2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
GREAT CAR
By rick on 05/24/05 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Our second new BMW purchase in two weeks! I traded my Toyota Solara on a new 05 325Ci Sport, automatic, Alpine white, Sand interior. My wife loved the car so much more than her 05 Mercedes Benz C-230 Sport, that we traded the Benz on a new 2005 BMW 325I. Orient Blue, Sand interior, automatic, Premium. We both agree the 05 Looks and feels more like a traditional BMW than the 06. The Mercedes was a wonderful car, no complaints, but does not have the refinement, comfort, or power of the BMW. We love both of these new Bimmers

2005 BMW 325xi
By Terry on 05/18/05 20:44 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Back in my twenties my ride was a Porsche 911S and I developed an appreciation for German engineering. Years later, the Porsche long-gone, I wanted a sporty but luxurious ride. That is the definition of a BMW sedan. It really brought back memories about what DRIVING a car was all about. It's gorgeous, too. Contrary to previous reviewer, I really appreciate the rain sensor wipers (intermittent wiping speed automatically adjusts to how much rain is hitting the windshield), the automatic headlights (never have to worry about leaving them on), the auto-tilt side mirror (it tilts down so you can see the curb when you parallel park).

High Quality
By engineer1 on 04/24/05 16:41 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car (325i sedan) 5 months ago with almost no options except for automatic transmission. The A/C is fast and cold compared to my '04 Toyota's. The variable-valve 6-cylinder engine gives you enough power when you need it. Steering and ride handling is a 10 out of 10. The rims get a little dirty each week from the brake dust, but that is nothing new. The car is black and very good-looking. The standard leatherette is refined and very comfortable. Rear-passenger room is superior to its competitors, head-room is very good.

Love my new Bimmer!
By RyanB on 04/16/05 10:05 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325xi is simply the best buy all-around in a sedan on the market today. Besides having the aura of BMW that says, "I've arrived", this car is reliable, comfortable, luxurious, sporty and very easy on the eyes. I love the heated seats, the all-wheel drive provides excellent traction in all weather conditions and the braking and handling on this car is superior to anything else I've ever driven. The five-speed is smooth and sporty, and nothing beats the sound of an inline 6 rowing its gears! To truly understand the overall experience of BMW engineering, you have to drive one yourself. The fit and finish is immaculate, and the full maintenance package makes this a phenomenal buy!

ZHP option is the way to go!!!
By Eduardo on 04/16/05 01:48 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my 2004 330i with the ZHP (Performance Package) option. This automobile handles and is more responsive than a stock 330i (even compared to a 330i with the ZSP (Sport Package). The 'M' interior and exterior trim really make this 330i stand above all the other 330i's. The massive Michelin Sport wheels stick to the ground like glue. Cornering is amazing. I LOVE this automobile. A nice balance of performance and styling.

2005 330i Sedan
By Ryan O on 04/15/05 18:59 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Just purchased an 05 330i Sedan and love it. Great blend of power, style, and grace. Took a road trip with the car after the first week and averaged 27.7 miles per gallon over the 550 mile trip! Almost as good as a Honda! The automatic is very smooth and the xenon lights do a great job of lighting up the road. The car feels very solid and road noise is very minimal. If I had the funds, I would probably opt for the performance package as well, but it depends on what you are looking for if it's right for you. I would recommend the 330i sedan to everyone who doesn't mind paying the premium for owning a well designed automobile.

BeamAH
By Chet on 04/06/05 17:19 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Solid and fun. This car is so tight it feels like I am driving on rails. I will never buy another domestic vehicle.

330i no extras
By Dave on 04/02/05 14:30 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive! Although I've had a couple minor issues that were covered under warranty, nothing major, it still feels like a solid, reliable car . Interior design could be a little more convenient... ie, cupholders seemed like an after thought. For the price, should include more extras... ie sport seats, fold down rear seat, alarm.

Blast to Drive
By Robert Baker on 03/29/05 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW but it won't be my last. My wife and I have had so much fun driving this automobile, I used to think that a car always needed power to have fun but the way the car handles is remarkable. I have not had the car long enough to gauge the reliability but so far so good.

Tim's Review of his 330xi
By Tim on 03/25/05 09:33 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car! It is fun to drive and safe. With the AWD, I feel secure in snow and rain. I would recommend this car to anyone.