2005 BMW 325xi
By Terry on
2005 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
Back in my twenties my ride was a Porsche 911S and I developed an appreciation for German engineering. Years later, the Porsche long-gone, I wanted a sporty but luxurious ride. That is the definition of a BMW sedan. It really brought back memories about what DRIVING a car was all about. It's gorgeous, too. Contrary to previous reviewer, I really appreciate the rain sensor wipers (intermittent wiping speed automatically adjusts to how much rain is hitting the windshield), the automatic headlights (never have to worry about leaving them on), the auto-tilt side mirror (it tilts down so you can see the curb when you parallel park).
Favorite Features
BMW full maintenance (FREE for four years), BMW road-side assistance (like On-star) FREE for first year, GREAT ride, beautiful styling. A joy to drive. Xenon headlights, Harmon-Kardon stereo very worthwhile extras.
Suggested Improvements
A little underpowered for my taste. First gear a little "short". I will be trading up to a 330xi when my lease is up, although I hear the 2006 3s are better performers. Don't expect great gas mileage (I get about 20 mpg around town). BMWs cost more, but I to me it's worth it.