2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love the car
By mrsnitrobob on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Have almost 125k miles and no problems, just the usual oil change, tires, brakes changing. Fun, reliable car. Navigation, while as not touch screen, it does allow my passenger use it, while I'm driving.

Lemon
By Rhonda on 08/14/10 02:51 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thought BMW was a reliable, long lasting car manufacturer, but this adorable car has turned out to be a lemon. The car is very stylish, good body lines and just down right pretty. The auto convertible top is simple and quick to use and still leaves a roomy trunk. Bucket seats are about the most comfortable seats I've owned. Gas mileage is good 25+ mpg on highway and I'm a fast driver. Handling and braking performance are superior. But, it's been one thing after another, mirrors broke, wood look trim cracked, seat belt holders broke, interior door knob broke, window button broke, air vents in dash broke, in-dash cubbyhole storage compartment door broke, delay wipers erratic. Feel deceived

Last "classic" (e46) 3 series converts.
By pete on 11/18/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car! It's a "keeper" for sure. "ZHP" Performance Pkg (+$3900) makes the difference. Handles better than it's Miata predecessor, and is waaay more comfortable. Sure it's not a 300 hp twin turbo powerhouse. But it's such a balanced drive, perfectly mating the 3 liter 6 (235 hp) to the chassis and "M" suspension components. With the 6 spd. manual, we've seen 32 mpg when were forced to cruise down an Interstate. The final iteration of the E46 body, nicely rounded off (vs the angularity of E90s) just seems more appealing to the eye and the overall timelessness of the shape. Get one, if you're at all considering it!

325 ci Convertible - Awesome Car
By Paul G on 07/23/08 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I can't tell you how happy I am with this car. The quality of the build and handling are superior. The driver and passenger seats are a little cramped for long road trips, but acceptable for day drives and cruising. I've owned the car for two years and about 18,000 miles - NO issues to date (except for my aftermarket iPod cable which I needed to replace because it shorted out, but BMW took are of that for me). While I like my ragtop, I am looking to move to the new 330 hardtop convertible probably in a year or two. I highly recommend this car - it's a pleasure to own and to drive!

Too Much Fun
By Nancy Lawson on 12/22/07 15:07 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330ci in November 2006. It drives like a dream and because I am a rather short individual, the seats fit better and are more comfortable than any other vehicle I have ever owned. BMW must have listened because my car does not have run flat tires and I have a very quiet ride. I didn't think I would enjoy the convertible as much as I have. It is so easy to use that I take the top down every opportunity I get. I also have the interface for wireless blue tooth that provides total hands free driving. I am so spoiled, I will never have another car without it. Likewise, the heated seats are such a pleasure! Yes, I love my car.

Ditch run flats, then a great car
By BMW love, hate on 10/15/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I dreamed of owning a BMW for years. I finally bought a used one with 11,000 miles on it last year. What a disappointment. The road noise was horrible and the ride rough. I actually tried to take it back but couldn't. About 3 months ago, my wife got a flat tire and I decided to replace all four tire with regular tires. What a difference. We both love the car now. Ride is quiet and smooth. Totally different car. I bought a new rim and had one of the old run flats put on it and keep it in the trunk as a spare. I also bought a compact jack. Sure it takes up a lot of room and adds weight, but that's a small price to pay for totally changing this car from one I hate to one I love!

Love this car
By JimB on 08/28/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car fits like a glove - the minute I sit in it, my whole body relaxes. Quick, handles very well, the only problem is that it is so much fun to drive, I tend to drive it really fast. The styling is classic, timeless. I have the iPod interface and the Harmon Kardon stereo, and the sound is really good. The only complaint, and I knew this going in, was that the back seat is tight.

Very Pleased
By Jim on 12/20/06 08:30 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So far so good. Just bought car in August. Very happy so far. Many features I never had before, all work great. Always bought GM cars. This car is much better. Fun car to drive. Rides great, solid. Much better paint finish. Nice looking. Feel special in it. Inside, rich expensive look. Enjoy just taking it for a ride with the top down, and radio playing. Looks speak for itself. Eye catching. Pleasant and quiet ride. Plenty of power, and holds the road very well. Brakes work great, you don't lean foward when stopping. Car stays level.

Performance machine, not speed machine
By Mikeebear on 10/26/06 11:23 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car performs wonderfully. Tight precise steering and cutting corners at least is to be expected. The automatic transmission makes it pretty slow. It is probably quick enough for most average drivers and daily commutes, but if you're looking for a thrill, this car is not thrilling. Inside, it is spacious and pretty. The sound system could use a big upgrade, but it's OK. If you put the top up/down while people are in the back, it hits them in the head. Gas mileage is very poor for this type of car. The sport mode is good. There's a big aftermarket for performance parts. I would recommend this car if you're an average driver looking for a little fun when you want, but not for thril-seekers.

Hard to Beat
By JP on 10/06/06 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Superb handling convertible, especially with the six speed and performance package.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.