2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love the car
By mrsnitrobob on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Love the car. Have almost 125k miles and no problems, just the usual oil change, tires, brakes changing. Fun, reliable car. Navigation, while as not touch screen, it does allow my passenger use it, while I'm driving.

Lemon
By Rhonda on 08/14/10 02:51 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thought BMW was a reliable, long lasting car manufacturer, but this adorable car has turned out to be a lemon. The car is very stylish, good body lines and just down right pretty. The auto convertible top is simple and quick to use and still leaves a roomy trunk. Bucket seats are about the most comfortable seats I've owned. Gas mileage is good 25+ mpg on highway and I'm a fast driver. Handling and braking performance are superior. But, it's been one thing after another, mirrors broke, wood look trim cracked, seat belt holders broke, interior door knob broke, window button broke, air vents in dash broke, in-dash cubbyhole storage compartment door broke, delay wipers erratic. Feel deceived

Last "classic" (e46) 3 series converts.
By pete on 11/18/08 12:21 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car! It's a "keeper" for sure. "ZHP" Performance Pkg (+$3900) makes the difference. Handles better than it's Miata predecessor, and is waaay more comfortable. Sure it's not a 300 hp twin turbo powerhouse. But it's such a balanced drive, perfectly mating the 3 liter 6 (235 hp) to the chassis and "M" suspension components. With the 6 spd. manual, we've seen 32 mpg when were forced to cruise down an Interstate. The final iteration of the E46 body, nicely rounded off (vs the angularity of E90s) just seems more appealing to the eye and the overall timelessness of the shape. Get one, if you're at all considering it!

Too Much Fun
By Nancy Lawson on 12/22/07 15:07 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 330ci in November 2006. It drives like a dream and because I am a rather short individual, the seats fit better and are more comfortable than any other vehicle I have ever owned. BMW must have listened because my car does not have run flat tires and I have a very quiet ride. I didn't think I would enjoy the convertible as much as I have. It is so easy to use that I take the top down every opportunity I get. I also have the interface for wireless blue tooth that provides total hands free driving. I am so spoiled, I will never have another car without it. Likewise, the heated seats are such a pleasure! Yes, I love my car.

Ditch run flats, then a great car
By BMW love, hate on 10/15/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I dreamed of owning a BMW for years. I finally bought a used one with 11,000 miles on it last year. What a disappointment. The road noise was horrible and the ride rough. I actually tried to take it back but couldn't. About 3 months ago, my wife got a flat tire and I decided to replace all four tire with regular tires. What a difference. We both love the car now. Ride is quiet and smooth. Totally different car. I bought a new rim and had one of the old run flats put on it and keep it in the trunk as a spare. I also bought a compact jack. Sure it takes up a lot of room and adds weight, but that's a small price to pay for totally changing this car from one I hate to one I love!

Love this car
By JimB on 08/28/07 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car fits like a glove - the minute I sit in it, my whole body relaxes. Quick, handles very well, the only problem is that it is so much fun to drive, I tend to drive it really fast. The styling is classic, timeless. I have the iPod interface and the Harmon Kardon stereo, and the sound is really good. The only complaint, and I knew this going in, was that the back seat is tight.

Hard to Beat
By JP on 10/06/06 05:38 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Superb handling convertible, especially with the six speed and performance package.

Fun, but totally impractical
By Debbie on 08/30/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my 330Ci convertible in March of this year and traded it in September. Part of the reason was a chance to own my "dream" car and an inability to justify owning two convertibles, but part of it was the sheer impracticality of the car. We couldn't fit two carry-on suitcases and two backpacks in the trunk, no one could comfortably ride in the back seat, there is very little storage space inside the vehicle and almost none that is secure if you leave the top down. The tires cost $355 EACH and apparently only last 8,000-10,000 miles - an added cost no one tells you about. The car was already recalled with a problem within 6 months. All in all it was fun to drive, but not worth it.

A Solid Luxury Performance Convertible
By SWFloridaBMWOwner on 03/02/06 06:23 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is without doubt, the best luxury performance convertible I have ever owned. I traded a Honda S2000 which I thourghly enjoyed as well, but I'm getting up there in years. I will miss the Honda but, NOT FOR LONG. We now own two BMWs; the X5 and this 330CIC; I think I can honestly say we are a BMW family from this point forward. Build quality is second to none and, based on our experience with the X5, we do not anticipate any problems service or performance wise.

Still The Best !
By andy on 10/31/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330Ci 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several sport coupes and convertibles in my 49 years as an auto enthusist. The BMW 3 series convertible is the best. A true pleasure and refined automobile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.