Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love at first drive
By masdriver

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a BMW for a long time and I finally got rid of my old car and bought a certified pre-owned 2005 330xi. I could not be happier. I was driving a Subaru and (as expected) the experience is completely different. The ride is smooth but I have complete control, the gas mileage is solid but it has plenty of power, and, despite the reviews, I am very pleased with the Harmon Kardon sound system. Now I just have to quit my job so I can spend all day driving!

Everything

Easier and more effective iPod integration. I am just going to go with an FM transmitter

Always the Ultimate Driving Machine
By Sean

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a BMW owner for many years and will only ever buy myself a BMW. My 2005 325i with the sport package is the best one to date. I had a 1990 325i and loved that car but this is a true joy to drive. I bought my 325i new and have had no issues with it, she has been very reliable and kept me happy on many road trip. The power and balance are perfect for a car like this, its fun but not so much to get you into trouble. I am very complimentary of my car and will be sad to see her go next year when I take delivery of the new V8 M3 Coupe!

Sport suspension. This car is one of the finest handling cars I have ever driven.

6th gear would have been nice for highway cruising but not so much that its a complaint.

Buy it if you are thinking about it
By dbmw

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever owned and it performs wonderfully both in town and on the open road.

Speed.

Cup holders are hard to maneuver.

My new (sort of) BMW
By PeterK

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the car. I think that purchasing a car like this comes with the understanding that you are getting into a "drivers" car. It may not have the softest seats but they are supportive and hold you well while you carbe the corners with this amazing car. The handling is outstanding for a 4 door sedan. I have the 17" wheels with the upgraded suspension and the ride is firm just the way "I" like it. To me its almost perfect. With that im mind you should buy what you need/want. If you buy this car expecting something other then BMW, it will not work for you and you will not be happy. I am absolutely crazy about the car. Very well done VW. Just enough power to make driving just great.

Handling, braking, steering in general, seat comfort and support, body styling, sound system is great, great headlight with good night time visibility, and I do love the great dash colour at night... it's clear and easy on the eyes.

Im sure there are always areas for improvement. Exhaust note is nice but could be a bit more deep from the factory. Not too much, just a bit. Factory tinted glass would be great... not sure if its available.

New to me!
By bg

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 325xi with 34k miles. I took her on a trip from CT to NC (with 2 other people in the car and luggage) and got 481 miles to the tank. That's 32 mpg! What a great car! I would totally recommend getting one! So much fun to drive!

AWD, Sport package, getting about 32 mpg, heated seats, sunroof!

Slightly bigger trunk, and a standard trip computer with mpg & miles until empty feature (I have that on my M3).

• SUV