2005 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: fun but expensive to drive

2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

330Ci Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

fun but expensive to drive
By agcanada on

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Germans know how to make a great driving car. The combination of ride and handling, performance and comfort has been elusive for North American and Asian car manufacturers alike - but the Germans have been doing it for years. I bought my 2005 330Ci M Sport used in 2013 with under 40K miles to replace my 2001 Porsche Boxster (also with 40K miles) because I needed a back seat for my kids in my summer daily driver. Having owned a BMW before, I knew I was getting into a high-maintenance car. In my experience, these cars cost more to run than modern Porsches. Be prepared to buy the parts and do the work yourself, or pay big labour bills.

Ride/handling trade-off, performance, classic BMW styling, assembly quality. Lots of fun to drive in the twisties.

The basic car is durable, but what BMW's definition of consumable is too broad, including the entire cooling system, suspension bushings, ball joints, etc. The company that makes a car drive like a BMW but reliable like a Honda or Toyota is going to make a killing!!