Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Never anything but BMW!!!!!!!
By CDAUSMC

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this machine (cannot call a BMW a car). I purchased a pre-owned BMW for value and price. I use the 325xi for daily driving and I enjoy the rides to work and elsewhere. It has speed when I want it and it is great to cruise in. Absolutely beautiful design interior and exterior, leather seating and sharp looking instruments. Engine sounds incredible and the AWD corners like it is on rails. Are there faster cars, yes, but not as sleek and stylish as this BMW. AWD is great for severe rain and snow 15000 m oil changes and routine maintenance are not issues. Machine runs beautifully and feels strong, sound and safe. Do not mind buying premium gas. BLUF: Machine is amazing.

Driving/speed, control, sound of the engine, safety features, overall look of the vehicle.

Factory window tint would be nice.

True drivers car
By euroman71

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Not sure if I'd ever be able to switch to any other brand. For the past 10 years wanted a 3-series and finally got a used one with 22K miles that just came off lease. What a car. For sure, an 'ultimate driving machine'. Styling, handling, precision, power, fit and finish, and fuel economy, all outstanding. It's tough to stay under the speed limit, the car just wants to go. Only one comment is that since this is a rear wheel drive car, handling in the snow is not great. Next time, I'll have to go for an all wheel drive.

Styling, seat comfort, interior layout and fit and finish, visibility, fuel economy, precision, refinement

None

Meditation
By al

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I took the German delivery and picked up my 2005 325i in Munich at the factory. I drove it for two weeks through Europe - some at max speed. The car has now 58K miles, every single one has been a love affair. I had an Acura that started to shake when I went over 85 miles. When I maxed out my BMW in Europe, ca 135 miles, it felt like meditation. Perfectly calm, stead, and totally focused. Back in the US I feel I am just using the top of the iceberg but that is fun, too. I love the tight cornering and the knowledge that the car has untapped reserves. This is my third BMW and by far the most reliable. Zero repairs so far.

I bought the rock bottom version, and there are no features to brag about. I love the rock bottom safety and firmness with which it handles. The rain sensors are terrific! (I live in upstate NY where it seems to rain all the time.)

Small things: better cup holders, more glove space, more durable floor mats.

Luxury and Performance
By Aowilliams

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After having reached 50,000 miles, the car is still fantastic and has been thus far trouble free. It is highly stable at highway speeds (and beyond) and is sensational in corners. It's a great driving experience with nice luxury features that make it a joy to drive to the market or across country.

All wheel drive, luxury interior, performance, gas mileage.

Rear seat cupholders, rear climate, less noticeable rear window defrost lines.

GREAT CAR!
By kmill

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first luxury car and I want to drive BMWs for the rest of my life! This car is the best vehicle I've ever had, it handles well and hugs the road. The car is solid! It doesn't like stop and go traffic, it likes to take off on the highway (anything above 50 mph). I don't get great fuel mileage on the city streets, but the highway mileage is very good. I will keep it two years and then go for the 5 series. It's not that roomy inside especially if you have tall or large people in your family, but perfect for me as a second car. This is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Drives well - heat and air conditioning work well.

Could use a little more room inside and a compartment under the armrest.

• SUV