2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Not a muscle car - a driving machine
By Brad on 01/17/10 06:22 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Needing a second commuter car and having owned BMW's before, I chose this high mileage 325i as my toy/commuter. It was not a mistake. After a thorough check up by a good BMW certified mechanic, I was off. Now after adding another 7k miles to it, still no problems. This car rips through the turns and has the size and punchiness to get through heavy traffic but gives u a thrill each turn when the road opens up. It's style is classic and turns heads in the parking lot and at street lights. This is a driver's car and it gives you a sense of control you won't get from any other "luxury" car. Some people won't like the firm ride, for others, that's what its all about - being one with the road.

Blast to drive but tons of problems
By ross on 12/27/09 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive but I have had numerous problems. 45k headliner began sagging 47k both front door window cables had to be replaced 50k rear doors began leaking rainwater (vapor barrier) 70k hood mounted logo fell off 72k oil sending unit replaced 73k o2 sensor replaced.

Ultimate driving machine!
By Matt on 09/01/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is truly a spectacular car. I bought it as a second car to use as a commuter vehicle between New Orleans and Houston. The car gets great gas mileage while delivering spectacular performance at the same time. It handles well and just has a rock solid feel to everything. I used to have a Jaguar X-type and this car just runs circles around it... so far, very happy. I hope to have this car for many years to come.

Fun car. Nice well-rounded vehicle
By Nathan on 08/01/09 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Could use a little more power, but handling is excellent and corners like it's own rails. Very smooth and gets decent gas mileage (25 mpg combined @ 70% highway). Fun to drive on rolling hills and winding roads. Not great in snow, but not terrible either (if you know what you're doing). Cup holders aren't that bad. No major problems, but an occasional slight whistle from driver window (I think) and, separately, from climate system. BMW couldn't identify the former and the latter started after warranty expired. Neither occurs often, but a bit annoying when they do. It was in a accident before I bought it though,so all things considered, I'm satisfied. Not perfect, but well-rounded and fun.

True drivers car
By euroman71 on 04/15/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Not sure if I'd ever be able to switch to any other brand. For the past 10 years wanted a 3-series and finally got a used one with 22K miles that just came off lease. What a car. For sure, an 'ultimate driving machine'. Styling, handling, precision, power, fit and finish, and fuel economy, all outstanding. It's tough to stay under the speed limit, the car just wants to go. Only one comment is that since this is a rear wheel drive car, handling in the snow is not great. Next time, I'll have to go for an all wheel drive.

Meditation
By al on 02/17/09 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I took the German delivery and picked up my 2005 325i in Munich at the factory. I drove it for two weeks through Europe - some at max speed. The car has now 58K miles, every single one has been a love affair. I had an Acura that started to shake when I went over 85 miles. When I maxed out my BMW in Europe, ca 135 miles, it felt like meditation. Perfectly calm, stead, and totally focused. Back in the US I feel I am just using the top of the iceberg but that is fun, too. I love the tight cornering and the knowledge that the car has untapped reserves. This is my third BMW and by far the most reliable. Zero repairs so far.

GREAT CAR!
By kmill on 11/11/08 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first luxury car and I want to drive BMWs for the rest of my life! This car is the best vehicle I've ever had, it handles well and hugs the road. The car is solid! It doesn't like stop and go traffic, it likes to take off on the highway (anything above 50 mph). I don't get great fuel mileage on the city streets, but the highway mileage is very good. I will keep it two years and then go for the 5 series. It's not that roomy inside especially if you have tall or large people in your family, but perfect for me as a second car. This is a wonderful vehicle!!!

Always the Ultimate Driving Machine
By Sean on 07/14/08 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a BMW owner for many years and will only ever buy myself a BMW. My 2005 325i with the sport package is the best one to date. I had a 1990 325i and loved that car but this is a true joy to drive. I bought my 325i new and have had no issues with it, she has been very reliable and kept me happy on many road trip. The power and balance are perfect for a car like this, its fun but not so much to get you into trouble. I am very complimentary of my car and will be sad to see her go next year when I take delivery of the new V8 M3 Coupe!

My new (sort of) BMW
By PeterK on 06/16/08 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I absolutely love the car. I think that purchasing a car like this comes with the understanding that you are getting into a "drivers" car. It may not have the softest seats but they are supportive and hold you well while you carbe the corners with this amazing car. The handling is outstanding for a 4 door sedan. I have the 17" wheels with the upgraded suspension and the ride is firm just the way "I" like it. To me its almost perfect. With that im mind you should buy what you need/want. If you buy this car expecting something other then BMW, it will not work for you and you will not be happy. I am absolutely crazy about the car. Very well done VW. Just enough power to make driving just great.

Not a good car
By cao on 02/02/07 10:11 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

As a new car with decent pricing, the car is not up to the standard: 1) encountered a total electronic system shut-down during a freeway driving. After that, the dealer couldn't figure out the problem; 2) fuel tank has to be replaced after 13K miles, due to its inherent defect (unspecified). After replacement, it is still having trouble taking a full tank. 3) air condition/heater never seems to be working complete fine in "auto" mode.