2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
solid, fun to drive
By RTC on 03/22/05 23:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A dramatic change from the Lincoln Town Car I previously drove. The 325i corners beautifully. The automatic transmission changes gears so smoothly it is almost imperceptible. Ergonomics of the dashboard are excellent - its layout is intuitive. Truly a very well designed car.

I Love This Car!!!
By M. J. on 03/22/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I have ever purchased. My only regret was not doing it sooner. Words cannot do justice to the feel of this car, but it is superb. The 2.5 liter engine has enough power for me, and the interior and exterior design is timeless.

No Wonder the Others Have to Advertise!
By Treepusher on 03/14/05 21:58 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thirty-five years of GM, Volkswagen, and Japanese in my garage, and when it came time for a new ride, figured there'd be more of the same. Stumbled across a BMW dealer, stopped in for laughs. A minute in a 330i, and I stopped laughing. I had to have this car. It WANTS to go, and hang on to your hat, it's quick, not just fast, even without the performance package. Exhilarating to drive, handling must be experienced to be believed. Elegant simplicity to the interior design. Handsome exterior exudes class. HK sound system is nice, but the growl of the engine is the car's real music.

FunCar
By CarMan on 03/07/05 20:30 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A smooth engine and superb handling make this an enjoyable drive in town or out on the twisties. A somewhat dated design that still attracts attention.

BMW 330i
By Ryan on 03/01/05 16:53 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great sport performance car to drive, which makes long trips enjoyable. The seat extension for under the legs is awesome and very comfortable. The tight road handling is ideal for upper end highway driving (speeding!). Net - net awesome car that makes you want to run errands.

Point and shoot fun
By R. L. Swenson on 02/21/05 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is a driver's car. If a soft insulated ride is your cup of tea, try one of the other luxo-cruisers. But if you love outstanding handling, sportscar acceleration and some of the finest seats on the planet, look no further. Our 330i came with the sport package which includes the sport seats, performance tires and sport steering wheel. It also came with the premium and cold weather packages. The handling is on a par with the best sports cars on the market. Interior details are tailored to the enthusiast driver but the center console cup holders (when holding a beverage) can get in the way of the shifting arm. And shift you will!The fantastic Steptronic 5 speed automatic is wonderful.

Love My 325, Bunta, Torrance, CA
By Bunta on 01/30/05 13:02 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 325, more everytime I drive it. I have the leatherette interior, works for me because of my active life style. Stock springs are too soft, and the shifter is vague. I miss 2nd and hit 4th once in a while. Handles like a dream, doesn't lean and with rear drive it assume the classic neutral tail out just a little when pushed thru the twisties. Oh yes the wonderful song of the engine at full song. It has much more room than I am used to, after stepping out of a two seater. Let's see, don't I have an errand to run today? Can't wait to go for another drive. LOL

330i with Performance Package
By Fred on 01/27/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second 330. The first one had the performance package & cold weather package. This one has leather seats, Xenon headlights and heated seats -- but no cold weather package -- I do miss the headlight washers and drop down rear seat. However the handling and acceleration of my new 330 is a quantum leap above my first one. The 6 speed is much smoother and shorter than the 5 speed. Whereas the original had a softer ride, it had more body lean -- in the 330i PP you really feel much more in contriol as you take tight corners at speed -- and it defintiely sticks you back in the seat when you accelelrate. They're both great models --this as close to an M3 as you can get with 4 doors

So far so fun
By Koho17 on 01/27/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the 2005 330xi for just two weeks. Each time I get behind the wheel it is more enjoyable than the last. It has exceeded my expectations and can only hope it delivers reliability in the future. Although ownership has been brief, I have been nothing but impressed with the product.

Fun-to-drive
By HeyMario on 01/20/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This thing is all about driving fun. If you're looking for a car that will please the passengers, look elsewhere, but for the driver, you don't need to look any further. The power from the 2.5L engine is surprisingly good considering it's modest power ratings. The handling, of course, is second to none. We own a 1999 BMW 540i with the Sports package, but this 3-series is alot more fun to play with, especially on winding roads.