2006 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great driving car
By dic_camarillo on 08/25/14 22:29 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

We thoroughly enjoy our 2006 BMW 325i sedan. Ours has a sport package, which includes larger wheels (looks nice), sport steering wheel, but most important is the sport seats. Dual power seats with power side bolsters and manual seat bottom extenders. Compared to our 2009 328i (Premium - no sport), the seats on the '06 are so much better. The ride comfort isn't as good as the '09, but it's still good for a performance sedan. The fit and finish is still good, materials are very well made and have held up well. Paint still looks good, except for the repainted bumpers from a parking lot ding (factory paint is so much better than a body shop repair). Overall, we're very happy!

Suburb driving machine
By donkeypunch321 on 08/16/14 13:56 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The way this car pulls, brakes and handles is nothing short of perfection. After having this car in the shop (for water damage that was my fault) I got a 2010 Passat rental. I am glad I did as it just made me appreciate the performance of this BMW all the more. One major flaw though is that all the wiring is beneath the floor carpeting and the panels actually lead the water to the electrical wiring and modules (super poor design). So when I left my windows open and it rained, it fried my electrical wiring and burnt a hole in my carpet ($6000 bill). ***So make sure you get quality rubber mats to keep rain and snow from penetrating the carpet from your shoes or windows open when it rains.

Would not purchase another BMW
By h13cyl on 03/05/14 13:09 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. Have own many different type of cars and none have disappointed like this 2006 325I. Here is the history of the money pit; In 2006 I purchase a new 325I. The bad; head replaced, valve cover-broken bolts, door handle sticking, water pump, rear window replaced because of faulty defogger grid , rear windows sometime work, starter motor, ignition coils, less than 90k on my car. No more than a money pit. The Good; fun to drive.

The life of your car is dependent upon the way you maintain it.
By jatoops on 03/01/14 11:01 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've never read so many poor reviews on a vehicle that was the World Car of the Year for 2006 (its first year of production). I used to be a BMW service employee at Bill Jacobs BMW of Naperville. I saw countless '06 325i's and 330i's. Shockingly, the customers who performed recommended services at the right times rarely had complaints regarding the 3's reliability, and since returned to buy newer models. BMW's aren't made to be run into the ground by drivers who have zero regard for taking care of their car. I've loyally taken care of my car. It's 8 years old with 82,000 miles and all I've replaced unexpectedly is a taillight bulb. Take care of your cars, you'll be amazed at the difference.

Buy beware (BMW's are lemons)
By garyatvartac on 11/04/13 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My BMW is a maintenance night mare. I absolutely hate my car b/c it is as reliable as the wind. The craftsman ship of the 3 series is poor at best. My car started to pour not leak oil at around 59,000 miles. The entire cooling system failed at 90,000 miles. The car is a big money pit. The electric water pump on the car costs around 600 dollars and the thermostat is 150 at a discounted auto parts store. I paid 1200 at a indy shop to get the starter replaced. BMW is nothing but an over priced piece of junk.

Fun to drive but frequent fixes
By alphonsea on 05/28/13 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this 325i new in Oct. 2005 as a 2006 model. High on fun to drive meter but too many serious repairs. The car was great until about 75K miles. From 75k to 129k ignition coil failures, head bolt replacements, chipping paint, window motor failure, radio LED failure and sticky door handles. However I still love the car but not inclined to purchase another. I also had a 94 325 and a 97 525 which had less electronics but were more reliable.

Amazing performance, the true driving machine!
By at_car_guy on 05/13/13 02:37 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I owned the car for two years. The warranty and maintenance plan will help you not worry about its bills. It is an engineering marvel, it shows unmatched performance. It is in a level no other car in it's class could match. On the negative side, the interior is poor and has no sense of luxury. especially the door panels. Anywyas, keep in mind when buying from BMW dealers, that BMW Financial services is such as disgusting company to buy from! If not really into the car, I'd suggest opting for Mercedes C class, on performance it falls much shorter than the Bimmer, but it has a nice interior, it's more comfortable and Mercedes dealers and MB Financial service know how to treat people well!

Great Car but its all in the details
By rm332 on 05/03/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the entry point BMW, the 2006 325i. You can get them cheap. But this was the 1st year of the E90. This model was ambitious, alot of new technologies were introduced. The exterior redefined what cars look like. This car has a huge battery for the mind numbing amount of electronics. So the thing to keep in mind was it was the 1st year. Also know that BMW mechanic rates start at $90/hr. But the great thing is that all the diagnostic and repair software the dealers originally used is freely available to everyone on the web. I've diag problems, the VANOS and coil issues we've seen on here are extremely easy to fix. I have a fully loaded 2006 325i with no faults, 78K!

Love My Beamer
By mrlpn84 on 03/13/13 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 BMW 3 Series 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently purchased my black 2006 325i sport package blonde leather seats and lovvvve it. I came from a 06 Sonata and theres no looking back. I test drove the 07 clk 550 and almost got it until i spotted the Beamer and took a test drive, what a difference this thing handles like a dream and german built like a bank vault. It turns sooo many heads and the sound system is crazy. I only wished i had the 330 for the 255hp engine but whatever. Im hooked on BMW and will always own one.

2006 Break My Wallet 330i Sedan
By tggary on 02/09/13 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 BMW 3 Series 330i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 2006 BMW 330i Sedan auto is a lot of fun to drive when it is operating without problems, Repeated ignition coil breakdowns, bad bushings, oil gasket leaks, run flat issues - all in 47K mileage range - I long for the '04 Jaguar X Type 3.0 which was totaled by another driver - it never broke down and was great on ice and snow too with the stock All Season tires. I do love the 330i, Black / Black Leather Premium Package and very quick, but it is just sad how the so called superior Bavarian Engineering is a joke. Then again, our 2002 Benz has been perfect to 87K, just tires, oil and brakes. Next time, I go Acura, Lexus, if Germanic - Audi or another Benz. BMW stands for Break My Wallet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.