2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
perception is the name of the game
By nigthhawk779 on 10/29/11 05:36 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned it since new. It was maintained by the dealer of course until 50,000 which came quickly. The only two complaints that I have is that the skip plate is too fragile. If it touches the curb it will come off and sometimes you drive over the parts before you know it is failing. ($700.00) each time. So you learn not to park near the curb. A few times preminum gas was not available had to use 1/2 & 1/2. The back seat is hard to get any use out of. THe seat belt sets too far behind you when you first egage it. People (service personnel) are always surprised that it takes 8 guarts of oil.

Ready to TRADE!
By Money Guzzler on 06/23/10 09:02 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle in 2008 and 2wks after purchase I had a ton of issues. Had new engine dropped in the car after purchase due to dealership negligence. After the repairs I have had minor issues nothing major. So far I have spent about $500 on repairs not covered under warranty so I consider myself lucky compared to most 3 series owners. Just dropped $800 on new tires and now need an alignment that will total about $240. This car looks nice and rides sweet, but once they go down you're out of luck! The maintenance is absolutely ridiculous and the rear wheel drive is CRAP in snowy weather. So I have decided to trade this money guzzler in for a low maintenance ride.

Fun
By anieddu on 03/22/10 09:05 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive. It is truly a "handling" car. It is a bit underpowered at times, but the precision steering through the turns makes up for it. The reliability is a bit questionable. I've never had a serious problem with it, but little nagging things at times. All covered under warranty but still annoying. Would definitely buy another one. They are that much fun and they look classy even in an older body style.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Doc M on 01/30/10 20:21 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Having read car magazine reviews on the BMW 3 series since childhood I had always wondered if they were truly as good as advertised. After having a 330Ci for the past 5 years, I can attest to you that they definitely are. This car is amazing - a perfect balance of sport and luxury, utterly dependable, well built, and low maintenance. I have not had a single problem with the car, and it still looks great. Very functional - I use it to commute to work and occasionally take it on cross-country moonlighting gigs. It is a joy to drive, and can actually carry quite a bit with the rear seats down. Fit and finish is outstanding.

Ultimate Driving Machine
By St. Marc on 12/22/09 12:37 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I picked the fully loaded 2005 BMW 330ci silver metallic model with sport package, bluetooth, heated seat, IPod, etc...From brand new now at 80,000 miles has no issue other than oil change at 15,000 miles vs 3,000 miles. Got service 2 done at 65,000 miles everything thing is in perfect condition. The low profile tires do wwear out fast. This is my 3rd set of tires since '05. Again, these are performance tires rated. The leather seats are comfortable plus heated seats are a must when driving to a snow country. Love driving to the wine country and 3.0 and V6 power is no problem. At 24 mpg on average isn't too bad either.

Best bang for the buck sports coupe
By bimmerreaper5 on 11/08/08 10:02 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned Trans Ams, Corvettes, and other American sports cars and decided to step it up in quality. Having test driven Mercs and other import sports coupes, there isn't another car I would have over this one. The power in 6th gear when on the highway is still responsive enough to pass with and doesn't need a lower gear. The sport package makes this car handle just as good stock for stock against a corvette and will surprise you with its acceleration despite its small horsepower number. I continue to get 30mpg at high speeds on the highway which is simply indescribable. It is a BLAST to drive and puts my previous V8's to shame in fun to drive yet it's docile enough to commute in.

Anticipation
By John Smith on 03/31/08 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a fun, vehicle with outstanding performance look no further. This car hugs the road with impressive handling but is so quiet inside you can hear even a pin drop. The interior is nicer than most apartments. Reliability and safety are BMW top priority, just look at all the safety specs and insurance discounts. You must drive one of these!

A real Bahn-stormer!
By kenneth on 01/28/07 16:16 PM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this car when we were stationed in Germany and it has been absolutely terrific. The brakes are phenomenal at autobahn speed and the engine is silky smooth. Build quality is excellent. The car is very agile and the steering is almost telepathic. We have been extremely pleased at the fuel mileage both in Europe and here in the States. All in all a wonderful car and a joy to drive!

Sporty car
By Nicole on 12/24/05 04:03 AM (PST)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, I said for my 25 b-day I will get one and I did. I have always loved bimmers. It's a nice ride and the sport seats are great for my back. The only down side is it takes a lot of gas, but hey its a bmw not my old 04 honda civic, in l.a. traffic.

Super Little Coupe!
By Niels Leppert on 10/10/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2005 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Positives: Smooth and steady power, silky gearbox, and better than advertised fuel efficiency. Dead solid road manners, cat-like road stance...A/C holds up to the Florida summer heat, wipers and xenons take care of the Florida rain...my wife is sold on her little coupe...and no trips to the dealer for silly stuff. Thumbs Up! Negatives: You gotta reach waay back to grab the seat belt.