Not Again
By Not Again on
2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I traded in my 1998 honda accord coupe for a bmw 2005 325I. i am so disappointed, my car keeps shutting off while driving. I am amazed no one has slammed in to the back of me. Everyone tells me that the car won't start cause it sounds like it's starving for fuel, although there is plenty. I have had the fuel filters changed last year, again yesterday my car shut off while driving and had to be towed to my mechanic. I am becoming very concerned because i could be driving on the highway and all of a sudden it shuts off.
Suggested Improvements
Note, make the car like its design for women also. If you are a women and have fingernails you cannot pull the cigarette lighter out, we also need more storage in the car, like a hutch between the seats.
By unknown9
on 06/30/11 20:13 PM (PDT)

So I am looking at a 2005 325i with 60,000 miles and the current owner said that when he first purchased the car he had the problem with it just quitting on him. He had it checked out by a BMW mechanic but they could not find anything either. Have you had any luck with the car lately? Do you think the BMW is a car worth looking at? I have always loved the look of the 325i but have always went away from them due to all of the bad stories I have heard.

By heatherenea93
on 11/22/11 15:17 PM (PST)

unknown9. DO NOT GET A 2005 325I GET SOMETHING NEWER. SOMETIMES I SEEM TO THINK THEY MUST HAVE TRIED SOMETHING NEW ON THOSE YEAR MODELS. I HAVE ONE AND PAID 1,200 TO GET THE AIR FIXED THE GUY WHO FIXED HAD SAME PROBLEM WITH HIS CAR AND ITS A 2004 YR MODEL. NOT ONLY THAT TODAY I FOUND A NEW PROBLEM IT WAS SMELLING LIKE SOMETHING WAS BURNING IT SISNT SHOW IT WAS RUNNING HOT AND THE SMELL IS ONLY ON THE INSIDE. AND THE INTEROR SUCKS IN IT. EVERY 325I'S OR 2001-2005 FALLS OFF ITS TOO THIN. WAYYY TO THIN AND WHEN TRIED GLUED BACK IT SHOWS THREW IT. MOST EVERYONE WITH THAT PROB JUST RIPS OFF THERES. BUT I THINK IT LOOKS UGLY UNLESS THE CAR IS BLACK AND CHEAP LOOKING, IT LOOKS GOOD ON TINTED WINDOWS WITH A BLACK CAR BUT NO OTHER COLOR. I WISH I WOULD HAVE WAITED AND GOT A DIFFERENT MODEL