2005 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Not a muscle car -

2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Not a muscle car - a driving machine
By Brad on

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Needing a second commuter car and having owned BMW's before, I chose this high mileage 325i as my toy/commuter. It was not a mistake. After a thorough check up by a good BMW certified mechanic, I was off. Now after adding another 7k miles to it, still no problems. This car rips through the turns and has the size and punchiness to get through heavy traffic but gives u a thrill each turn when the road opens up. It's style is classic and turns heads in the parking lot and at street lights. This is a driver's car and it gives you a sense of control you won't get from any other "luxury" car. Some people won't like the firm ride, for others, that's what its all about - being one with the road.

Favorite Features

It's plain, simple yet elegant dash design lets you focus on the road with solid inputs from the tach and speedometer. This car was built for turns and precision driving and its handling has no equal. Very few cars can stay with me in a hairpin. That's where I lose the V8's and wannabe's.

Suggested Improvements

Needed about 50 -75 more hp. Better stock stereo - my guess is at 135 mph on the autobahn, the German engineers figured you wouldn't need the distraction.