You know you want the convertible
By Lexventura on
2005 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
Have owned this gorgeous pre owned (CPO) car for a month now. I routinely get stopped in parking lots for questions. The style has aged so gracefully, many people think its a new car with the top down. Car is composed at all times. My first BMW (after Lexus, Acura), I didn't expect the hype to be true, but it is: the BMW ride is firm but forgivingly compliant at the same time. No lean, no roll but my wife likes the smoothness better than our Lexus. Car has new Michelin Pilots. Power is more than sufficient. On starting, the exhaust note is a pleasantly refined but assertive rumble. You do sit very low in this car, so be prepared to look up at nearly every other vehicle on the road.
Favorite Features
Top down, the car's lines are gorgeous. BMW ride and handling really are as good as the hype. Engine is refined, autotran is smooth. Automatic top is fast and easy. Here in SoCal, I only put the top up to park at work. Airflow is non-turbulent in front. Back seats are good for our 6 and 9 year old.
Suggested Improvements
All pretty minor: Getting used to the BMW's audible valve train at cold start-up. Programmed shift from 2nd to 3rd is too quick. Audio quality is only fair even with HK. Some cowl shake, a few creaks and rattles, and poorer vis (expected with a convertible, but drive one to see if these bother you).