Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best car ever!
By Draw214

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently traded in my 2007 Chrysler 300 for a 2005 BMW 330CI Convertible. I know some of you may be thinking, "why would you trade a 2007 for a 2005?". In my case, I wanted something that was both Sportier and more Luxurious than the base model 300. This car "fits the bill" and more than I could have ever expected. I have owned SEVERAL Sports Cars and Luxury Cars, and this car is BY FAR the best of both worlds. It had relatively low mileage (60K) for a 2005, and is a Certified Pre Owned, with the 100K warranty and maintenance package intact. You cannot get a better, more rounded car for the money ($20K) spent, in my honest opinion. I was never a BMW fan, UNTIL NOW!

Favorite Features

Beautiful interior and exterior. Awesome design and engineering both mechanically and aesthetically. Convertible is a MUST! Even after 6 years old, this car looks, runs and handles like no new car I have ever owned/driven. The 100K warranty and maintenance package covers EVERYTHING besides tires.

Suggested Improvements

Small back seat, even for my kids who are 5 and 7 years old. But this car is for ME, the kids can ride in the Expedition :oD The convertible top makes noises, and the leather on the seat bolsters gets worn easily, but are both covered by warranty and will be repaired/replaced. I LOVE THIS CAR!

Worlds Worst Vehicle
By lknarea

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Do not get me wrong, Really Nice "Looking" Car. That is it ,though. Rides like a board, Problems with top, Ac, Wheel Bearings, Alignment issues, Power windows stopped working all under 40k miles. German engineered junk. Same as a VW. Problematic. Unreal for a $50k new price tag. So dissapointed, I sold it and lost $10k, But ius what worth it because I figured That would be the cost of a few Scheduled Maint. intervals. Seriously, No Joke, My wife loved the looks, But PLEASE, PLEASE trust me, It will be a Bad mistake to purchase one.

Favorite Features

looks, That is it.

Suggested Improvements

Build Quality Ride Ground Clearance -- ripped off spoiler twice-- Engineering

Our Florida Dream Car
By Frankie. & Sue

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having recently moved down to St. Petersburg, Florida from Collingswood, New Jersey, my wife and I decided to trade in our boring 2005 Camry XLE for a Certified Previously Owned 2005 BMW 330Ci Convertible. It is our first Beemer/Bimmer and we love it! There is definitely a reason they call it the Ultimate Driving Machine. It is that incredible connection to the road. Hugging the road as if on a rail and its smooth strong power make a good driver into an excellent driver. This is why it is always #1 in all the car mags...try one and you will be spoiled. It is our Florida Dream Car!

Favorite Features

Superb Handling and Power, Great Looks, Quiet Convertible, Great Sound System, Friendly & Responsive BMW Service.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to improve upon perfection.

You know you want the convertible
By Lexventura

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have owned this gorgeous pre owned (CPO) car for a month now. I routinely get stopped in parking lots for questions. The style has aged so gracefully, many people think its a new car with the top down. Car is composed at all times. My first BMW (after Lexus, Acura), I didn't expect the hype to be true, but it is: the BMW ride is firm but forgivingly compliant at the same time. No lean, no roll but my wife likes the smoothness better than our Lexus. Car has new Michelin Pilots. Power is more than sufficient. On starting, the exhaust note is a pleasantly refined but assertive rumble. You do sit very low in this car, so be prepared to look up at nearly every other vehicle on the road.

Favorite Features

Top down, the car's lines are gorgeous. BMW ride and handling really are as good as the hype. Engine is refined, autotran is smooth. Automatic top is fast and easy. Here in SoCal, I only put the top up to park at work. Airflow is non-turbulent in front. Back seats are good for our 6 and 9 year old.

Suggested Improvements

All pretty minor: Getting used to the BMW's audible valve train at cold start-up. Programmed shift from 2nd to 3rd is too quick. Audio quality is only fair even with HK. Some cowl shake, a few creaks and rattles, and poorer vis (expected with a convertible, but drive one to see if these bother you).

Doesn't get any better.
By captainmp

2005 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

A classy, sports sedan. Puts a Porsche to shame. Beautiful, powerful, sure handling - great soft top with more quiet than most sedans. Take regular care of it and it'll probably outlive you and still remain fun!

Favorite Features

Handling, power beauty.

Suggested Improvements

Drink holders - suspect BMW doesn't waste much time on these little conveniences because most people are too busy driving it to be drinking something. Drive it, pull over, rest and relax with a civilized beverage!