Used 2005 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Ultimate Driving Machine
By St. Marc

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked the fully loaded 2005 BMW 330ci silver metallic model with sport package, bluetooth, heated seat, IPod, etc...From brand new now at 80,000 miles has no issue other than oil change at 15,000 miles vs 3,000 miles. Got service 2 done at 65,000 miles everything thing is in perfect condition. The low profile tires do wwear out fast. This is my 3rd set of tires since '05. Again, these are performance tires rated. The leather seats are comfortable plus heated seats are a must when driving to a snow country. Love driving to the wine country and 3.0 and V6 power is no problem. At 24 mpg on average isn't too bad either.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Ipod, heated seats, stereo system, and sport package.

Ready to TRADE!
By Money Guzzler

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 and 2wks after purchase I had a ton of issues. Had new engine dropped in the car after purchase due to dealership negligence. After the repairs I have had minor issues nothing major. So far I have spent about $500 on repairs not covered under warranty so I consider myself lucky compared to most 3 series owners. Just dropped $800 on new tires and now need an alignment that will total about $240. This car looks nice and rides sweet, but once they go down you're out of luck! The maintenance is absolutely ridiculous and the rear wheel drive is CRAP in snowy weather. So I have decided to trade this money guzzler in for a low maintenance ride.

Favorite Features

Sport seats, handling (especially on curves), sound system, horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

What is the large red LED light on rear view for, it's useless and ugly. Also needs about 20 hp more horse :)

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Doc M

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having read car magazine reviews on the BMW 3 series since childhood I had always wondered if they were truly as good as advertised. After having a 330Ci for the past 5 years, I can attest to you that they definitely are. This car is amazing - a perfect balance of sport and luxury, utterly dependable, well built, and low maintenance. I have not had a single problem with the car, and it still looks great. Very functional - I use it to commute to work and occasionally take it on cross-country moonlighting gigs. It is a joy to drive, and can actually carry quite a bit with the rear seats down. Fit and finish is outstanding.

Favorite Features

Balance of luxury and sport, safety features, acceleration, gas mileage, fit and finish, reliability

great drive and looks but poor quality
By mikeo

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

While I love the performance and looks I will never buy another BMW. The quality is poor from interior lining peeling, excessive tire wear, rough ride and poor electronics. I wanted to look at 06 330 sedan but decided on a Lexus. Not as sporty but quality is there. Why else does BMW offer 48 months maintenance free except to cover their poor quality.

Favorite Features

performance and looks

Suggested Improvements

start building better quality in your cars from interior to electronics or you'll need a 6 year maintenance free warranty to sell your cars!

Best bang for the buck sports coupe
By bimmerreaper5

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Trans Ams, Corvettes, and other American sports cars and decided to step it up in quality. Having test driven Mercs and other import sports coupes, there isn't another car I would have over this one. The power in 6th gear when on the highway is still responsive enough to pass with and doesn't need a lower gear. The sport package makes this car handle just as good stock for stock against a corvette and will surprise you with its acceleration despite its small horsepower number. I continue to get 30mpg at high speeds on the highway which is simply indescribable. It is a BLAST to drive and puts my previous V8's to shame in fun to drive yet it's docile enough to commute in.

Favorite Features

Motor, suspension, comfort (superb), MPG, Harmon/Kardon stereo, sport seats.

Suggested Improvements

Tires stink in the rain. Continentals should never have been put on this car. Great grip in the dry but I'm sure they probably need to be rotated very quickly.