2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Buy it if you are thinking about it
By dbmw on 07/02/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Best car I've ever owned and it performs wonderfully both in town and on the open road.

My new (sort of) BMW
By PeterK on 06/16/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the car. I think that purchasing a car like this comes with the understanding that you are getting into a "drivers" car. It may not have the softest seats but they are supportive and hold you well while you carbe the corners with this amazing car. The handling is outstanding for a 4 door sedan. I have the 17" wheels with the upgraded suspension and the ride is firm just the way "I" like it. To me its almost perfect. With that im mind you should buy what you need/want. If you buy this car expecting something other then BMW, it will not work for you and you will not be happy. I am absolutely crazy about the car. Very well done VW. Just enough power to make driving just great.

New to me!
By bg on 04/21/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2005 325xi with 34k miles. I took her on a trip from CT to NC (with 2 other people in the car and luggage) and got 481 miles to the tank. That's 32 mpg! What a great car! I would totally recommend getting one! So much fun to drive!

New to me!
By bg on 03/24/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I picked up a used 2005 325xi with 34k miles. Silver-gray metallic with the sport package. What a great car! Handles beautifully! Decent gas mileage as well (overall 22 / 28+ on hwy). Classic BMW style and comfortable too. Go and get one!

My BMW
By rose on 06/14/07 22:41 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have not had my car very long but the few days I have had it I will say I LOVE IT. I have owned many cars in my life and this one is by far is one of my favorites. I love driving this car. I get 26.5 miles per gal but that is better than my other car. I do wish that it was more like 35 per gal but that is the only down side. No biggie, still great fuel economy by far.

Not a good car
By cao on 02/02/07 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

As a new car with decent pricing, the car is not up to the standard: 1) encountered a total electronic system shut-down during a freeway driving. After that, the dealer couldn't figure out the problem; 2) fuel tank has to be replaced after 13K miles, due to its inherent defect (unspecified). After replacement, it is still having trouble taking a full tank. 3) air condition/heater never seems to be working complete fine in "auto" mode.

AMAZING CAR
By BIMMERLOVER on 10/27/06 08:59 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I used to drive a VW Golf, but always wanted a BMW. Purchased a 325i 4dr sedan and its amazing. 5 speed, Bright Red, low suspension, 17 sport rims, sport package, heated seats.. great drive and safety.. gas mileage is good

330i with mp package
By rayc on 10/13/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is a dream come true! Excellent power, excellent handling, outstanding braking power. I love this vehicle.

Excellent
By chris870 on 04/23/06 11:44 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great car - handles better than my Audi S4, great in the snow thru 2 winters, and excellent build quality. Highly recommend it to anyone.

A REAL car that suits me perfectly
By Carlman on 01/11/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned several cars over the past 10 years. All were new compacts. I wanted something that could take passengers to lunch for business but was fun to drive, reasonable gas mileage, and was quiet and comfortable for long trips. I got it all in spades with the 325i I bought. I bought a base model which had more features than I wanted. Finding a manual tranny on a 325i is tough. I replaced the wood trim with aluminum and it looks fantastic. I love the sound of the engine, the handling, the intuitive nature of the controls, and everything about this car. I couldn't be happier with my decision.