2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
perception is the name of the game
By nigthhawk779 on 10/29/11 05:36 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned it since new. It was maintained by the dealer of course until 50,000 which came quickly. The only two complaints that I have is that the skip plate is too fragile. If it touches the curb it will come off and sometimes you drive over the parts before you know it is failing. ($700.00) each time. So you learn not to park near the curb. A few times preminum gas was not available had to use 1/2 & 1/2. The back seat is hard to get any use out of. THe seat belt sets too far behind you when you first egage it. People (service personnel) are always surprised that it takes 8 guarts of oil.

Fun
By anieddu on 03/22/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive. It is truly a "handling" car. It is a bit underpowered at times, but the precision steering through the turns makes up for it. The reliability is a bit questionable. I've never had a serious problem with it, but little nagging things at times. All covered under warranty but still annoying. Would definitely buy another one. They are that much fun and they look classy even in an older body style.

Anticipation
By John Smith on 03/31/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a fun, vehicle with outstanding performance look no further. This car hugs the road with impressive handling but is so quiet inside you can hear even a pin drop. The interior is nicer than most apartments. Reliability and safety are BMW top priority, just look at all the safety specs and insurance discounts. You must drive one of these!

A real Bahn-stormer!
By kenneth on 01/28/07 16:16 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car when we were stationed in Germany and it has been absolutely terrific. The brakes are phenomenal at autobahn speed and the engine is silky smooth. Build quality is excellent. The car is very agile and the steering is almost telepathic. We have been extremely pleased at the fuel mileage both in Europe and here in the States. All in all a wonderful car and a joy to drive!

Sporty car
By Nicole on 12/24/05 04:03 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, I said for my 25 b-day I will get one and I did. I have always loved bimmers. It's a nice ride and the sport seats are great for my back. The only down side is it takes a lot of gas, but hey its a bmw not my old 04 honda civic, in l.a. traffic.

Super Little Coupe!
By Niels Leppert on 10/10/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Positives: Smooth and steady power, silky gearbox, and better than advertised fuel efficiency. Dead solid road manners, cat-like road stance...A/C holds up to the Florida summer heat, wipers and xenons take care of the Florida rain...my wife is sold on her little coupe...and no trips to the dealer for silly stuff. Thumbs Up! Negatives: You gotta reach waay back to grab the seat belt.

Precision Machine
By lucid on 07/06/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely fun to drive. The steering is razor sharp and extremely responsive. The suspension is tuned perfectly; right comprise between performance and comfort. The engine sounds like a Me109. Everything in this car comes across as intentional and well thought through. Also, the reviewers who are complaining about more room in the back are missing the point: this is meant to be a coupe, and for a coupe, it has plenty of room in the back and trunk space (compare it with other sports coupes). If you really want more room in the back, be realistic and buy a sedan.

Head Turner
By Dub on 07/01/05 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

These cars are nice, this is my second 3 series Ci and I really enjoy driving it. The fun factor is the selling point. Mechanically, they need some improvement. I have an 05 325ci that has 4k on it. Already my windows squeak, my back shocks squeak and the windows don't seel real well. I have taken top care of the car, so it is nothing on my end...

Great car
By rick on 05/24/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Traded my 05 Toyota Solara (HATE IT) on an 05 BMW 325Ci. Automatic, Sport pack, Alpine White, Sand interior, BEAUTIFUL CAR! The coupe is very comfortable yet feels very athletic and solid. It feels as if the car were machined from a solid piece. The interior is comfortable, well thought out, the wood trim is not overdone. I located exactly the one I wanted by internet,and went 650 miles one way to make the trade. During the test drive my wife loved the car so much that we also made a deal on an 05 325I for her. Next week we traveled the 1300 miles again to trade her 05 Mercedes C-230 Sport. The MB was a great car but the BMW blows it in every respect. Love the Bimmers, test drive a sedan too.

I think everyone should drive this car.
By LBaquiran on 04/16/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The ultimate driving machine? Pretty darn close. Excellent ride and handling. Quality and craftmanship is one of the best in class. May not be the quickest in its class, but who cares you wanna be seen in this car anyway.