2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2006 Break My Wallet 330i Sedan
By tggary on 02/09/13 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 BMW 330i Sedan auto is a lot of fun to drive when it is operating without problems, Repeated ignition coil breakdowns, bad bushings, oil gasket leaks, run flat issues - all in 47K mileage range - I long for the '04 Jaguar X Type 3.0 which was totaled by another driver - it never broke down and was great on ice and snow too with the stock All Season tires. I do love the 330i, Black / Black Leather Premium Package and very quick, but it is just sad how the so called superior Bavarian Engineering is a joke. Then again, our 2002 Benz has been perfect to 87K, just tires, oil and brakes. Next time, I go Acura, Lexus, if Germanic - Audi or another Benz. BMW stands for Break My Wallet.

Too Sporty For Me
By snowtrax00 on 02/10/11 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a nice car and very fun to drive. It's very fast with great mileage. I get about 26mpg around town and 33 or 34 on the highway. The engine is quiet along with the cabin but the exhaust is too numb for me compared to the Infiniti. The sport ride is way too stiff even without runflats. The only reasons I wanted the sport package was for the better seats, steering wheel and rims but the ride is just awful, especially in the winter when the roads get bad. It's too small on the inside for three people and a little too small for two people. It's difficult to get into because it's so low but the driving position is fantastic but the previous generation G35 was much better.

You will not regret buying this car
By Chas on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Awesome car, I got the premium with the sport package or what not. I spent $45,000 cash - no finance. The car is great in all respects. Handling is unmatched in any car I've driven for the mid- century price point. I wish it was 300 HP but then I might have killed myself. The music system is the bomb. Car came with bluetooth and Ipod jack. Two power points. I got the all leather in gray. Still smells new after 42,000 miles.

BMW Owner Since 1995
By Michele on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned 2 and leased 6 BMWs since 1995. I love them so much I purchased the 2006 so I didn't have to turn it in after the lease expired. While the car is almost the same quality as all previous ones the run flat tires have been replaced with go flats along with a membership in AAA. Bumps make the car feel as though something will fall off or the tire will explode with the run flats. The rubber paint on the driver side door handle is peeled off and embarrassing but the car rides like a dream and I feel safe driving it. My only regret is that I chose to buy this one and not my previous 3 series. Local driving results in only 17 mpg but highway an outstanding 33 mpg.

330i - The best car I've ever owned
By Justin Long on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the 330i 6 spd manual with Sports package and navigation in January. This is my first BMW and I'm hooked. It's by far the best car I've ever owned in all aspects. Nothing was sacrificed to give perfect balance of performance and luxury. Plenty of HP and torque without the 335's twin turbos. 35 mpg on interstate and 22- 26 mpg city (depending on how you drive) I've put 20k miles in 8 months without any problems. There weren't run-flat tires on it when I bought it and I kept it that way. More comfortable ride without them. This is a must buy. Navigation is a little dated but was very detailed and only had issues not finding one location. Find a manual and DRIVE.

330i - my third and best BMW ever
By Luis on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my old 325i, could not believe I found this maxed-out 330i in like-new condition (kudos to previous owner). All 3-Series are great cars, but the 330i has great balance of luxury, performance, and economy (mpg). Looked for premium pkg only, but this also came with sport pkg and its awesome handling. Truly a "muscle car in a tuxedo". Standard BMW build quality and design, understated but comfortable seats & interior, a real driver's car. No substitute for RWD, near-perfect F/R weight balance, and very connected steering. Steptronic A/T is a delight for someone who is used to manual shifters only. Buy a clean used BMW instead of new Honda/Toyota/Chevy sedan, and you will never go back!

330i sport avg 22 mpg wow what a car!
By FLYfor God on 08/24/10 12:42 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have had a 325i Sport, 325i base and now a 330i Sport, I want to say that there is a wow factor between base and sport, I wish it wasn’t true but they are “two different cars”, my 325i avg 23-24 mpg unbelievable in my book, but with a slight lag on takeoff oh well the trade off is MPG, the 330i avg 22 mpg solid, hwy 75-80 28 mpg 65 mph-34 mpg and 60-35, I think for a 255 hp this is incredible, it has the bang when you hit it but from 1-10 mph yes it’s not a rocket ship but feel BMW did it right, it handles GREAT, maybe not like a G35 but that is a hard harsh ride , the 330i isn’t yet the 325 sport was harsh? I feel the 330i is worth the extra $, outside of a small lag you will love this car

Great Car
By 330i FL to MI on 08/12/10 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was reading some of the reviews and thought I would give my opinion. This car is like no other. I see complaints of tires, etc. Purchase the tire/wheel warranty. It will pay for itself after one nail in a tire. Also, buy CPO. The only thing not covered is a battery ($250), but the money you save otherwise can't be beat. I bought while living in Miami and was listed for 34,000 and walked out for under 25,000 with warranty that blows other makers away on a car with 24,000 miles. Yeah, its had some minor issues, but for me its the best car available for the money. This car will not disappoint other than snow. I will get snow tires this year.

Excellent driver though issues
By Romas on 06/23/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased first ever BMW, was a CPO with only 29k on odo and had sport, premium, & 6 sp manual. I love the handling, excellent brakes, seats fit perfect & logic7 is 100% better than stock system. Complaints-Reliability 1 mo had an exhaust camshaft sensor, 2 mo later rr rt wheel bearing day then 3 mo later lt rear wheel bearing. Spoke to1st owner & he had nothing to hide (accidents, hard driving etc). Run flats worst tires ever owned. Tram lining & wear are horrible. Suggest top rated A/S perf tires when replacing!! Reliability will determine if it's a keeper or seller at CPO end 2-12. Best ever daily driver if you can only own one car!

Still the best but has lost something.
By allan adderley on 05/28/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd 330i after a 2001 and 2002. Like the others this car had the Sports & Premium packages. Extra CPO warranty and bought tire & wheel insurance. Got an automatic after having 5 speeds because of my wife and regretted it immediately. New automatics are better but still don't have that "connected" feel of a manual. The handling is even better than previous models but didn't feel as fun to drive somehow. The car has definitely gotten bigger and heavier and you feel it. Some systems have almost gotten too complicated. Would have probably kept the car if it had a manual transmission but sold it at 38,000 miles. Now thinking about getting a 135i but the styling puts me off.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.