Used 2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Love my Beamer baby!! =)
By ShaQuan Stone

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

So far Ive had my car for almost 3 months I have driven a few other cars but the driving of a Bmw omg! This car flies and it feels like youre gliding very good on gas $35 to fill the tank drop top roof and heated leather seats

Fun first car
By Brandon

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 05 325xi auto runs like a champ! 176k on the odometer mainly highway miles by the previous owner. It was purchased with 171k. I am the second owner and the exterior is beautiful, interior is a little worn but expected of an 11 year old car. Performance wise it gets up and goes at peak power but nothing crazy. I have a tendency to let that inline 6 scream. Overall great car! I've owned for a year with minimal cost of maintenance except typical breaks, fluids, etc. does leak oil but is typical from this generation.

I love my BMW!
By Pjustice

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car! It rides beautifully, quietly, and accurately. I bought it on eBay from just a picture and it was such a great purchase. When I saw her, I fell in love. I don't want to sell her, but I think I need to get my life back and I need the money. Whoever gets this car is going to be very happy.

Like new
By cartoff

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have just bought an 05 325I with automatic and manual override, 77,000 k, and it literally looks and drives as if I have just taken delivery of a new vehicle. The leatherette interior is immaculate with no signs of wear that you would have from leather. It drives like a dream and looks great. At the price I paid I feel like I won the jackpot

Automatic climate control, ease of adjusting the sound quality, and the power seat adjustments

None for now

E46 - The Good and the Bad
By mrmagoo157

2005 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife bought a used '05 325i in mid '09 with 80k miles. There were a few minor things the car needed and I am a former mechanic, so I had checked the car over well enough to know it wasn't in terrible shape. The issues were minimal at first but then the list started and hasn't stopped. We have put 60k miles on this 9 year old car and have done the following; various plastic clips/parts all over the car, windshield washer pump, coolant hoses and expansion tank, oil filter housing gasket, front control arm bushings, belt tensioners and idlers, A/C evaporator core, transmission service, two window regulators, fuel pump & filter, etc. I could go on but I'm out of space. Plan on spending a lot.

Nice short trip road car, not so great for longer distances. The ride is stiff and so are the seats. Handles very well, drives like a dream but the cost of ownership is pretty high. Very reliable engine but don't neglect the cooling system. Overall, a decent car but not what I expected.

Where to start? Too much use of plastic in some critical places - coolant fittings and elbows, water pump pulley!, etc. The car sold for over $35K in late '04, one would expect some repairs but this has been excessive in my opinion. I've owned other German, Japanese, and American vehicles but I think this one may have been the costliest to keep going, and I am doing 95% of the work myself...