Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best bang for the buck sports coupe
By bimmerreaper5

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Trans Ams, Corvettes, and other American sports cars and decided to step it up in quality. Having test driven Mercs and other import sports coupes, there isn't another car I would have over this one. The power in 6th gear when on the highway is still responsive enough to pass with and doesn't need a lower gear. The sport package makes this car handle just as good stock for stock against a corvette and will surprise you with its acceleration despite its small horsepower number. I continue to get 30mpg at high speeds on the highway which is simply indescribable. It is a BLAST to drive and puts my previous V8's to shame in fun to drive yet it's docile enough to commute in.

Motor, suspension, comfort (superb), MPG, Harmon/Kardon stereo, sport seats.

Tires stink in the rain. Continentals should never have been put on this car. Great grip in the dry but I'm sure they probably need to be rotated very quickly.

Anticipation
By John Smith

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a fun, vehicle with outstanding performance look no further. This car hugs the road with impressive handling but is so quiet inside you can hear even a pin drop. The interior is nicer than most apartments. Reliability and safety are BMW top priority, just look at all the safety specs and insurance discounts. You must drive one of these!

Bluetooth, sunroof.

Put bluetooth speaker on driver side, system to remind youof how close you are getting to a parking curb as it is so low to the ground.

A real Bahn-stormer!
By kenneth

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car when we were stationed in Germany and it has been absolutely terrific. The brakes are phenomenal at autobahn speed and the engine is silky smooth. Build quality is excellent. The car is very agile and the steering is almost telepathic. We have been extremely pleased at the fuel mileage both in Europe and here in the States. All in all a wonderful car and a joy to drive!

Engine, transmission, brakes, adaptive headlights.

A little more power would always be appreciated but it does very well passing at highway speeds.

Sporty car
By Nicole

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, I said for my 25 b-day I will get one and I did. I have always loved bimmers. It's a nice ride and the sport seats are great for my back. The only down side is it takes a lot of gas, but hey its a bmw not my old 04 honda civic, in l.a. traffic.

Sport package, prem package.. love how the seats fit to your back and the SOS system is wonderful and love the 05 body style. I like the white lights not the old orange ones.

Should come standard with an alarm and heated seats for a 36k car. Plus the windows do make a lot of noise and I only have about 500 miles on my 325ic.

Super Little Coupe!
By Niels Leppert

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Positives: Smooth and steady power, silky gearbox, and better than advertised fuel efficiency. Dead solid road manners, cat-like road stance...A/C holds up to the Florida summer heat, wipers and xenons take care of the Florida rain...my wife is sold on her little coupe...and no trips to the dealer for silly stuff. Thumbs Up! Negatives: You gotta reach waay back to grab the seat belt.