2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Ultimate Driving Machine
By St. Marc on 12/22/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked the fully loaded 2005 BMW 330ci silver metallic model with sport package, bluetooth, heated seat, IPod, etc...From brand new now at 80,000 miles has no issue other than oil change at 15,000 miles vs 3,000 miles. Got service 2 done at 65,000 miles everything thing is in perfect condition. The low profile tires do wwear out fast. This is my 3rd set of tires since '05. Again, these are performance tires rated. The leather seats are comfortable plus heated seats are a must when driving to a snow country. Love driving to the wine country and 3.0 and V6 power is no problem. At 24 mpg on average isn't too bad either.

Does not get any better then this
By only one. on 12/19/09 19:34 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this BMW 325xi with only 9000 miles on it, not even broke in. First snow and drove real nice. I live in Ohio so I need the awd. Wanted one for years and found this car and my lord with only 9000 miles on could not pass it up it is the light green color. Not many with that color. What a dream. That is all I can say. And the warnty runs till 12 23 2011. At no cost to me.

Our Florida Dream Car
By Frankie. & Sue on 09/02/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having recently moved down to St. Petersburg, Florida from Collingswood, New Jersey, my wife and I decided to trade in our boring 2005 Camry XLE for a Certified Previously Owned 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible. It is our first Beemer/Bimmer and we love it! There is definitely a reason they call it the Ultimate Driving Machine. It is that incredible connection to the road. Hugging the road as if on a rail and its smooth strong power make a good driver into an excellent driver. This is why it is always #1 in all the car mags...try one and you will be spoiled. It is our Florida Dream Car!

Ultimate driving machine!
By Matt on 09/01/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is truly a spectacular car. I bought it as a second car to use as a commuter vehicle between New Orleans and Houston. The car gets great gas mileage while delivering spectacular performance at the same time. It handles well and just has a rock solid feel to everything. I used to have a Jaguar X-type and this car just runs circles around it... so far, very happy. I hope to have this car for many years to come.

I love this BMW
By H&H on 08/02/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this BMW 330XI used with 14000 miles on it. I have been driving this car for one year, no problem appeared. The car is very fun to drive, I feel very safe driving this car, it is heavy and it grabs the road very well unlike the Toyota which I traded in, we love it very much. My son and I had a lot of fun driving it from Canton OH back to Buffalo NY that day. This car is very responsive, very reliable. The dealership is very friendly in my city. I will recommend this car to all my friends. My next car will be another BMW. However, I don't like the style in new model of 3 and 5 series, the rear looks ugly.

Fun car. Nice well-rounded vehicle
By Nathan on 08/01/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Could use a little more power, but handling is excellent and corners like it's own rails. Very smooth and gets decent gas mileage (25 mpg combined @ 70% highway). Fun to drive on rolling hills and winding roads. Not great in snow, but not terrible either (if you know what you're doing). Cup holders aren't that bad. No major problems, but an occasional slight whistle from driver window (I think) and, separately, from climate system. BMW couldn't identify the former and the latter started after warranty expired. Neither occurs often, but a bit annoying when they do. It was in a accident before I bought it though,so all things considered, I'm satisfied. Not perfect, but well-rounded and fun.

You know you want the convertible
By Lexventura on 05/26/09 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned this gorgeous pre owned (CPO) car for a month now. I routinely get stopped in parking lots for questions. The style has aged so gracefully, many people think its a new car with the top down. Car is composed at all times. My first BMW (after Lexus, Acura), I didn't expect the hype to be true, but it is: the BMW ride is firm but forgivingly compliant at the same time. No lean, no roll but my wife likes the smoothness better than our Lexus. Car has new Michelin Pilots. Power is more than sufficient. On starting, the exhaust note is a pleasantly refined but assertive rumble. You do sit very low in this car, so be prepared to look up at nearly every other vehicle on the road.

Never anything but BMW!!!!!!!
By CDAUSMC on 04/23/09 18:26 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this machine (cannot call a BMW a car). I purchased a pre-owned BMW for value and price. I use the 325xi for daily driving and I enjoy the rides to work and elsewhere. It has speed when I want it and it is great to cruise in. Absolutely beautiful design interior and exterior, leather seating and sharp looking instruments. Engine sounds incredible and the AWD corners like it is on rails. Are there faster cars, yes, but not as sleek and stylish as this BMW. AWD is great for severe rain and snow 15000 m oil changes and routine maintenance are not issues. Machine runs beautifully and feels strong, sound and safe. Do not mind buying premium gas. BLUF: Machine is amazing.

True drivers car
By euroman71 on 04/15/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Not sure if I'd ever be able to switch to any other brand. For the past 10 years wanted a 3-series and finally got a used one with 22K miles that just came off lease. What a car. For sure, an 'ultimate driving machine'. Styling, handling, precision, power, fit and finish, and fuel economy, all outstanding. It's tough to stay under the speed limit, the car just wants to go. Only one comment is that since this is a rear wheel drive car, handling in the snow is not great. Next time, I'll have to go for an all wheel drive.

Meditation
By al on 02/17/09 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I took the German delivery and picked up my 2005 325i in Munich at the factory. I drove it for two weeks through Europe - some at max speed. The car has now 58K miles, every single one has been a love affair. I had an Acura that started to shake when I went over 85 miles. When I maxed out my BMW in Europe, ca 135 miles, it felt like meditation. Perfectly calm, stead, and totally focused. Back in the US I feel I am just using the top of the iceberg but that is fun, too. I love the tight cornering and the knowledge that the car has untapped reserves. This is my third BMW and by far the most reliable. Zero repairs so far.