2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Is that the New 3????
By Lisa Z.

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I get that question just about every day. I love my New 3. I had a 2001 322i before I bought the new 2006 model. The new sleek style is great - lots of bells and whistles when you purchase the navigation and other upgraded packages. I love the new dash, the absence of all that trim, the bluetooth technology... I don't particularly care for the cup holders in the front, how easily the material around the gear shift scratches or the four plugged holes in the rar bumper - but overall I enjoy the ride.

Puts the Fun Back in Driving
By TDS

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After a very bad experience with faulty brakes on my Infiniti G35, I was looking for a new car. I never expected to find a car that could possibly replace my G, but this is it. It is a tight well made vehicle that really is fun to drive. Due to my job, I log a lot of hours, but this car makes it easy to hit the road again.

Favorite Features

Cornering, handling, ease of driving, ergonomics of drivers cabin, and zenon lights.

Suggested Improvements

Add a compass, I know that this sounds minor. But truly nothing else comes to mind.

What a Ride!
By Jim Seeberger

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was in the market for a Honda or Toyota product (was leaning towards the Avalon) until I took the wheel of a 2005 BMW 325i. There was just no comparison! The 325i was far superior in drive, ride, and comfort (to say nothing of its sharp look!) to any of the Honda and Toyota products I drove - - and I have great admiration for Honda & Toyota (my previous car was a Toyota). If you want to step up into a whole new realm of driving, do yourself a favor and take a look at the 325i. You'll be glad you did!

Favorite Features

On board computer lets you know how many more miles you can go until the gas tank will be empty. Right rear view mirror automatically angles down when you put the car into (R)everse so that you don't rub against the curb. Free maintenance for 4 years or 50,000 miles. Rain sensor is great, too.

Suggested Improvements

Beverage holders for rear seats.

Great car even for a busy mom with kids
By rob4kari

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. It has great acceleration and the braking is very quick. The only thing I don't like is lack of storage for things like sunglasses/cell chargers/cd's etc. It needs a center console that is bigger. Gas mileage is o.k. The back seat can be a bit crowded if you want large adults in the back. I have two car seats in the back and it works out perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Middle console needs to be bigger.

Awesome!
By Gabriele

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I wanted to make sure that I bought a 2005 before the new model year came out this summer. I really like that style and with the incentives that were given to "move them off the lot", I was able to get a BMW for about 30K. It's the silver with the premium package. Plus with the maintenance thrown in for 4 years, 50 k miles - it was an offer that I just could not refuse. The car is awesome to drive, gas mileage is okay - it would probably be better if I drove it more conservative but then what's the point in driving the ultimate driving machine if you're not going to kick it once in awhile.

Driving is fun again.
By Don

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Having to drive many Kilometers in and around Calgary Alberta, one quickly discovers the absolute joy this car provides to the driver! I never thought a car could be so fun to drive, no matter what the weather or traffic volume presents. The feel of the road and instant communication between driver and machine...the instant response of the 184 BHP at the wheels, and for an allwheel drive vehicle still in it's break in period, the power and performance is exciting. BMW should have put a speed minder as one feels the car get smoother at speeds 145KM's/Hr., making it very easy to exceed the speed limits here on our 110 KM/Hr highways.

Favorite Features

Self leveling/auto Xenon's, Rain sensing wipers, auto opening windows/sunroof on warm days, the power adjusting/ memory seats (comfy) which recline far enough back for my taller wife (she loves it), on board computer which monitors outside temp, average fuel consumption

Suggested Improvements

I've heard that Germans smoke while they drive to work and we drink Starbucks, so I see that the cup holders have been improved slightly in the new 2006 3 Series, would like an upright cargo net for the trunk, not just a tie down version.

It's a great car and you know it
By MarcS

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought the '05 325i in Alpine White. It is a classy, sexy looking car, a real head-turner. I have heard remarks that some like the 05 body style better than the new 06, and I agree. I love the two-tone leather interior (sand with black accents). The seats are incredibly comfortable (even better than my wife's SAAB 9-5). Handles like a dream, suspension is TIGHT and steers nimbly. Turning radius is incredible! I hear some people remarking that it needs more power. These egomaniacs need to ease up - exactly how fast do you need to go on a public road? This car will do 120mph+ easily. That seems sufficient to me. If power is your poison, buy some souped-up rustbucket from the seventies.

Favorite Features

Hands-free on board phone system is Bluetooth equipped, so you can use any cell phone and control it from the steering wheel. Fuel economy is sometimes even better than EPA average. Ride is so smooth that you tend to forget your speed. This classic beauty seems to get glances wherever I go.

Suggested Improvements

A little more room for rear-seat passengers. I don't drive with passengers or have kids, so not an issue for me. It is what it is.

Enjoying the 325xi
By Rodo

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an outstanding vehicle. Solid, well balanced and fun to drive. Excellent handling and pickup for a small car. The only real complaint is the lack of cupholders and storage compartments.

Favorite Features

Handling and driving experience.

Suggested Improvements

More storage spaces (2006 appears to address this somewhat).

There's no going back!
By beamerlover

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent auto. Though it's a nightmare to steer it in the winter if you live on the East Coast...I would suggest getting the AWD model. Otherwise, the car has been a dream!

Favorite Features

On-Board computer. Tilting side-mirror when in reverse. Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the rear.

Ultimate Driving Machine!!!
By gary

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Amazing vehicle! Consider the M Performance Pkg., extra horsepower, plus M3 handling pkg in a 4-door. BIG wheels and tires, firm sport suspension and HUGE brakes makes this a true driver's machine. Haven't had this much fun in years!!! Also, the standard stereo is awful, so consider an upgrade (although the high-end stereo is standard in 2006). Yes, the new 2006 is a great car, but if you can find a "leftover" 2005 with the M Sport or M Performance package, don't miss it!!!

Favorite Features

Suspension. Brakes. Steering. M3 interior (with Montana leather) is great!

Suggested Improvements

I love it just as it is!