Used 2005 BMW 3 Series 330xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
best car
By jacob20

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

i bought my 2005 bmw 330xi in 2010 with 80k on it it ran just like new the only thing i had to do to maintain it was change the tires and brakes which in any car you have to do. now today it has 125k on it and it runs better than ever this is a great reliable car and fun to drive it wont let you down

I love this BMW
By H&H

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this BMW 330XI used with 14000 miles on it. I have been driving this car for one year, no problem appeared. The car is very fun to drive, I feel very safe driving this car, it is heavy and it grabs the road very well unlike the Toyota which I traded in, we love it very much. My son and I had a lot of fun driving it from Canton OH back to Buffalo NY that day. This car is very responsive, very reliable. The dealership is very friendly in my city. I will recommend this car to all my friends. My next car will be another BMW. However, I don't like the style in new model of 3 and 5 series, the rear looks ugly.

Favorite Features

Safety, responsiveness, fun to drive, quality.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system, use Bose sound system wound be better. Fuel efficiency.

Love at first drive
By masdriver

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have wanted a BMW for a long time and I finally got rid of my old car and bought a certified pre-owned 2005 330xi. I could not be happier. I was driving a Subaru and (as expected) the experience is completely different. The ride is smooth but I have complete control, the gas mileage is solid but it has plenty of power, and, despite the reviews, I am very pleased with the Harmon Kardon sound system. Now I just have to quit my job so I can spend all day driving!

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Easier and more effective iPod integration. I am just going to go with an FM transmitter

Luxury and Performance
By Aowilliams

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

After having reached 50,000 miles, the car is still fantastic and has been thus far trouble free. It is highly stable at highway speeds (and beyond) and is sensational in corners. It's a great driving experience with nice luxury features that make it a joy to drive to the market or across country.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, luxury interior, performance, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat cupholders, rear climate, less noticeable rear window defrost lines.

Awesome!
By fiatluxphoto

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

All in all this is an awesome car. Ride is a bit stiff over MNs many chuck holes. This could be the suspension option but the 3 series model is known for this trait. It matters more to me since its difficult 'for me' to manually shift between gears moving over a rough road. Its sporty suspension makes handling/cornering great The stereo sound quality is incredible but the radio/ipod interface need improvement. Its basic and you cant tell what song you have playing on your ipod on the radio display. Just playlist/track (01-001 etc) Other than that, its a great ride. Quiet. Fast. Relatively efficient and very very reliable. The missed 10s are my personal opinion. They may not matter to you

Favorite Features

The AWD is terrific. Being in MN a rear wheel drive car can be difficult to get around in the ice and snow. This car climbs right up an icy hill from a dead stop. The AWD does not seem to affect the turning radius. Parking is sharp. On the freeway or smooth roads the car is elegant and wonderful.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the large red LED from the rear view mirror. There is no need for it there and I feel it looks obtrusive. The AWD reduces 0-60 times but not by much.