Used 2005 BMW 3 Series 325xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

If you want value, don't buy a BMW, lease it instead
By hmellem

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a new BMW 325xi in the spring of 2005. It ran great the first 4 years without many problems. Then when the warranty expired 4 years later it all went south. My bills at the mechanic (not the dealership) were regularly in the thousands, not hundreds. I had to have the control arms replaced twice--fortunately the second time was under the mechanic's warranty. I then had to put about $3K into the engine 7.5 years after buying it. Finally the last straw was when the control arms had to be replaced for the third time. Got me for a tie rod assembly too-- almost $3K. This car is like an abusive spouse. Each time I thought it would be the last expensive repair. It never was.

Update: Ultimate Costly Machine
By l3323

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Update: I have had my car for about four years now and this car is very fun to drive, the handling is undescribable. However, this car is not reliable in any way. I realize that BMWs are meant to be toy cars- just cars you keep in the garage and drive on the weekends. I have drain sooo much money into this car, that I could have possibly bought another car-cash. I purchased my car at 60k and only placed an additional 65k since getting the car. Suspension goes out completely, window strips wears easily, and to top it off the windshield motor has gone up. I have spent annually 2k a year in repairs. BEWARE! I am going to a Acura in a couple of weeks, is it a BMW? No, but at least its reliable

Suggested Improvements

Reliablity, when people spend alot of money on a car, they expect for the car to have minimal problems for the first 100k.

Car great , reviewers bad
By dice6

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have added a second BMW to my stable and this one was a gamble. 146k miles but it looks like it just left the showroom. How many cars can still handle like new after this kind of mileage? Reviewers complaining about their car turning off or tires that need replacing or khigh cost of oem parts should get a clue. Get a good mechanic. Buy tires when worn ( hey it's not unusual), check into replacement parts if genuine BMW or oem parts give you $ agita. What about the guy that just figured out that a rear wheel drive sucks in snow?? Hey, ever heard of the all wheel drive xi model??? Lexus? You want a cushy drive? Get a bigger car but don't try to compare these to Japanese cars Ugh

Does not get any better then this
By only one.

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this BMW 325xi with only 9000 miles on it, not even broke in. First snow and drove real nice. I live in Ohio so I need the awd. Wanted one for years and found this car and my lord with only 9000 miles on could not pass it up it is the light green color. Not many with that color. What a dream. That is all I can say. And the warnty runs till 12 23 2011. At no cost to me.

Favorite Features

Heated seats. Hid lights rear seats fold down.

Suggested Improvements

nothing

Never anything but BMW!!!!!!!
By CDAUSMC

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this machine (cannot call a BMW a car). I purchased a pre-owned BMW for value and price. I use the 325xi for daily driving and I enjoy the rides to work and elsewhere. It has speed when I want it and it is great to cruise in. Absolutely beautiful design interior and exterior, leather seating and sharp looking instruments. Engine sounds incredible and the AWD corners like it is on rails. Are there faster cars, yes, but not as sleek and stylish as this BMW. AWD is great for severe rain and snow 15000 m oil changes and routine maintenance are not issues. Machine runs beautifully and feels strong, sound and safe. Do not mind buying premium gas. BLUF: Machine is amazing.

Favorite Features

Driving/speed, control, sound of the engine, safety features, overall look of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Factory window tint would be nice.