2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Precision Machine
By lucid on 07/06/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely fun to drive. The steering is razor sharp and extremely responsive. The suspension is tuned perfectly; right comprise between performance and comfort. The engine sounds like a Me109. Everything in this car comes across as intentional and well thought through. Also, the reviewers who are complaining about more room in the back are missing the point: this is meant to be a coupe, and for a coupe, it has plenty of room in the back and trunk space (compare it with other sports coupes). If you really want more room in the back, be realistic and buy a sedan.

Head Turner
By Dub on 07/01/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

These cars are nice, this is my second 3 series Ci and I really enjoy driving it. The fun factor is the selling point. Mechanically, they need some improvement. I have an 05 325ci that has 4k on it. Already my windows squeak, my back shocks squeak and the windows don't seel real well. I have taken top care of the car, so it is nothing on my end...

great drive and looks but poor quality
By mikeo on 06/17/05 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

While I love the performance and looks I will never buy another BMW. The quality is poor from interior lining peeling, excessive tire wear, rough ride and poor electronics. I wanted to look at 06 330 sedan but decided on a Lexus. Not as sporty but quality is there. Why else does BMW offer 48 months maintenance free except to cover their poor quality.

Great car
By rick on 05/24/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Traded my 05 Toyota Solara (HATE IT) on an 05 BMW 325Ci. Automatic, Sport pack, Alpine White, Sand interior, BEAUTIFUL CAR! The coupe is very comfortable yet feels very athletic and solid. It feels as if the car were machined from a solid piece. The interior is comfortable, well thought out, the wood trim is not overdone. I located exactly the one I wanted by internet,and went 650 miles one way to make the trade. During the test drive my wife loved the car so much that we also made a deal on an 05 325I for her. Next week we traveled the 1300 miles again to trade her 05 Mercedes C-230 Sport. The MB was a great car but the BMW blows it in every respect. Love the Bimmers, test drive a sedan too.

I think everyone should drive this car.
By LBaquiran on 04/16/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The ultimate driving machine? Pretty darn close. Excellent ride and handling. Quality and craftmanship is one of the best in class. May not be the quickest in its class, but who cares you wanna be seen in this car anyway.

bmwci
By Jon on 03/18/05 19:06 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

great design & style. Unbelievable drive from this car. Exterior is beautiful and always a head turner.

330Ci - Excellent Choice
By Bill on 02/24/05 09:50 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I previously owned a a 2001 325i (manual) sedan, and wanted more of a sporty car, so I picked the 330Ci (premium package, cold weather package, and sport package, steptronic). The handling makes this car, and horsepower makes a big difference. Steptronic in manual mode is a nice change from regular auto. Interior screams luxury. Best sports car I have owned.

330CI Excellent Choice
By Bill on 02/24/05 09:50 AM (PST)

Great car
By Vroom2 on 02/03/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my E36 for this one and all that was wrong with the old one has been fixed with this model. Much better trim quality and power delivery than previous model. Definitely the best car I've ever owned and the most fun and stylish way to get from A to B.

Buyer Beware
By Cathy Berenberg on 01/14/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been both thrilling and disappointing. My complaint is that the front end is too low and scrapes against the speed bumps in my parking garage. I had a Chrysler Sebring some years ago that was lower and although there were scratches on the underbelly it didn't do any further damage. Unfortunately, the plastic in this car is inferior and has ripped loose three times within the last four monthes. First, the front bumper had to be replaced when the plastic brackets snapped off at a cost of over $800 to me. The second time, the temperature sensor came loose and scraped the street until the wires were stripped bare. It's now happened again!