2005 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great car
By Vroom2 on 02/03/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Traded my E36 for this one and all that was wrong with the old one has been fixed with this model. Much better trim quality and power delivery than previous model. Definitely the best car I've ever owned and the most fun and stylish way to get from A to B.

I love my 330CiC
By jspringstun on 02/01/05 08:28 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. It was what I wanted for my 16th birthday, and what I was able to purchase for myself for getting into graduate business school. I could not have made a better investment. Not only is the car responsive in its handling but also an eye catching beauty. BMW also strives to employ the best in customer service, so even when there is a minor adjustment to be made, it's still an enjoyable experience.

Love My 325, Bunta, Torrance, CA
By Bunta on 01/30/05 13:02 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 325, more everytime I drive it. I have the leatherette interior, works for me because of my active life style. Stock springs are too soft, and the shifter is vague. I miss 2nd and hit 4th once in a while. Handles like a dream, doesn't lean and with rear drive it assume the classic neutral tail out just a little when pushed thru the twisties. Oh yes the wonderful song of the engine at full song. It has much more room than I am used to, after stepping out of a two seater. Let's see, don't I have an errand to run today? Can't wait to go for another drive. LOL

330i with Performance Package
By Fred on 01/27/05 15:42 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second 330. The first one had the performance package & cold weather package. This one has leather seats, Xenon headlights and heated seats -- but no cold weather package -- I do miss the headlight washers and drop down rear seat. However the handling and acceleration of my new 330 is a quantum leap above my first one. The 6 speed is much smoother and shorter than the 5 speed. Whereas the original had a softer ride, it had more body lean -- in the 330i PP you really feel much more in contriol as you take tight corners at speed -- and it defintiely sticks you back in the seat when you accelelrate. They're both great models --this as close to an M3 as you can get with 4 doors

So far so fun
By Koho17 on 01/27/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned the 2005 330xi for just two weeks. Each time I get behind the wheel it is more enjoyable than the last. It has exceeded my expectations and can only hope it delivers reliability in the future. Although ownership has been brief, I have been nothing but impressed with the product.

Fun-to-drive
By HeyMario on 01/20/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This thing is all about driving fun. If you're looking for a car that will please the passengers, look elsewhere, but for the driver, you don't need to look any further. The power from the 2.5L engine is surprisingly good considering it's modest power ratings. The handling, of course, is second to none. We own a 1999 BMW 540i with the Sports package, but this 3-series is alot more fun to play with, especially on winding roads.

Buyer Beware
By Cathy Berenberg on 01/14/05 12:31 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with this car has been both thrilling and disappointing. My complaint is that the front end is too low and scrapes against the speed bumps in my parking garage. I had a Chrysler Sebring some years ago that was lower and although there were scratches on the underbelly it didn't do any further damage. Unfortunately, the plastic in this car is inferior and has ripped loose three times within the last four monthes. First, the front bumper had to be replaced when the plastic brackets snapped off at a cost of over $800 to me. The second time, the temperature sensor came loose and scraped the street until the wires were stripped bare. It's now happened again!

A Great Sports Sedan!!
By arkdiablo on 01/12/05 09:05 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned several cars and this has to be the best. I recently sold my Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe 6MT and bought the 330i with the performance package and 6MT. There is no comparison! The 330i handles better in the rain soaked streets of Arkansas then the Infinti ever thought about on dry pavement. I am not your average driver with several driving schools and driver's training through enforcement. I can tell you the 330i is worth the extra bucks not only for its performance but also the build quality and ergonomics of the interior. The Infiniti, one had to constantly hunt for the desired controls. If you are into driving, the BMW is the car for you!

incredible car
By Chris on 01/12/05 01:54 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 325CiC. Just traded my 2001, 5 speed(M) for 2005 automatic. Best car I have ever owned. Only gripe is the nav system. Free service is great. Typical german build quality. 2001 had a few minor problems but nothing major; BMW covered everything, even a ripped seat seam and cracked wood at 37000 miles. Amazing! Won't be my last assuming they don't go too far out in left field with the styling of this cars replacement. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

2005 BMW 325i
By huntster on 01/07/05 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great Car all around! Good performance, style, and luxury.