2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Is that the New 3????
By Lisa Z. on 07/10/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I get that question just about every day. I love my New 3. I had a 2001 322i before I bought the new 2006 model. The new sleek style is great - lots of bells and whistles when you purchase the navigation and other upgraded packages. I love the new dash, the absence of all that trim, the bluetooth technology... I don't particularly care for the cup holders in the front, how easily the material around the gear shift scratches or the four plugged holes in the rar bumper - but overall I enjoy the ride.

Puts the Fun Back in Driving
By TDS on 06/15/05 23:51 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After a very bad experience with faulty brakes on my Infiniti G35, I was looking for a new car. I never expected to find a car that could possibly replace my G, but this is it. It is a tight well made vehicle that really is fun to drive. Due to my job, I log a lot of hours, but this car makes it easy to hit the road again.

What a Ride!
By Jim Seeberger on 06/12/05 14:09 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a Honda or Toyota product (was leaning towards the Avalon) until I took the wheel of a 2005 BMW 325i. There was just no comparison! The 325i was far superior in drive, ride, and comfort (to say nothing of its sharp look!) to any of the Honda and Toyota products I drove - - and I have great admiration for Honda & Toyota (my previous car was a Toyota). If you want to step up into a whole new realm of driving, do yourself a favor and take a look at the 325i. You'll be glad you did!

Great car even for a busy mom with kids
By rob4kari on 06/12/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. It has great acceleration and the braking is very quick. The only thing I don't like is lack of storage for things like sunglasses/cell chargers/cd's etc. It needs a center console that is bigger. Gas mileage is o.k. The back seat can be a bit crowded if you want large adults in the back. I have two car seats in the back and it works out perfect.

Awesome!
By Gabriele on 06/12/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted to make sure that I bought a 2005 before the new model year came out this summer. I really like that style and with the incentives that were given to "move them off the lot", I was able to get a BMW for about 30K. It's the silver with the premium package. Plus with the maintenance thrown in for 4 years, 50 k miles - it was an offer that I just could not refuse. The car is awesome to drive, gas mileage is okay - it would probably be better if I drove it more conservative but then what's the point in driving the ultimate driving machine if you're not going to kick it once in awhile.

Driving is fun again.
By Don on 06/08/05 09:19 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Having to drive many Kilometers in and around Calgary Alberta, one quickly discovers the absolute joy this car provides to the driver! I never thought a car could be so fun to drive, no matter what the weather or traffic volume presents. The feel of the road and instant communication between driver and machine...the instant response of the 184 BHP at the wheels, and for an allwheel drive vehicle still in it's break in period, the power and performance is exciting. BMW should have put a speed minder as one feels the car get smoother at speeds 145KM's/Hr., making it very easy to exceed the speed limits here on our 110 KM/Hr highways.

It's a great car and you know it
By MarcS on 06/01/05 16:34 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought the '05 325i in Alpine White. It is a classy, sexy looking car, a real head-turner. I have heard remarks that some like the 05 body style better than the new 06, and I agree. I love the two-tone leather interior (sand with black accents). The seats are incredibly comfortable (even better than my wife's SAAB 9-5). Handles like a dream, suspension is TIGHT and steers nimbly. Turning radius is incredible! I hear some people remarking that it needs more power. These egomaniacs need to ease up - exactly how fast do you need to go on a public road? This car will do 120mph+ easily. That seems sufficient to me. If power is your poison, buy some souped-up rustbucket from the seventies.

Enjoying the 325xi
By Rodo on 05/30/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an outstanding vehicle. Solid, well balanced and fun to drive. Excellent handling and pickup for a small car. The only real complaint is the lack of cupholders and storage compartments.

There's no going back!
By beamerlover on 05/28/05 18:46 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent auto. Though it's a nightmare to steer it in the winter if you live on the East Coast...I would suggest getting the AWD model. Otherwise, the car has been a dream!

Ultimate Driving Machine!!!
By gary on 05/24/05 17:20 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Amazing vehicle! Consider the M Performance Pkg., extra horsepower, plus M3 handling pkg in a 4-door. BIG wheels and tires, firm sport suspension and HUGE brakes makes this a true driver's machine. Haven't had this much fun in years!!! Also, the standard stereo is awful, so consider an upgrade (although the high-end stereo is standard in 2006). Yes, the new 2006 is a great car, but if you can find a "leftover" 2005 with the M Sport or M Performance package, don't miss it!!!