Used 2005 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Super Little Coupe!
By Niels Leppert

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Positives: Smooth and steady power, silky gearbox, and better than advertised fuel efficiency. Dead solid road manners, cat-like road stance...A/C holds up to the Florida summer heat, wipers and xenons take care of the Florida rain...my wife is sold on her little coupe...and no trips to the dealer for silly stuff. Thumbs Up! Negatives: You gotta reach waay back to grab the seat belt.

Precision Machine
By lucid

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely fun to drive. The steering is razor sharp and extremely responsive. The suspension is tuned perfectly; right comprise between performance and comfort. The engine sounds like a Me109. Everything in this car comes across as intentional and well thought through. Also, the reviewers who are complaining about more room in the back are missing the point: this is meant to be a coupe, and for a coupe, it has plenty of room in the back and trunk space (compare it with other sports coupes). If you really want more room in the back, be realistic and buy a sedan.

Favorite Features

Driving feel. Steering response. DSC-- saved me on several occasions (you can turn it off if you want). The dash layout. Ergonomics. Free revving engine.

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to realize the competition is providing much more horsepower for the buck. I don't want to be left behind by a $20k Dodge if I pay $35 for a BMW. Either supercharge this engine or increase the displacement. The 2006 improvements are nice with the super- light engine parts, but not enough.

Head Turner
By Dub

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

These cars are nice, this is my second 3 series Ci and I really enjoy driving it. The fun factor is the selling point. Mechanically, they need some improvement. I have an 05 325ci that has 4k on it. Already my windows squeak, my back shocks squeak and the windows don't seel real well. I have taken top care of the car, so it is nothing on my end...

Favorite Features

Styling, performance, auto lights and wipers

Suggested Improvements

Seats, too many buttons and levers, harmon kardon system (don't spend the extra money) too many squeaks, very annoying on a $35k car w/ 4k in miles

Great car
By rick

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Traded my 05 Toyota Solara (HATE IT) on an 05 BMW 325Ci. Automatic, Sport pack, Alpine White, Sand interior, BEAUTIFUL CAR! The coupe is very comfortable yet feels very athletic and solid. It feels as if the car were machined from a solid piece. The interior is comfortable, well thought out, the wood trim is not overdone. I located exactly the one I wanted by internet,and went 650 miles one way to make the trade. During the test drive my wife loved the car so much that we also made a deal on an 05 325I for her. Next week we traveled the 1300 miles again to trade her 05 Mercedes C-230 Sport. The MB was a great car but the BMW blows it in every respect. Love the Bimmers, test drive a sedan too.

Favorite Features

Awesome styling, comfort, solid feel, love the overall material quality, fit and finish. Advice, test drive a sedan too it has a whole different presonality.

Suggested Improvements

Nit-picking. Because of the coupes longer doors, the belts are a bit hard to reach. Foot pedal E-brake rather than hand E-brake would allow for impoved cup holders and center arm rest. Quieter Tires.

I think everyone should drive this car.
By LBaquiran

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The ultimate driving machine? Pretty darn close. Excellent ride and handling. Quality and craftmanship is one of the best in class. May not be the quickest in its class, but who cares you wanna be seen in this car anyway.

Favorite Features

Ride quality and how much I feel safe driving this car.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little more horsepower but I guess I should have gotten the 330ci.