run flats, then a great car
By BMW love, hate

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I dreamed of owning a BMW for years. I finally bought a used one with 11,000 miles on it last year. What a disappointment. The road noise was horrible and the ride rough. I actually tried to take it back but couldn't. About 3 months ago, my wife got a flat tire and I decided to replace all four tire with regular tires. What a difference. We both love the car now. Ride is quiet and smooth. Totally different car. I bought a new rim and had one of the old run flats put on it and keep it in the trunk as a spare. I also bought a compact jack. Sure it takes up a lot of room and adds weight, but that's a small price to pay for totally changing this car from one I hate to one I love!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Spotlights are so precise, the kids can have them on and not bother the driver at all.

Suggested Improvements

No more run flats.

Love this car
By JimB

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car fits like a glove - the minute I sit in it, my whole body relaxes. Quick, handles very well, the only problem is that it is so much fun to drive, I tend to drive it really fast. The styling is classic, timeless. I have the iPod interface and the Harmon Kardon stereo, and the sound is really good. The only complaint, and I knew this going in, was that the back seat is tight.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, comfort, and style.

Suggested Improvements

Leave a few more inches of legroom in the back seat.

Very Pleased
By Jim

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So far so good. Just bought car in August. Very happy so far. Many features I never had before, all work great. Always bought GM cars. This car is much better. Fun car to drive. Rides great, solid. Much better paint finish. Nice looking. Feel special in it. Inside, rich expensive look. Enjoy just taking it for a ride with the top down, and radio playing. Looks speak for itself. Eye catching. Pleasant and quiet ride. Plenty of power, and holds the road very well. Brakes work great, you don't lean foward when stopping. Car stays level.

Favorite Features

Pulse wipers work on rain hiting windshield, if you want. 9 speaker system. Radio volume works on noise level, and speed if you want by itself. Temperture heat control, just set temp. and that's it, At night, lights fill the road with plenty of light. All windows go down or up at one time.

Suggested Improvements

All doors should lock when you put car in drive, and stay locked till you shut car off, and put in park. Have to push button on and off it you want to be safe inside of car. High test gas only. Should take regular. I tried it, car pings.

Performance machine, not speed machine
By Mikeebear

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car performs wonderfully. Tight precise steering and cutting corners at least is to be expected. The automatic transmission makes it pretty slow. It is probably quick enough for most average drivers and daily commutes, but if you're looking for a thrill, this car is not thrilling. Inside, it is spacious and pretty. The sound system could use a big upgrade, but it's OK. If you put the top up/down while people are in the back, it hits them in the head. Gas mileage is very poor for this type of car. The sport mode is good. There's a big aftermarket for performance parts. I would recommend this car if you're an average driver looking for a little fun when you want, but not for thril-seekers.

Favorite Features

The tight, precise handling and steering, excellent performance. Great sunday cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Make it faster. Give it more curves. Remove the ugly bar that bumps out of the back of the top. Better sound system. Make the doors easier to open w/out smacking car next to you. BETTER GAS MILEAGE, PLEASE. Auxiliary jack anyone?